Windows 10: Problem creating a folder on a network share (Error 0x8007003B)

Discus and support Problem creating a folder on a network share (Error 0x8007003B) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Server: Windows Server 2012 Essentials Client: Window10 Pro v1607 OS Build 14393.187 When attempting to create a folder [on client] in a network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RachelATWelton, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Problem creating a folder on a network share (Error 0x8007003B)

Server: Windows Server 2012 Essentials
    Client: Window10 Pro v1607 OS Build 14393.187

When attempting to create a folder [on client] in a network share - error received (after 30 seconds of explorer.exe hanging): "An unexpected error is keeping you from renaming this folder. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred."

When I watch the same network share from the server I can see the folder being created without delay. When I attempt to create a folder in the network share from the server no error is received. Folders created on the network share from the server are able to be renamed on the client side without error.

The below forum describes the problem fairly well although several people report varying environments:
    Problem creating/renaming a folder on a network share with Win10 Anniversary Update (Error 0x8007003B).

Any help here would be appreciated!

:)

RachelATWelton, Oct 2, 2016
  2. Lyron Tra Win User

Error 0x8007003B An unexpected network error occurred

Hi,

If I understood it correctly, you are trying to rename a folder from a server using a Windows 10 PC and you are getting the error 0x8007003B. We have a similar thread entitled

Problem creating/renaming a folder on a network share with Win10 Anniversary Update (Error 0x8007003B)
    which can be found on

TechNet forums

Microsoft Community is intended for consumer products. For issues or concerns with connecting Windows 10 PCs to a server, it would be best to seek help and post your thread at

Windows 10 IT Pro category of TechNet Forums

Regards.

Lyron Tra, Oct 2, 2016
  3. MeSo2 Win User
    network drive is acting up - saving of small file works - saving files over 2 KB gets saved as empty file

Today a was creating a new folder on the share, and got a 0x8007003b network error

I found
    this helpful thread
    and disabled the Windows Search

In short:

• Open "Services"
    • Scroll down and find Windows Search > right click to select Properties.
    • Change "Startup type" to Disabled and click Apply
    • Stop the Windows Search service
    I followed these steps and did a reboot. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will fix my ongoing network problem. It really renders the server on the network to be unusable.

I gained control back over creating folders. But a bit later -- again, just trying to save a file to the server I got a non-responsive server. I now went to the share property and under the general tab unchecked "Allow files on this drive to have contents
    indexed in addition to file properties."

MeSo2, Oct 2, 2016
  4. Problem creating a folder on a network share (Error 0x8007003B)

Bueller? ...... Bueller? ....... Bueller? ........

RachelATWelton, Oct 11, 2016
  5. ellisol Win User
    This problem has been discussed here.
    As a workaround you can disable Windows search on the server. This isn't the best option for some that need and use this.
    No fix from M$ yet.

ellisol, Oct 19, 2016
  6. Thank you! Was skeptical about that but did the trick for now.

RachelATWelton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem creating a folder on a network share (Error 0x8007003B)

1. Problem creating a folder on a network share (Error 0x8007003B) - Similar Threads - Problem creating folder

2. 0x8007003B Unexpected Network Error.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0x8007003B Unexpected Network Error.: I am getting this trying to do something I have done 100 times before but now I'm getting an error.I am trying to copy a 600mb avi file to a network drive.Like I said this ALWAYS worked in the past but now I can't. Nothing has changed. except windows updatesSame computer,...
  3. 0x8007003B Unexpected Network Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x8007003B Unexpected Network Error.: I am getting this trying to do something I have done 100 times before but now I'm getting an error.I am trying to copy a 600mb avi file to a network drive.Like I said this ALWAYS worked in the past but now I can't. Nothing has changed. except windows updatesSame computer,...
  4. 0x8007003B Unexpected Network Error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Creating a Private Network Shared Folder

Creating a Private Network Shared Folder: I am wondering how to create a private network folder. My organisation has some open to everyone on the network, but i am wanting to create a folder on the network where only certain people can see it. I am hoping to get this done ASAP preferably today. Thanks Pilot640 -...
  6. problem sharing folder in private network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problem sharing folder in private network: hello, I try to share a folder in a private network. First strange thing is that in the Sharing dialog (that contains 3 sections: Network File and Folder Sharing, Advanced Sharing, Password protection) in the first section the 'Share' button is geyed and unaccessable....
  7. Error 0x8007003B - Unexpected error

Error 0x8007003B - Unexpected error: When attempting to copy files over 1 MB from C:\ to a corporate network drive over a corporate VPN, I keep getting error 0x8007003B "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file" after about 1 minute of the transfer commencing. What is the cause and how do I fix...
  8. Error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred. when i try to share a file from my...

Error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred. when i try to share a file from my...: Hi Team, My system's internet isn't working fine first off all my system just provide me max 1Mbps speed as on other system its working fine with 600 KBps, secondly I can't share a file with my back end server. Regards, Fakhar Iqbal Khan...
  9. Creating a shared folder

Creating a shared folder: How can I create a shared drive on Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-shared-folder/c3c1133f-37ee-49c1-8c09-99752001ef49"
  10. 0x8007003b error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0x8007003b error: My system was working perfectly. Started getting this error when copying files (5MB or less) from hard drive to the NAS drive (WD MyBookLiveDuo). Have had the set up for several years without any issue. I've disabled Windows Search in the Services file Disabled Windows...
Tags: