Windows 10: Problem connecting bluetooth printer to laptop

Discus and support Problem connecting bluetooth printer to laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba X500-10T laptop with bluetooth not pairing with HP 460wbt printer. Manage bluetooth devices finds printer but when I click to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jaburmester, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Problem connecting bluetooth printer to laptop

I have a Toshiba X500-10T laptop with bluetooth not pairing with HP 460wbt printer.

Manage bluetooth devices finds printer but when I click to pair after some time the printer disappears with the following message.

Problem connecting bluetooth printer to laptop [​IMG]

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

jaburmester, Sep 1, 2015

2. Network Printer connection with Windows 10

For anyone having problems connecting to their printers with Windows 10, you might want to try connecting via Bluetooth. I just got a new laptop, which has Windows 10 pre-installed (Windows 7 on my old laptop). I wasn't getting anywhere with wireless,
    so decided to try Bluetooth. It was really easy, and I can now print. I am connecting to an HP Photosmart printer, but I believe the Canon MP160 has Bluetooth capability as do other printers. FYI, I did not find any instructions with the HP printer that
    described how to set this up. Hopefully, newer models have some instructions. Also, if your computer or printer is not Bluetooth enabled, I believe there are adapters available.

My Bluetooth was turned off my laptop. To turn on in Windows 10, go to Settings/Devices/Bluetooth. After it is turned on, your Bluetooth enabled printer should come up on the list of devices. When I clicked to pair with the printer, I was asked for a
    passkey code for the printer. I had no idea what that should be, but when I went to the HP Photosmart printer and pressed the Setup button, I scrolled down to "Bluetooth Menu". I presume Canon has something similar. On the HP printer, I scrolled to Passkey,
    and 4 numbers were listed (newer printers have 6 numbers, I believe). I went back to the laptop and entered the 4 numbers. It took a minute or two to fully connect, then it was all set. I went to the printer again, though, because one of the Bluetooth scroll
    settings is for Security. I made sure it was set for High, which requires a passkey code for anyone to pair/connect to the printer. There is also a setting for Visibility. After setting my husband's laptop up via Bluetooth (he had not been able to use the
    printer since he upgraded to Windows 10), I set the Visibility to Invisible. So, other people in the vicinity (within 30 ft. or so) using Bluetooth, will not find our printer-- seems fairly secure. It's so easy to enable/disable Bluetooth in Windows 10,
    that we can enable it only when we want to print something if we feel we need the extra security.

Hope this is of some help for those of you having trouble connecting to printers in Windows 10.

Good luck,

Zoe

Zoe - ZFotography, Sep 1, 2015
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem connecting a windows 10 laptop to a network printer

My printer network setup is as follows:

- windows 10 pc connected by USB to the printer. I have specified that printer can be shared by other computers on the network.

- windows 10 laptop remotely connected over wifi network to above printer

- iPad also remotely connected to above printer

until today I could happily print from any of the 3 computers. Then the laptop started saying "printer offline" when i tried to print even though I could still print OK from my ipad which is also remote.

In an attempt (probably misguided) to sort the problem I decided to "remove" the printer from the laptop then "add a printer" but this process does not seem to be working. I clicked on "the printer I want is not listed" and then tried the "old printer"
    option and the "add a bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer" option but neither of them identified a printer.

The other options either involve typing in information which i do not possess or, in the case of the "add a printer using manual settings", does not appear to be about connecting to an already existing networked printer

Any ideas how I might get back my laptop connection to the printer

wallace99, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Muffy Win User

Problem connecting bluetooth printer to laptop

Muffy, Sep 1, 2015
  5. Have tried all that Muffy has suggested and printer works with Windows 7 and Windows XP machine but not with Windows 10 same problem as my original post.

Any further suggestions?

jaburmester, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Muffy Win User
    Muffy, Sep 1, 2015
  7. Windows 10 is finding bluetooth devices.

As originally stated problem occurs when I come to pair device with laptop and after some time get the error message show in previous post.

jaburmester, Sep 1, 2015
  8. WhyMe Win User

@jaburmester

In addition to the suggestion offered by Muffy to download latest printer drivers. I see Toshiba last LAN driver for the Atheros chip is from 2014. Are you using their latest driver? If so, and problem is still evident, then you may want to try downloading direct from Atheros the latest driver for your chip (if available). I am of course assuming that you have confirmed all applicable settings for both printer software and atheros software are correctly configured for your hardware device and printer.

WhyMe, Sep 1, 2015
  9. @WhyMe

I do not understand why you are suggesting I update my Wireless Lan driver which is working when problem is with bluetooth.

Please explain.

Thank you.

jaburmester, Sep 1, 2015
  10. WhyMe Win User
    @jaburmester

'Cos when I check the Toshiba LAN driver details it also refers to bluetooth so I assumed it all comes from the same card. I just looked again and there is a link from the LAN driver details page that takes you to additional drivers for bluetooth available from Toshiba (but for old OS). I'm just thinking maybe Atheros have something newer that is compatible with your chip (again assuming I have identified correct hardware AND that you are using Atheros chip for bluetooth connectivity)

WhyMe, Sep 1, 2015
  11. Have managed to install printer on Windows 10 after trying various bluetooth drivers but now have the following error.

Can anyone advise how to resolve problem.

Thank you.

jaburmester, Sep 3, 2015
  12. Have managed to install printer on Windows 10 after trying various bluetooth drivers but now have the following error.

Can anyone advise how to resolve problem.

Thank you.

jaburmester, Sep 5, 2015
  13. Problem connecting bluetooth printer to laptop

Anybody have any solution to the above error?

I have tried everything.

Thank you.

jaburmester, Sep 5, 2015
  14. bro67 Win User
    That is an End of Life printer. I guess you could keep it for connecting a tablet or smartphone to through Bluetooth. Keep in mind that Bluetooth is limited. Unless Windows 10 finds it as a WiFi printer, you are going to be better off getting a newer printer.

bro67, Sep 5, 2015
  15. Sorry, but problem happened after resent 3 Windows 10 updates.

Many problems were solved with updates but problem with bluetooth printer occurred.

Just to reiterate I have found a bluetooth driver that recognises printer and pairs but driver is not installed with error as indicated previously of Driver is unavailable.

I have managed to connect printer with USB so have driver.

I just what to find out how to solve error message.

All help appreciated.

Thank you.

jaburmester, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Problem connecting bluetooth printer to laptop - Similar Threads - Problem connecting bluetooth

2. printer not connecting with laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer not connecting with laptop: How do I make my Acer aspire 1 laptop using Windows 10 communicate with an HP Laserjet 1080 printer?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-connecting-with-laptop/bf8f590d-8386-47b7-97d6-106e6a7c21ab
  3. printer not connecting with laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer not connecting with laptop: How do I make my Acer aspire 1 laptop using Windows 10 communicate with an HP Laserjet 1080 printer?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-connecting-with-laptop/bf8f590d-8386-47b7-97d6-106e6a7c21ab
  4. printer not connecting with laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer Connection problems

Printer Connection problems: I am using Windows 10 with an Epson WF-2630 printer. In devices and printers the printer is listed twice; [Epson WF 2630 Series] and [WF 2360 Series Network] The printer is connected to my desk top via USB Cable My wife's Laptop is connected to printer via...
  6. Problem Connecting Printer

Problem Connecting Printer: This is the situation. I changed cable providers and as a result got a new wifi address. Now my wife can't see the printer attached to my computer on her computer. The list of print options she gets shows what is my daughters computer upstairs I believe. What can I do. HELP...
  7. Printer connection problems

Printer connection problems: My Epson 4550 cannot connect to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-connection-problems/18957182-c319-42ad-968f-389fcc614da3
  8. laptop to printer connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    laptop to printer connection: laptop won't connect to my brothers MFC-J430W through wifi but my phone works to printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-to-printer-connection/0dca3ac6-066e-405e-9b87-117c0f61d035
  9. Bluetooth connecting problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth connecting problem: how i connect my megablast bluetooth device with this laptop please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-connecting-problem/f8d2d219-b19a-43f7-bab0-e1eb7325f2ce
  10. laptop to printer connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop to printer connection: how do I get mylaptop to communicate to my wireless printer so I can print off web? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-to-printer-connection/b1c3e0e1-5f0d-4127-849e-99d0ed8344e8