Windows 10: Problem creating a folder on a network share (Error 0x8007003B)

Discus and support Problem creating a folder on a network share (Error 0x8007003B) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Server: Windows Server 2012 Essentials Client: Window10 Pro v1607 OS Build 14393.187 When attempting to create a folder [on client] in a network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RachelATWelton, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Problem creating a folder on a network share (Error 0x8007003B)

Server: Windows Server 2012 Essentials
    Client: Window10 Pro v1607 OS Build 14393.187

When attempting to create a folder [on client] in a network share - error received (after 30 seconds of explorer.exe hanging): "An unexpected error is keeping you from renaming this folder. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred."

When I watch the same network share from the server I can see the folder being created without delay. When I attempt to create a folder in the network share from the server no error is received. Folders created on the network share from the server are able to be renamed on the client side without error.

The below forum describes the problem fairly well although several people report varying environments:
    Problem creating/renaming a folder on a network share with Win10 Anniversary Update (Error 0x8007003B).

Any help here would be appreciated!

:)

RachelATWelton, Oct 2, 2016
  2. Lyron Tra Win User

Error 0x8007003B An unexpected network error occurred

Hi,

If I understood it correctly, you are trying to rename a folder from a server using a Windows 10 PC and you are getting the error 0x8007003B. We have a similar thread entitled

Problem creating/renaming a folder on a network share with Win10 Anniversary Update (Error 0x8007003B)
    which can be found on

TechNet forums

Microsoft Community is intended for consumer products. For issues or concerns with connecting Windows 10 PCs to a server, it would be best to seek help and post your thread at

Windows 10 IT Pro category of TechNet Forums

Regards.

Lyron Tra, Oct 2, 2016
  3. MeSo2 Win User
    network drive is acting up - saving of small file works - saving files over 2 KB gets saved as empty file

Today a was creating a new folder on the share, and got a 0x8007003b network error

I found
    this helpful thread
    and disabled the Windows Search

In short:

• Open "Services"
    • Scroll down and find Windows Search > right click to select Properties.
    • Change "Startup type" to Disabled and click Apply
    • Stop the Windows Search service
    I followed these steps and did a reboot. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will fix my ongoing network problem. It really renders the server on the network to be unusable.

I gained control back over creating folders. But a bit later -- again, just trying to save a file to the server I got a non-responsive server. I now went to the share property and under the general tab unchecked "Allow files on this drive to have contents
    indexed in addition to file properties."

MeSo2, Oct 2, 2016
  4. Problem creating a folder on a network share (Error 0x8007003B)

Bueller? ...... Bueller? ....... Bueller? ........

RachelATWelton, Oct 11, 2016
  5. ellisol Win User
    This problem has been discussed here.
    As a workaround you can disable Windows search on the server. This isn't the best option for some that need and use this.
    No fix from M$ yet.

ellisol, Oct 19, 2016
  6. Thank you! Was skeptical about that but did the trick for now.

RachelATWelton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem creating a folder on a network share (Error 0x8007003B)

1. Problem creating a folder on a network share (Error 0x8007003B) - Similar Threads - Problem creating folder

2. sharing folders on home network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sharing folders on home network: After update, I can no longer access shared folders on my wife's laptop from my laptop over our home network. How may I turn this on again please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-folders-on-home-network/56cc4ace-5759-47cb-b514-9c86e98307d9"
  3. Network Share Password Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Share Password Problem: I've been using Network Share (HomeGroup before) for a while. Weeks ago I changed my Microsoft account password, and then here I got a problem. Let's say my main PC is PC A, and my second PC is PC B. When I try to access files on B from A, everything works fine. But when I...
  4. 0x8007003b error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0x8007003b error: My system was working perfectly. Started getting this error when copying files (5MB or less) from hard drive to the NAS drive (WD MyBookLiveDuo). Have had the set up for several years without any issue. I've disabled Windows Search in the Services file Disabled Windows...
  5. Sharing folders on a private network

Sharing folders on a private network: I've been trying to set up my family's private network so the individual computers can access shared folders on the other systems, however one system is not cooperating. In network sharing advanced, I've set the computer to recognize it's on a private network, turned on...
  6. Network sharing problem

Network sharing problem: Hi. I am trying to connect three home computers so they all see and share folders & files. I am almost there (I like to think), but have come up with a problem I haven't been able to solve yet. There are two PCs running Windows 7 and a laptop running Windows 10 (all Home...
  7. Network sharing problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Network sharing problem: Hi. I am trying to connect three home computers so they all see and share folders & files. I am almost there (I like to think), but have come up with a problem I haven't been able to solve yet. There are two PCs running Windows 7 and a laptop running Windows 10 (all Home...
  8. Problem with network sharing

Problem with network sharing: Hi all, I am having a small problem with sharing files from this PC to other devices. What happens is that every time I restart the PC the other devices on the network can no longer access it's shared folders. Using the netstat /ano command I can see that port 445 is not...
  9. File transfer error and lag 0x8007003B

File transfer error and lag 0x8007003B: Hi ! I am having problems with file transfers from my PC to my NAS. I do not have this problem transferring files from a drive on my pc to another drive on my pc, only to the NAS. I am getting some serious lag with small files and error's with big files. If I try to...
  10. Folder Sharing Problem on Home (Workgroup) Network

Folder Sharing Problem on Home (Workgroup) Network: I'm John and I'm unable to share a folder on my PC with a specific person on a different PC on our home workgroup network. I can share the folder with Everyone, but Windows fails to find the specific user on our home network. We have 3 Win 10 PCs on our home network: MaryPC...