Windows 10: Problem devices: USB to LPT and PCI Riser 1 to 2

Discus and support Problem devices: USB to LPT and PCI Riser 1 to 2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, I throw them to scrap. Miro Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MIRKOSOFT, Apr 5, 2018.

1. MIRKOSOFT Win User

Problem devices: USB to LPT and PCI Riser 1 to 2

Ok, I throw them to scrap.
    Miro

MIRKOSOFT, Apr 5, 2018
  2. MIRKOSOFT Win User

Hi!

I own one mysterious device - USB to LPT, look here:

Problem devices: USB to LPT and PCI Riser 1 to 2 [​IMG]

It has to allow to connect printer with LPT port to computer by USB.
    When I connect device, it finds driver and I see it in device manager and printers&faxes.
    But when I connect printer, even reboot - it shows printer not.
    I have not manual, not any description, it gave me my friend.
    I wanted to use it in retrocomputing to data transfer - simulating bidirectional connection.
    Is anything of written above possible?

Device 2
    PCI riser 1 port to two.
    My MB (ASUS Z170A) has single PCI port and I bought it on eBay.
    It has connectors which are not possible to use without cable extender,look

When I connect it directly or by cable to MB, computer starts not - really few miliseconds powers on but then powers off - before case fan rotation, only CPU fan attempts to rotate.
    I don't know why - it has also button and CD audio connector - really don't know button function, maybe anything like RAM slots on MB which at modules exchange needs to be pushed after inserting to make it confirmed.
    Why it works not?

My OS is Windows 10.1803 Pro x64, CPU iCore i5 and 20GB RAM, ~ 7TB storage

Last (only for info) Q is to MSI @nywhere TV Card - I own Analog and Analog/Digital.
    A/D works without problems.
    When I conect analog, computer powers on but speaker beep as system control indicator is silent - so PC hangs.
    Both are PCI carrds.

Can anybody help or explain it me?
    Thank you all for everything.
    Miro

:)

MIRKOSOFT, Apr 24, 2018
  3. brcapital Win User
    ntoskrnl.exe driver causing numerous BSOD's

No, not at all.

I have two HD's that are SATA drives and one DVD that is an SATA drive as well. I also have a USB 3.0 PCI-E extender riser board.

brcapital, Apr 24, 2018
  4. 0kazaki Win User

Thread Stuck in Device Driver Windows 10

Thank you all for reading this post, but I think I might have solved the issue with a little more troubleshooting.

My graphics card was on a PCI-e Extendor/riser. I thought nothing of it, because it came with the case. But part of the riser was a little bent more than usual. So, upon removing the riser and directly inserting the graphics card into the PCI-e 16x slot,
    I no longer got any BSODs or framerate issues on games.

0kazaki, Apr 24, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    Device 1 may not work with a USB 3.x port, try in a USB 2.x port. I tried one of those some time ago and the printer software didn't recognize/work with the resultant port.

Device 2 may be defective. Or if the power cord was still plugged into the computer there would still be power to the motherboard even though Windows was shut down, that can cause issues when changing cards or memory modules. Only sure way to make such changes is to pull the power cord out and press the power switch to drain any residual power from the motherboard or wait a minute.

Berton, Apr 24, 2018
  6. CountMike New Member
    For USB to Parallel adapter to printer, you should(re)install printer drivers and set to use Virtual USB port. Most printers don't work from USB3 port either.
    That analog only TV card may be defective.
    That PCI extender is meant for older bramd name computers and may not work properly in other brands.

CountMike, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem devices: USB to LPT and PCI Riser 1 to 2 - Similar Threads - Problem devices USB

2. Windows 11 Other Devices - PCI to PCI Bridge and USB's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Other Devices - PCI to PCI Bridge and USB's: Hi,My Windows 11 in Settings > Bluetooth & devices showing other devices connected like below in ss. I really need your help as I got hacked before 1 month ago, I formatted the pc but I am not sure if my PC still clean. I really need your help Microsoft Windows Team!...
  3. Windows 11 Other Devices - PCI to PCI Bridge and USB's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Other Devices - PCI to PCI Bridge and USB's: Hi,My Windows 11 in Settings > Bluetooth & devices showing other devices connected like below in ss. I really need your help as I got hacked before 1 month ago, I formatted the pc but I am not sure if my PC still clean. I really need your help Microsoft Windows Team!...
  4. PCI Device as Removable Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI Device as Removable Device: Hi,I have question about my Crucial P5 m.2 nvme SSD. This port should be internal m.2 slot in my motherboard. But why it will show "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" option here, I dun expect this. I though it is same as my C: and D: treat as internal storage disks....
  5. PCI Problems

PCI Problems: [IMG] Hello everyone. I've been given the task of transferring video from a quite old Sony camcorder. I was told that I would need to use an 'i.Link' cable. As my PC didn't have the relevant port fitted, I bought one and it fitted okayish. Now I say okayish as the card...
  6. 2 DEVICES ; 1 MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 DEVICES ; 1 MICROSOFT ACCOUNT: Hi! I hope someone can help me. My Microsoft account is currently the administrator to 2 laptops. I realize that any apps/ file or changes to one laptop will be reflected in the other. I think its because of the One Drive? Currently, I would like to delete my Microsoft...
  7. Device Manager PCI Device Problem

Device Manager PCI Device Problem: Just randomly I saw 3 PCI Device errors in device management and I don't know why. When I click on them they say this: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28. There are no compatible drivers for this device. To find a driver for this device, click Update...
  8. USB devices not listed under Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Managerr

USB devices not listed under Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Managerr: [img] My USB devices are only listed under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers/Devices" And the COM port is not assigned to the USB device. I would like to see the devices listed under "Ports (COM & LPT)" Such that a software I use would recognize the COM port under the which...
  9. a problem with 2 of my USB plug in devices

a problem with 2 of my USB plug in devices: This is on my Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop, OS Win 10 home 64bit. I just turned on the laptop, went through the normal Win startup and the normal things that Win does loading drivers and so on. When that is done and the desktop is up. I turn on the external power for the 2nd...
  10. how to connect 2 devices in to 1

how to connect 2 devices in to 1: hi I have got a Lenovo laptop as well as a Lenovo tablet. but today my tablet broke. So my question is how can I connect my tablet too my laptop? being all of my stuff that I had on the tablet, I cannot access it on my laptop. can anyone help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if a computer has 4 pci slots but has just 1 parrellel port how can you install a 2nd port