Windows 10: Problem connecting to server

Discus and support Problem connecting to server in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed SQL Server 2017 Express and Management Studion 2017. When I try to connect to the server, I get the message which is lengthy and I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IvoMI, Jul 21, 2018.

1. IvoMI Win User

Problem connecting to server

I have installed SQL Server 2017 Express and Management Studion 2017. When I try to connect to the server, I get the message which is lengthy and I do not know how to attacg a screen snip to this question. The message is:

Cannot connect to garfield

Additional information:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that the SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error; 53)

The network path was not found.

Now I am not on a network, the server and studio are on my desktop. Also, I do not understand whether the server name or instance are the same.

In other words, I do not really understand much at all. The only other thing is that both downloads and installations were successful.

:)

IvoMI, Jul 21, 2018

2. Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, Jul 21, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Server move completed

We finally completed our server move. The specs of the new server are:
    • Dual Xeon 2.8 GHz, HT & EM64T enabled
    • 2GB Dual Channel DDR2
    • SCSI HDDs
    • 100 MBit connection
    • Fedora Core 4, PHP5, MySQL4
    This should greatly reduce load times. Sorry for the downtime/unreachable problems. If you spot any other issues please let us know immediately.

We now have an extra server standing around. If you have any suggestions what we should use it for, post here.

W1zzard, Jul 21, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem connecting to server - Similar Threads - Problem connecting server

2. Server connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Server connection: Good morning!My computer is telling me that it can not connect to the Microsoft server.My wifi is connected but I still have no connection to update my operating system as well.Do I by a chance have a network adapter issue?...
  3. server problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    server problems: i am currently playing on windows 10 and when i go to servers it says add server when i click it it says featured servers and right under it it says coming soon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/server-problems/2f732416-9f0c-4dfd-884c-6f5bfd713dbe
  4. Server connection problem

Server connection problem: I suddenly cannot connect to my server through Outlook. I can connect to internet and my ipad can get emails, but Outlook on my PC cannot. I deleted my account and tried to set up a new account, but I cant set it up because Outlook cannot connect to the server Mail.twc.com....
  5. Server Connection problem in Microsoft Bingo on the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server Connection problem in Microsoft Bingo on the computer: There is a server connection problem in Microsoft Bingo. Can you tell me how to fix it right away? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/server-connection-problem-in-microsoft-bingo-on/1809b019-2699-475a-9d6d-cd92877c2334
  6. Server Problem

Server Problem: I'm running W10 on my laptop and a couple of times a week for a while now when I switch it on and open a browser and click on one of my bookmarks I get a 'Server not found' page. I found that refreshing the page would put it right at first but that solution eventually stopped...
  7. problems experienced with connecting outlook to the SKY server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problems experienced with connecting outlook to the SKY server: problems experienced with connecting outlook to the SKY server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-experienced-with-connecting-outlook-to/b2c10246-b2dd-410d-837b-43f9a929a0eb"
  8. Server connectivity

Server connectivity: I have been having the server connectivity problem where it says that it is blocked. I didnt had this issue last month but this one doesnt let me play forza horizon 4 online. I followed all the steps when I click the "more information button" it fixed it temporarily but it...
  9. Problem with CS:GO server connection after update

Problem with CS:GO server connection after update: I recently updated my Windows PC from 1803 to 1903, and since the update I have not been able to connect to any CS:GO game servers. I always get an error saying “Failed to find offical servers”, “Failed to connect to match”, “Connection failed”, or “Could not connect to...
  10. Server problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server problems: what is up with the server cannot get on all day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/server-problems/2db5e1b4-b2a3-44f3-836d-f1de5f9e61bd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ivomi i2 software problems how to solve

2. problem connecting to server in windows