Windows 10: Problem connecting - Remote Access Host and WebDrive

Discus and support Problem connecting - Remote Access Host and WebDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently did a new clean install of Windows 10 and two applications seem to have some problems connecting. WebDrive should allow me to connect with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aguden, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Aguden Win User

Problem connecting - Remote Access Host and WebDrive

I recently did a new clean install of Windows 10 and two applications seem to have some problems connecting. WebDrive should allow me to connect with a remote server where I edit a couple of websites. It won't connect. Remote Access Host should run on my Windows 10 PC and remote computers should be able to connect to this PC. It does connect but seems to drop off at some irregular interval. I can disable and reenable it and it is ok for a while. Tech support for Remote Access Host didn't have a clue. Any thoughts about differences between W7 and W10 that would account for this.

Thanks.

Al

:)

Aguden, Dec 4, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge Driver throws "Unexpected error. Unknown command received" when attempting to Maximize the Browser

Problem connecting - Remote Access Host and WebDrive [​IMG]

C# code: driver.Manage().Window.Maximize();

Selenium strong named API: 2.47

Exception Details:

An exception of type 'OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException' occurred in WebDriver.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Unexpected error. Unknown command received
    at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.UnpackAndThrowOnError(Response errorResponse) in c:\Projects\webdriver\dotnet\src\webdriver\Remote\RemoteWebDriver.cs:line 1175

at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.Execute(String driverCommandToExecute, Dictionary`2 parameters) in c:\Projects\webdriver\dotnet\src\webdriver\Remote\RemoteWebDriver.cs:line 923

at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.InternalExecute(String driverCommandToExecute, Dictionary`2 parameters) in c:\Projects\webdriver\dotnet\src\webdriver\Remote\RemoteWebDriver.cs:line 781

at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWindow.Maximize() in c:\Projects\webdriver\dotnet\src\webdriver\Remote\RemoteWindow.cs:line 104

at SeleniumWebDriver.WebServer.GoToUrl(IWebDriver driver, String urlPath, Boolean maximizeWindow, Boolean local) in z:\RegressNet\ASNA.QA.Testing.Tools\ASNA.QA.Selenium.WebDriver\WebServer.cs:line 67

at SeleniumWebDriver.WebServer.GoToUrl(IWebDriver driver, HOST host, String urlPath, Boolean maximizeWindow, Boolean local) in z:\RegressNet\ASNA.QA.Testing.Tools\ASNA.QA.Selenium.WebDriver\WebServer.cs:line 88

at SeleniumTest.AcceptCommandsDemo.AcceptCommandsDemo_A(IWebDriver driver) in z:\RegressNet\ASNA.QA.Testing.Tools\ASNA.QA.Selenium.WebDriver.UnitTests\AcceptCommandsDemo.cs:line 37

at SeleniumTest.AcceptCommandsDemo.WebTest_AcceptCommandsDemo_Main() in z:\RegressNet\ASNA.QA.Testing.Tools\ASNA.QA.Selenium.WebDriver.UnitTests\AcceptCommandsDemo.cs:line 32

CarlosOcasio, Dec 4, 2015
  3. Farzad_K Win User
    Hosted Network

Thanks.. Right now my struggle is that the compute3r that ius hosting can see the client over the WiFi but it cannot remote into it. Both the host and client are Win10 Home, but the dialogue boxes for remote assistance and remote connection are different.
    On the client, remote connection is an advanced option under remote assistance, but the host has two settings on the same dialogue.

I have turned firewall off on the client to see if that is a problem and I still cannot remote desktop into it.

The client is a small stick PC and doesn't have a lot of resources and I am not sure if upgrading to pro version would help or not. I have searched online and I am not sure if I can.

Farzad_K, Dec 4, 2015
  4. KimSRT Win User

Hello,

For a simple fix you can reinstall WebDrive and then restart your computer. Microsoft makes changes in the registry when a new OS is installed, and one of these changes affects WebDrive, but reinstalling/repairing the current install corrects the issue. I work for the developer of WebDrive, and please feel free to visit www.srthelpdesk.com if you have any further questions.

KimSRT, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Problem connecting - Remote Access Host and WebDrive - Similar Threads - Problem connecting Remote

2. problem remote connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem remote connection: Hello, I have problems with connecting to remote connection, because unintentionally delete allow remote device, but I deleted it already being inside the VPS server, not my laptop pc as such. And now I try to access from my pc to the remote as I already had it and it tells...
  3. problem remote connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem remote connection: Hello, I have problems with connecting to remote connection, because unintentionally delete allow remote device, but I deleted it already being inside the VPS server, not my laptop pc as such. And now I try to access from my pc to the remote as I already had it and it tells...
  4. Remote desktop connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection problem: I am trying to use my pc1 by remote desktop connection in pc2. But after entering the IP address and credentials it shows like the below image. After connection, I can't see the sign-in prompt to enter into the pc1 via pc2. So kindly help....
  5. Remote Desktop connection problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop connection problems: Hi all, I have a problem with connecting using Remote Desktop on my computers. Lets call them Desktop and Laptop. Desktop is running Win10 Pro. I want to connect to Desktop using Laptop, but my credentials keep failing. I am using the same Microsoft account on both computers,...
  6. remote access problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote access problems: can anyone please help me out here? I am having issues with my PC it has all the windows 10 updates I have even just yesterday reset it to factory but still cant get rid of whoever is accessing my connection remotely. I did try the windows defender and have numerous...
  7. Remote access connection

Remote access connection: I am trying to connect remotely to my Windows 10 Pro desktop from my android phone. I downloaded the app from the google play store and followed the directions to allow access. However whatever I put into the app on my phone for Host name or IP address and user name doesn't...
  8. Remote access problem..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote access problem..: Hey.. I m using WINDOWS SERVER 2012 R2 in my server which is accessing remotely. And im using windows 10 in my laptop. Previously password was saved in the Remote desktop connection and last day what I did is removed the saved password.. After that first time I entered...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection problems

Remote Desktop Connection problems: New thread. I did not want to clutter up the one I was in any more after being advised it was borderline hijack. My apologies. Problem I am facing seems simple to me, but apparently is not: I run a research facility at a university. I have 2 computers, 1 LAB desktop that...
  10. remote desktop connection problem ...

remote desktop connection problem ...: disconnect 1-2 min say "login another user" i have win 10 pro im change remote resvices session time limit and another method but not solved.... my englis is bad sory for this... 24493