Windows 10: Problem creating scheduled system restores

Discus and support Problem creating scheduled system restores in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am trying to set up a daily schedule of System Restores using the method described in the post create restore point using task scheduler windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Agrippa, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Agrippa Win User

Problem creating scheduled system restores

I am trying to set up a daily schedule of System Restores using the method described in the post create restore point using task scheduler windows 10 Home . However, it does not work.

Attached are the screen dumps for the task (ST 1) together with the various tags in the scheduled task (ST 2-7). As you can see from the History tag (ST 7), the system restores are apparently being created but, as the System Restore menu shows (ST 8), they are not actually being created. All that is shown are my manually created system restores.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted. My OS is Win 10 Home x64.

:)

Agrippa, Mar 17, 2017
  2. aarogree Win User

How to schedule an automatic restore point

My Windows 10 doesn't create restore points using the task scheduler like it is supposed to. I'm also not seeing anything under tasks for system restore (that might be the cause of the problem).

Can someone tell me how to create a task to create restore points in the task scheduler?

aarogree, Mar 17, 2017
  3. busdrj Win User
    Windows 10 automatic restore points

I can create manual restore points but when I try to create automatic restore points by scheduling "SR" in the task scheduler they show up as completed successfully but do not show up as restore points in the System Restore window. Only the manual restore
    points I created and the system generated restore points it created show up. How do I get a restore point every day?

busdrj, Mar 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 17, 2017
  5. Agrippa Win User
    Thanks. I shall try it out.

However, do you know why the method I tried did not work. It all seems quite plausible. The task schedule is provided by Microsoft and comes as part of the standard installation but there is obviously something that stops it working.

Agrippa, Mar 19, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I don't see anything that stands out in your screenshots, so I will assume that it may be step 1 in the tutorial link I posted above is the missing piece for you.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem creating scheduled system restores - Similar Threads - Problem creating scheduled

2. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create scheduled system restore points?: No matter what I do, system restores points always disappear. Even those that happened recently.1- I want to schedule it every month and never gets deleted.I do give it all data needed... I have it set as maximum hard-drive space....
  3. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create scheduled system restore points?: No matter what I do, system restores points always disappear. Even those that happened recently.1- I want to schedule it every month and never gets deleted.I do give it all data needed... I have it set as maximum hard-drive space....
  4. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System Restore Points Schedule

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Points Schedule: Hi!I recently posted a question regarding a BSOD that surprisngly I can't get out of...What I found amusing after failing to restore the computer since I don't have restore points, I had a burst of questions and doubts regarding system Restore Points:What is the default...
  6. Creating a scheduled task for restore points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a scheduled task for restore points: I've read and watched videos on how to create a monthly or three monthly Restore Point but cannot get past the following "you must enter a task name and at least one action" ... the videos that I've watched do not mention this. Can anyone point out to me how to do this?...
  7. Unable to Create Restore Point on Schedule

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to Create Restore Point on Schedule: How do I create a "Create Restore Point on Schedule" when I don't have a password? I used to have a schedule that worked until I upgraded to 2004. Thanks for any help! 159252
  8. Creating restore points on a schedule?

Creating restore points on a schedule?: Is there a way to get Win 10 to create system restore points on a schedule (e.g. once a day)? 117236
  9. scheduling system restore

scheduling system restore: how do i schedule system restore point in win 10? 33388
  10. Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10: How to: Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10 How to Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10 system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if...