Windows 10: Problem keeping display settings

Discus and support Problem keeping display settings in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Display/Settings/Advance Display Settings/Advance sizing of text and other items. When I reset them, hit the "Apply" button on my Acer Aspire,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by eaf14131, Dec 22, 2015.

1. eaf14131 Win User

Problem keeping display settings

Display/Settings/Advance Display Settings/Advance sizing of text and other items.

When I reset them, hit the "Apply" button on my Acer Aspire, everything works fine till I turn the unit off/close the cover. Next time I open the cover/start the unit, all resized items revert to the default (9). Don't have the problem on my desktop and all settings look equal. How do I keep my preferred settings?

:)

eaf14131, Dec 22, 2015
  2. ashkaps Win User

Lumia 640- display issue: constantly fluctuating display

HI.

I just purchased a new lumia 640. I was exploring the options and came across something weird with the display.

The display brightness keeps on fluctuating in intensity by itself.

Few observations:

This is much evident when the Settings>brightness is set to automatic and Settings>display>brightness profile>adjust>Brightness bar is set to lowest (slider on the left side).

If I increase this brightness bar to maximum the problem resolves.

Also if I select a brightness level in Settings>Brightness as low, medium or high (and NOT automatic) the problem is resolved as long as the brightness bar in brightness profile is not lowest.

The problem is most evident against a white display like browsing on IE.

So the problem is: if I reduce the brightness to it's lowest level using all settings then the display fluctuates.

ashkaps, Dec 22, 2015
  3. nate.john Win User
    Display/multiple display settings keep changing on their own.

I am currently having this same problem. Every time I switch HDMI outputs I have display issues. I have a splitter so I can play xbox on my screen. I have to reset my displays everytime. WHy can I just delete one of the display options?

I have update drivers and all other update. I still cant get the problem resolved.

nate.john, Dec 22, 2015
Thema:

Problem keeping display settings

1. Problem keeping display settings - Similar Threads - Problem keeping display

2. How to solve the settings keep closing problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve the settings keep closing problem?: I have just installed windows 10 in my pc, for a while it was good but lately I can't open the settings app. It just closes immediately, have anyone ever had the same problem?...
  3. How to solve the settings keep closing problem?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to solve the settings keep closing problem?: I have just installed windows 10 in my pc, for a while it was good but lately I can't open the settings app. It just closes immediately, have anyone ever had the same problem?...
  4. shutdown problem & display settings problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shutdown problem & display settings problem: Hello, I have two difficulties that occurred unexpectedly. The first is a shutdown problem; I was closing my computer, but when I hit shutdown, it rebooted and opened Windows again; I tried holding my power button for a few seconds to force shutdown, but it did the same...
  5. shutdown problem & display settings problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shutdown problem & display settings problem: Hello, I have two difficulties that occurred unexpectedly. The first is a shutdown problem; I was closing my computer, but when I hit shutdown, it rebooted and opened Windows again; I tried holding my power button for a few seconds to force shutdown, but it did the same...
  6. shutdown problem & display settings problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My downloads folder display settings keep resetting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My downloads folder display settings keep resetting.: No other folders. Just the Downloads folder keeps going back to grouping them by "date modified" and displaying as "details" I want large icons and no grouping. But it resets every time I close the file explorer....
  8. Wireless Display settings, weird problem.

Wireless Display settings, weird problem.: Hi guys, So I got this weird problem. I tried to change the display settings of my tv, who I connected to my pc to view videos as I work on my pc. But it disconnected, and It won't connect anymore. But to change the settings back, it seems I need to connect. But that's...
  9. Display settings keep changing

Display settings keep changing: So I have a laptop that I use mostly on a dock with an external monitor hooked up. I have it set as 2 separate displays, but when I take my laptop off the dock and use it as a normal laptop, and then put it back on the dock, the main display stays as the laptop rather than...
  10. WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting: Hi all- The power setting in my WIN10 system will not keep 'no sleep' on both the HD and display regardless of overall setting, ie., Balanced/High Performance etc. It always reverts back to some stock config that I'm trying to remove. I download large bgls for my flight...