Windows 10: Problem constant printing error - old HP officejet K80

Discus and support Problem constant printing error - old HP officejet K80 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear all, Is there a way to check whether printing errors are due to hardware (printer) or driver issue? I am using an old all-in-one HP officejet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by collpicto, Nov 24, 2016.

1. collpicto Win User

Problem constant printing error - old HP officejet K80

Dear all,
    Is there a way to check whether printing errors are due to hardware (printer) or driver issue?
    I am using an old all-in-one HP officejet K80 (only as printer). It was always working without any problems under windows 7 and when I switched to windows 10 (pro 64) it is virtually impossible to print anything - I get printing error message almost 100% of the time. It seems to stop randomly in the middle of the page.

I suspect something wrong with the driver (which is basic windows driver) - is there any easy way to diagnose the problem? Any third part win10 (workable) drivers for old printers?

Thanks for your help,

:)

collpicto, Nov 24, 2016

2. HP officejet k80 printer "not found" won't print

Hi Francisco,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand and to resolve the issue we request you to provide the error codes that you are receiving.

Meanwhile I suggest you to try the Troubleshooting steps provided by hp on
    After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur article and see if
    It helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Nov 24, 2016
  3. HP officejet k80 printer "not found" won't print

it does not work, set of errors, ports and so on. it does not print. usb connected and not found, any suggestions? Old printer?

[Moved from Community Participation Center]

FranciscoFonsecaYC, Nov 24, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

If it's not a mechanical error (jam, paper feed error etc) then it's most likely the driver isn't compatible with Windows 10. Per HP you should be able to install this printer by using Windows 10 Updates, do not install the Windows 7 or 8 driver.

Neemobeer, Nov 24, 2016
  5. I've had a similar problem with a HP printer...
    HP don't support anything over ten years old. which is a bit pants. Sorta makes you want to buy from another manufacturer.

paddlesat16, Nov 27, 2016
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I bought my Laserjet 1200 around 1999. It's still working fine. Try looking for a driver from Windows Update.

eLPuSHeR, Nov 27, 2016
  7. collpicto Win User
    I tried several drivers from windows update - no success so far but still trying ...
    I would hate to bin this perfectly working printer.

collpicto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem constant printing error - old HP officejet K80 - Similar Threads - Problem constant printing

2. HP officejet printer will not shut down or print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP officejet printer will not shut down or print: My HP officejet Pro X451dn printer suddenly stopped working and says there is something wrong and to try turning the printer off and on. However, the printer will not shut down. I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in but that doesn't work either. Any suggestions...
  3. HP officejet printer will not shut down or print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP officejet printer will not shut down or print: My HP officejet Pro X451dn printer suddenly stopped working and says there is something wrong and to try turning the printer off and on. However, the printer will not shut down. I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in but that doesn't work either. Any suggestions...
  4. HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color: After installing Windows 11, my HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color. Only gives me a choice of grayscale or monochrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-pro-8610-will-not-print-in-color/ce8d6cf8-14d9-49a9-b173-ac662ea0112b
  5. Print on HP OfficeJet 3830 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print on HP OfficeJet 3830 printer: the command box doesn't offer "print" as an option. It just says "copy, scan and fax". What happened to "print"? How can I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-on-hp-officejet-3830-printer/a3bef7da-87a1-4476-88a9-89c6ee4a5edc
  6. my hp officejet 3830 is not printing in color

my hp officejet 3830 is not printing in color: I am having trouble with the hp Officejet 3830 not printing in color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-officejet-3830-is-not-printing-in-color/e21955e2-7230-4639-8146-c9a72f9af99f
  7. HP Officejet 4650 color printing ceased

HP Officejet 4650 color printing ceased: My HP Officejet 4650 stopped printing in color from my laptop. It will print in color from my iPhone and also on test pages. I followed instructions for a fix from a forum that advised removing the printer/drivers and reinstalling and gave extensive instructions on how to do...
  8. HP 6500 Officejet will print but not scan

HP 6500 Officejet will print but not scan: I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer due to the fact that it would print but not scan. I can now print again but do not have the Device Manager to test scanning...
  9. HP Officejet 3830 not printing

HP Officejet 3830 not printing: My HP 3830 has been printing very well since I bought it, over a year ago. Running Windows 10 with Word etc and had no issues. (Lenovo Laptop, again no issues). I think there was an update yesterday to Windows, as when I shut down last night it said 'Update and shutdown'....
  10. HP OFFICEJET 3830 NOT PRINTING PDF

HP OFFICEJET 3830 NOT PRINTING PDF: Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-officejet-3830-not-printing-pdf/b6a9aaf0-dd8a-45b4-84fa-a0bb0c402521