Windows 10: Problem in Menu/Tab Text and icon graphics

Discus and support Problem in Menu/Tab Text and icon graphics in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having issue with the text and icons not appearing in the right click menus including property menus and other dialogue boxes. [img] [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by syedhussain13, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Problem in Menu/Tab Text and icon graphics

I am having issue with the text and icons not appearing in the right click menus including property menus and other dialogue boxes.

Problem in Menu/Tab Text and icon graphics [​IMG]

restarting solves the issue for a while but it appears again after sometime.
    Please suggest a solution. I am having Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 and NVIDIA GeForce 940M.

:)

syedhussain13, Oct 7, 2016
  2. dempseyvv Win User

Start menu and taskbar right-click pop-up have invisible icons and text

Upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Windows 10 works fine, but I have serious problems with the presentation of the Start menu and the Taskbar.

Start menu (i.e. Most Used and All Apps) are supposed to show for each entry an icon and text. After almost every restart it looks different: nothing, or only icons, or only text, or both icons and text. Sometimes when it shows both icons and text and I
    move the cursor (without clicking or anything) over the icons they just disappear.

The Taskbar icons are fine. Right-clicking on an icon is supposed to show a pop-up menu with icons and text, but that seldom happens. After most restarts I am lucky to get a few icons in the pop-up. MS Excel is the only one that show the complete pop-up
    menu filled, but when I move the cursor over them they (icons and text) too disappear!

Perhaps not related, but several of the Personalization Settings (Background, Colors, Lock Screen) have corrupted ON/OFF switch settings, i.e. overlayed with strange text. Pull-down choices get completely mingled up too. Login password field shows often
    bits of large character date or time.

I use NVidia GTX 570 graphics card and the latest NVidia driver, which worked fine in Win 7 Pro. Graphics from all my applications are normal.

dempseyvv, Oct 7, 2016
  3. dempseyvv Win User
    Start menu and taskbar right-click pop-up have invisible icons and text

My problems with Start menu and taskbar are perhaps not the same as others have, but my Start menu, All Apps, Recently Added and Most Used show either icon & text, or only icons, or only text, or nothing!

My Taskbar often have the same problem with the right-click pop-up (context) not showing icons and/or text.

After every reboot it was different.

My solution (so far) is to Open Task Manager (Ctrl-Shft-Esc) and then go to the Startup tab. Look for oneDisk, select it and Disable it. Reboot.

I have rebooted now twice and Start menu and Taskbar is working how it should.

NOTE: I had not configure oneDisk as I don't have any need for it.

dempseyvv, Oct 7, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Problem in Menu/Tab Text and icon graphics

Try going to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Fonts\Font settings and click Restore default font settings.

Cliff S, Oct 7, 2016
Thema:

Problem in Menu/Tab Text and icon graphics

1. Problem in Menu/Tab Text and icon graphics - Similar Threads - Problem Menu Tab

2. Right click menu icons overlapping the text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click menu icons overlapping the text: Hello I'm not sure if this issue occured with latest windows updates. I'm running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release and when I righ click on the desktop or in any folder my icons are overlapping the text when I restart the explorer it fixes it for like 5...
  3. Right click menu icons overlapping the text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu icons overlapping the text: Hello I'm not sure if this issue occured with latest windows updates. I'm running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release and when I righ click on the desktop or in any folder my icons are overlapping the text when I restart the explorer it fixes it for like 5...
  4. Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason.: Hi all, since an update earlier today, my Start Menu has decided to resize the icons and shrink down the fonts to almost for me unreadable size. I have tried a fix that I found on here and it did work for about half an hour then it went back to its current state. Another...
  5. Texts on Files/Folder/Icons and Chrome Tabs Are Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Texts on Files/Folder/Icons and Chrome Tabs Are Missing: Hello. I turned on my Acer Aspire laptop today which usually takes time to boot and found out that the icons on my desktop screen are missing. Furthermore, text on the Chrome tabs are gone too. I couldn't run command prompt or the registry as it just opens as white screen...
  6. Second display graphics text and icon issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second display graphics text and icon issue: My second display is working fine with native resolution set, except there's some sudden bright pixels between text, and icons especially in between small text and icon. This is really a pain to look at. I've attached a photo of my monitor: [IMG] As u can see the "sudden...
  7. Text & icons in start menu greyed out

Text & icons in start menu greyed out: Hello everyone, I'm in need of assistance. You see just recently I've reseted the Local Group Policy settings on my computer through the command prompt method. Though after the process was complete I discovered that there was a problem with my start menu. All the text &...
  8. Icon text color problem

Icon text color problem: Hello, I just upgraded windows 10 version from 1709 to 1803 and now my icon text color is black. Before it was normal (white), and I have no idea how to change it back. Can you help me? Thanks in advance....
  9. icon menu problems

icon menu problems: when i right click on any desktop icon the menu appears with a blue buffering ring for 1 to 2 seconds then both menu and ring both disappear, the menu will not stay open....
  10. Some icons and text not showing in search menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Some icons and text not showing in search menu: Ever since I installed Windows 10, a lot of text and icons in the search menu are not showing up ever. I've tried the obvious things such as restarting my computer and making sure I have all Windows updates. My start menu and everything else seems to work normally. Here are...