Windows 10: Problem installing printer connected to other computer in network

Discus and support Problem installing printer connected to other computer in network in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a small family network (Win 7 and 8.1 machines) Have Samsung printer ML2525 connected by USB to desktop in network. All existing computers can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dbish, Oct 17, 2016.

1. dbish Win User

Problem installing printer connected to other computer in network

I have a small family network (Win 7 and 8.1 machines) Have Samsung printer ML2525 connected by USB to desktop in network. All existing computers can see and print to this printer without problem.

Bought new Win 10 laptop. Downloaded Samsung universal printer driver3 (latest release which covers Win10). Installed driver, plugged printer into laptop (via USB) and everything worked fine. Physically I want to have printer on Desktop and moved printer back.

Trying to get Win 10 laptop to install Samsung printer from across network:

Tried to install printer with control panel/Devices and printers/Add a Printer: Program immediately sees the printer. When I click next to install get long wait then error message "Operation error (0x00000bcb) Specified printer driver was not found on the system and needs to be downloaded."

Tried to install with Setting/Devices/add a printer: App finds printer immediately. I click to add it and it waits long time ("Connecting") and comes back with but fails to install ("There's more to do. before you can add this printer you need to install a driver...")

BUT - Driver is installed on the laptop from when printer was physically connected - win10 doesn't know to look.

How to I tell Win 10 where to look for a driver and at what part of the install process?

Thansk

:)

dbish, Oct 17, 2016
  2. MarcB1967 Win User

HomeGroup and Network issues on Windows10

After installing W10 (or rather reinstalling it after having another problem) can't use HomeGroup, or network in order to share my printer.

Printer is connected via Ethernet to PC, but with W8.1 used to be able to share it with all other computers on home network.Now impossible.

The other computers are on W8.1 or W7

Used to work perfectly, before W10. Are the other windows version sincompatible with W10, for this?

It detects the printer I want to join on network, (I can use the printer on the main computer as it is connected by wire, not wifi) but then tells me impossible.

What do I have to do?

How do you completely eliminate network, in order to restart a new one?

How do you completely eliminate HomeGroup in odre to create new one?

Many thanks

MarcB1967, Oct 17, 2016
  3. mlg63 Win User
    My local network multifunction printer will not work in scan mode after Windows 10 installation

How is the network printer connected? It cannot be directly connected to another computer on the network. You can share printers that way but not scanners. The network printer-scanner must be connected to the router instead of another computer. Be sure
    to install the win 10 printer drivers and scanner software on the win 10. Get the instructions to setup a wireless network printer-scanner from the printer's support site.

mlg63, Oct 17, 2016
Thema:

Problem installing printer connected to other computer in network

1. Problem installing printer connected to other computer in network - Similar Threads - Problem installing printer

2. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is not connecting to network: After cumulative windows updates my printer is not connecting to network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-connecting-to-network/0e633272-dbf3-4b55-bebe-77263a710010
  3. Computer cannot connect to other computers on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot connect to other computers on network: We have three identical workstations Windows 11, all set to private network, network sharing enabled, credential manager set up with correct passwords, folder shared with everyone, etc. Everything worked fine, meaning all computers could see and connect to each other. Then...
  4. Computer cannot connect to other computers on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer cannot connect to other computers on network: We have three identical workstations Windows 11, all set to private network, network sharing enabled, credential manager set up with correct passwords, folder shared with everyone, etc. Everything worked fine, meaning all computers could see and connect to each other. Then...
  5. Unable to Connect or Ping Wifi Printer; Other Computers on the Same Network Can

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Connect or Ping Wifi Printer; Other Computers on the Same Network Can: I have one laptop that is unable to connect or ping devices on the network, of primary concern is a wifi connected printer. Other computers on the network are working just fine; the problem is isolated to just the one computer. Things that have been verified:Problem...
  6. Windows 10 network printer connect problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 network printer connect problem: My DNP DS40 network printer has stopped connecting after the last two Windows 10 updates. Error says it cannot connect to the printer because it cannot find its driver. Printer can be seen on the ethernet network but it can not find its driver so it can not connect....
  7. Connect a Network Printer

Connect a Network Printer: Hi, I have two computers and each one has its own printer. They are connected in the same network. How can I connect to the other computer's printer? I can't seem to figure this out.......
  8. problem with connecting printer to computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem with connecting printer to computer: I cannot connect my PC to the printer. I did some troubleshooting actions like plugged in it again, reinstalled this printer. But not the screen goes blank when I start printing....
  9. unable to connect to other computers on my network

unable to connect to other computers on my network: unable to connect to other computers on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/unable-to-connect-to-other-computers-on-my-network/22a680af-c11c-4671-a28e-4a8a34fa2c29
  10. Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer: I have 3 computers that are connected to internet and are also connected to network printer. I have another computer that has financial data. In order to prevent any copying, I want to turnoff internet and block all USB ports on this 4th computer but still want to allow user...