Windows 10: Problem getting stereo sound from headphones

Discus and support Problem getting stereo sound from headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP laptop, and my sound card is (displayed using PCIutils for Windows): Code: Intel Corporation 7 Series / C210 Series[/quote] and I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alleluia, Feb 14, 2016.

1. alleluia Win User

Problem getting stereo sound from headphones

I have an HP laptop, and my sound card is (displayed using PCIutils for Windows):

Code: Intel Corporation 7 Series / C210 Series[/quote] and I am finding difficulties in getting stereo sound from analogical headphones (plugged in with 3.5mm jack). Drivers downloaded from HP or Realtex do not work, drivers supplied by Windows (although they are Realtek drivers as well) sometimes work, I mean: speakers and headphones are shown together at the mixer, and sound from headphones is not stereo. I then go to device manager, audio input and output, and uninstall "Speakers/Headphones". I then reboot with my headphones plugged in, and, after that, the sound is stereo, and (IIRC) the mixer distinguishes between headphones and speakers.

But then things get broken back soon: one time, the windows updated the sound driver, and no stereo sound again. I uninstalled the device, rebooted, and stereo back. Then I unplugged the headphones, and windows said that no speakers were found: I restarted the audio device, speakers were found again, but stereo broken again *Mad

I think that debugging this looks tricky but, do you have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

:)

alleluia, Feb 14, 2016
  2. wetzel97 Win User

headphone and stereo not working on Windows 10 Dell xps 13 computer

When I try to play music or listen to some sort of sound, both my headphones and stereo will not play sound. I have gone to the control panel, gotten to sound, and then gone to playback. It does not display any sort of headphones in the playback section.
    But it does display Speakers (even though the speakers do not seem to be working). What can I do to get the headphones to be displayed and present and overall, how can I get sound to play through headphones and stereo option?

wetzel97, Feb 14, 2016
  3. Nokia 1020 - Black Update - Headphone Jack

I updated to the Black update and now my headphone jack will not work wtih 3 band headphones (I get sound from only one bud). When I use a 4 band headphone I get stereo. Everything worked fine before the Black update.

bmsjr---01, Feb 14, 2016
  4. alleluia Win User

I think I found a workaround. Go to C: -> Program Files -> Realtek -> Audio -> HDA. Move the mouse over the names of the files until you find, under the File Description, "Realtek HD Audio Manager" (on my computer, the file is RtkNGUI64.exe). Run that file. Under the second tab (I have it in another language, would translate to something like "listening experience" in English), uncheck the option (the option would translate to something like "improve audio" in English).

This seems to bring back stereo.

alleluia, Feb 14, 2016
  5. Hello! I had this problem of both channels (in stereo) going to both ears too. Control panel->Sound->Playback->Speakers->Properties->Enhancements....remove all enhancements! This led to true stereo output!

rahul kumar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem getting stereo sound from headphones - Similar Threads - Problem getting stereo

2. Sound reverts away from stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound reverts away from stereo: With today's Windows 11 update, SoundBlaster is is heavy bass, little treble. Dictation is not clear, mumbled.Why and how can I change it back to clear audio?...
  3. Sound reverts away from stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound reverts away from stereo: With today's Windows 11 update, SoundBlaster is is heavy bass, little treble. Dictation is not clear, mumbled.Why and how can I change it back to clear audio?...
  4. Headphone and sound problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone and sound problem: Hello, I have a problem when connecting the headset to the computer. I can't control the volume. I hope you can help me as soon as possible and thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-and-sound-problem/7445bc5e-c311-439c-990d-fb700f908e2b
  5. Headphone and sound problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone and sound problem: Hello, I have a problem when connecting the headset to the computer. I can't control the volume. I hope you can help me as soon as possible and thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-and-sound-problem/7445bc5e-c311-439c-990d-fb700f908e2b
  6. Stereo Bluetooth Headphones do not reproduce stereo sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Bluetooth Headphones do not reproduce stereo sound: Hi, I recently bought a P47 Wireless headphones and they are supposed to be stereo, but they are combining both channels and reproducing only mono sound. I have been searching on the internet a lot and I am not able to find any solution to this problem. I already tried to...
  7. Issue with Bluetooth Headphones, Stereo Sound not working.

Issue with Bluetooth Headphones, Stereo Sound not working.: I'm having issues with my ComfortQ+ headphones not playing stereo sound. I've tried everything from restarting to disconnecting my headphones; to even removing the drivers manually using Device Manager. Also when I try to press 'Connect' on the dropdown menu it does nothing....
  8. Headphones not playing stereo sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones not playing stereo sound: Hi, recently my headphones broke and I bought a pair of headphones (JBL Live 650btnc) and when I am playing games like csgo, rainbow six siege etc it doesn't have left and right stereo and combines it into one channel. I have done research and I can't seem to find anything to...
  9. bluetooth headphones not in stereo

bluetooth headphones not in stereo: I have Bose Bluetooth soundsport ear buds that when connected to Windows 10 Bluetooth will only play sound in the right ear due to them defaulting to the right ear telephony option. I have updated windows 10, all drivers, added and added the earbuds, rebooted a million times...
  10. Problem with sound to stereo headphones

Problem with sound to stereo headphones: Have two 100% identical computers... A-The Windows simulated quadrophonic and 7.1 sound test works fine B- Thesound only appears in the left and right ear, two speakers only, clicking on the others gives a wave symbol on the screen, but nothing through the headset Having...