Windows 10: Problem exploring secondary harddrive.

Discus and support Problem exploring secondary harddrive. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My pc is running windows 10 and I'm trying see files in another hdd that's running xp. I connected it as a slave just so I could see the files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mickey83, Aug 3, 2015.

1. mickey83 Win User

Problem exploring secondary harddrive.

My pc is running windows 10 and I'm trying see files in another hdd that's running xp. I connected it as a slave just so I could see the files and collect and save what I needed to. when I go into storage and have a look It does show the hard drive and it does have the colour co ordinated bar and what each type of file is in it. but It just tells me there are no files to show me when I click on each one so I cant retrieve pics, music etc.
    does anyone have a solution for this or should I just carry on with the install of windows 7?

Please help.

:)

mickey83, Aug 3, 2015
  2. SWren Win User

Deleted Folder with "Undo New" Option on Windows 10

My issue is very similar, but seems like a loophole in the programming. I was copying pics from a phone with 2 File Explorer windows up. I created a new folder on the harddrive, renamed it, and dragged over 7GB of pics. The problem was, the "undo rename"
    option wasn't available in the window on the harddrive, it was available on the window on the phone. So I go to click on "new folder" but accidentally click "undo rename" and windows changes the harddrive folder back to New Folder and POOF 7 GB of pics are
    gone. Please have someone fix this!

SWren, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Jon80 Win User
    Oyen Digital MiniPro Hard Drive does not show up in explorer (Permissions/AutoDetect of Hardware)

For some reason my Oyen Digital MiniPro HardDrive won't show up on windows explorer, I think there is a security configuration problem and I have not changed the configuration so I am surprised at what might have happened.

I use Win 10 Home Edition.

Jon80, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Problem exploring secondary harddrive.

1. Problem exploring secondary harddrive. - Similar Threads - Problem exploring secondary

2. External Harddrive locking up Explorer on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Harddrive locking up Explorer on startup: Good afternoon,I experiencing an issue where if I boot up Windows with my external harddrive connected Seagate Onetouch 6TB, then go to file explorer, it'll hang indefinitely while trying to navigate files. If I unplug the hardrive it'll instantly unfreeze and act as it...
  3. External Harddrive locking up Explorer on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Harddrive locking up Explorer on startup: Good afternoon,I experiencing an issue where if I boot up Windows with my external harddrive connected Seagate Onetouch 6TB, then go to file explorer, it'll hang indefinitely while trying to navigate files. If I unplug the hardrive it'll instantly unfreeze and act as it...
  4. Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?: Hi! I'm trying to pin a shortcut to the explorer on my secondary taskbar but I have no idea how to do this.I'm using a dual-monitor setup with two taskbars, with 'showing programs on taskbar where window is open' enabled. I also use a third-party add-on to set the icons to...
  5. Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?: Hi! I'm trying to pin a shortcut to the explorer on my secondary taskbar but I have no idea how to do this.I'm using a dual-monitor setup with two taskbars, with 'showing programs on taskbar where window is open' enabled. I also use a third-party add-on to set the icons to...
  6. Problem with harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with harddrive: Hi I just bought a new external harddrive last week and i have moved my files to it. After a few days when i try opening the files; file explorer starts freezing and it say it is not responding. Can somebody please help me....
  7. 3 Harddrives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    3 Harddrives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions: So in the past couples days a couple drives have started to look like the drives in the picture. Those drives have a normal partition that is the right size. Whats stranger is formatting the drivers doesn't fix them. I have moved them from internal Sata to Esata, to USB...
  8. Secondary Harddrive Broke Need Serious Help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary Harddrive Broke Need Serious Help!: Windows 10 64bit fully updated...I have a 256GB SSD and 1TB Hard Drive...The 256GB SSD has the OS while I use the Hard Drive for Storage and Games that take a lot of space. This morning I turned on my computer to hear a funny sound...Like the discs of the Hard Drive were...
  9. Another secondary email problem

in Browsers and Email
    Another secondary email problem: Am using the Hotmail mail app (the Starry night look one) and I can set it up and see it as I like all but the default font it has to be changed very message or reply I make and the darn thing has no spellcheck. I also find it rather irritating that it does not show you if...
  10. Secondary display overscan problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Secondary display overscan problem: So my laptop has had no issue in the past connecting to this tv, however with windows 10 there is an overscan of almost the whole taskbar on every side. However with no issue on the main laptop display, only on other displays The laptop has intel hd 4400 graphics as the...