Windows 10: problem installing updates

Discus and support problem installing updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just tried to download and install a update for this tech preview but it will not install. It I am getting the error code 0x80246017. Anyone have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Matt Siegel, Jan 28, 2015.

1. problem installing updates

I just tried to download and install a update for this tech preview but it will not install. It I am getting the error code 0x80246017. Anyone have any idea what this error code is pointing towards?

:)

Matt Siegel, Jan 28, 2015

2. Problem with installing updates

I tried all what you said .

FireSword---01, Jan 28, 2015
  3. Problem with installing updates

i forgot

it shows a black screen and the usb disconnect

FireSword---01, Jan 28, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

problem installing updates

labeeman, Jan 28, 2015
  5. dmholt57 Win User
    It was explained earlier that Microsoft made a mistake, whodathunkit, the fbl versions are only available on the Microsoft network, not available for the tech preview...hence the error...

dmholt57, Jan 28, 2015
  6. Matt Siegel, Jan 28, 2015
  7. *Haha
    It's just part of the Win10 Technical Preview testing - you think only users break stuff when they test it?

Slartybart, Jan 28, 2015
  8. gzt7d8 Win User

Today this is what I got with the updates. It started then gave me the error message as others has seen. But the version I'm seeing is 9933.

gzt7d8, Jan 28, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I did a little investigating and this is what I found on the Insider Hub:

problem installing updates [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jan 28, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks.. I was getting the same message as everyone else and I thought, what the heck. There might be some information there.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 28, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Oh and I found out that when I changed the registry setting from FBL_ASWOME1501 to fbl_release the message goes away.

problem installing updates [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jan 28, 2015
  12. I am running win 10 TP enterprise:build 9926:now when I go into settings to check for updates and new builds, In advanced options, In the box "choose what branch etc... the only option is:fbl_awesome1501: is this correct?.There are no options to serch for a new build.
    am i worrying about nothing?.
    regards Topper.

toppergraph, Jan 28, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

I went into the registry and made the change from FBL_AWSOME1501 to fbl_release.

You should be ok.

BunnyJ, Jan 28, 2015
  14. dmholt57 Win User
    From Gabriel Auls' blog... However, it’s now clear that this trick was for internal use only, and might do more harm than good for users. According to this tweet from Gabriel, computers that have applied this registry hack will not be receiving future builds of Windows 10.
    So essentially, it takes users out of the public release cycle.

dmholt57, Jan 28, 2015
  15. the new branch choice fbl_awesome1501 is correct
    you are worrying about nothing*Smile - everyone sees it too.
    still it's always good to ask.

Bill

Slartybart, Jan 28, 2015
Thema:

1. problem installing updates - Similar Threads - problem installing updates

2. Problem installing this update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem installing this update: Hi friends I want a solution to this problem. This update does not complete its installation. I think it was already there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-installing-this-update/345ec14c-6fb7-405b-82c1-c91761fb0ec4
  3. update installing problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update installing problem: WHY MY WINDOW 1903 UPDATE IS DOWNLOAADING 100% BUT NOT INSTALLING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-installing-problem/404709b4-4ac6-4617-bfb0-84450cf259a3
  4. problems installing updates

problems installing updates: There were some problems installing updates, I keep seeing this : There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80080005....
  5. Problem installing update

Problem installing update: Windows update error continues to show up when the update is complete. What needs to be done? 0x80070057 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-installing-update/81e1dbfb-15a9-4f32-8d1b-c2e745c77ea8
  6. problem to install updates

problem to install updates: hi there, i've received two updates today, but after downloading the updates and restarting the computer i got a message, we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes thanks to help me to find a solution to install those updates....
  7. Problem Installing Updates

Problem Installing Updates: Hi, when i try to update my windows 10, i am facing the below error. [ATTACH] 2019-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4511553) - Error 0xca00a000...
  8. Problems Installing Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems Installing Updates: For some reason, I'm getting an announcement that my updates didn't install. [img] Is anyone else getting this problem? 4152
  9. Problem installing updates

Problem installing updates: Dear Support, I have also experienced this. How to solve? Thanks. [img] Allen Low 23566
  10. Install updates problem

Install updates problem: I've got Windows 10. For awhile I had problems downloading updates. I solved that problem by doing a reset. But now it won't install all updates. I get a message that it couldn't install some updates and had a button to Retry. But clicking on the Retry button did not solve...