Windows 10: Problem mounting Macrium backup image

Discus and support Problem mounting Macrium backup image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My system is Windows 10 and I am running Macrium Reflect v6.3.1835 for backups. I have two partitions - one for the OS and one for Data and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Nosmas, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Nosmas Win User

Problem mounting Macrium backup image

My system is Windows 10 and I am running Macrium Reflect v6.3.1835 for backups.
    I have two partitions - one for the OS and one for Data and I have scheduled regular
    FULL backups of both partitions, which are written to an external HDD. I am having
    trouble trying to mount one of the OS images in order to inspect and possibly restore
    a file by copy and paste

On the Macrium main page restore tab all available images are shown and I have selected
    one of the OS images to be mounted. Clicking on Browse Image then selecting the image
    to be mounted shows 'N/A' under the Drive Letter heading with no apparent means of
    changing it. Clicking on Restore Image opens a window showing the correct source image,
    and in the destinations section it shows my two partitions plus two others - Recovery
    and Dell Utility. Advancing to the Next window (Restore Summary) indicates the restore
    partition will have drive letter 'C'. Goimg back to the previous page and clicking
    Restore Partition Properties enables the drive lettr to e changed. Clicking on Finish
    displays a window stating the 'C' drive is in use and the restore cannot continue and
    suggests using Windows PE.

What am I not doing or doing wrongly? On rare occasions in the past I have mounted
    images without any problems.

:)

Nosmas, Apr 21, 2018

2. Reset Win 10 Pro on Dell laptop.

Hello, garybear89. I use Seagate DiscWizard (Acronis) as a supplement to Windows System Image Backup. It is free at the Seagate site & will work, if you've got a Seagate or a Maxtor drive. It also can mount its image, & individual files can be copied off
    it. Everytime I make a Windows image, I make a DiscWizard image too - just in case!

PCR Just PCR, Apr 21, 2018
  3. How to permanently disable Windows 10 updates.

By getting to at least version 1703 so you can meter the ethernet connection.

Otherwise you need a wireless connection or to get the services application to work correctly to disable Windows update which some report successfully doing.

So in your case I would save a system image backup using free Macrium, then run the mounted 1703 ISO which I gave you download link for.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-re...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 21, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Download and try the V7 Free. I seem to recall a fix for some mounting problem and may be what you are getting. I used to use the paid versions of V5 and V6 but now using the V7 Free and no issues, so far.

I only do full backups of the complete hard drive (all partitions) rather than two backups as you do. It takes a little longer to do the disc image but if a restore is needed its easier to just do one restore rather than two or more.

fireberd, Apr 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem mounting Macrium backup image - Similar Threads - Problem mounting Macrium

2. Backup VMFS image with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup VMFS image with Macrium Reflect: Has anyone done this? The question could be strung out to backing up "any" unsupported file system. So the partition will appear as unpartioned space instead of unsupported file system which is what set of my alarm bells. I am thinking to back up using the full sector backup...
  3. macrium reflect image problem

macrium reflect image problem: Hello my problem is the following, I state that until a few days ago everything worked perfectly, and I have not made any changes to the PC, when I try to create the image of the system the program completely freezes without any error message, and to do it work again I have...
  4. Creating a fresh backup image weekly - Macrium Reflect

Creating a fresh backup image weekly - Macrium Reflect: Windows 10 Home v1909 Used MR to create a backup image a month or so ago. Today I tried to create a fresh image backup, think it would overwrite the existing image with new files etc or wipe the Caddy HD clean to create a new image. But it told me I had run out of space...
  5. Backup problems with Casper & Macrium...

Backup problems with Casper & Macrium...: I have recently added a second SSD to my Dell Optiplex 5050 which I want to use to backup my C drive. Previously I’ve used Casper on my old XP machine to clone the C drive and it has worked well but I have never run it on this Windows 10 machine until I installed the second...
  6. Backup problems with Casper & Macrium...

in Windows 10 Support
    Backup problems with Casper & Macrium...: I have recently added a second SSD to my Dell Optiplex 5050 which I want to use to backup my C drive. Previously I’ve used Casper on my old XP machine to clone the C drive and it has worked well but I have never run it on this Windows 10 machine until I installed the second...
  7. Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question

Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question: I run Macrium reflect free & create an image every week but have always assumed it created a new image (due to my choosing full backup every time) but had used a small 1TB HD for backup so didn't notice anything amiss. Recently I began using a 4TB HD & therefore thought it...
  8. Backup image on Macrium rescue pen drive

Backup image on Macrium rescue pen drive: Whether partitioning of pen drive is required to keep backup image on Macrium rescue pen drive? 27742
  9. Macrium backup

Macrium backup: I have made a backup of my hard drive from my old computer with macruim reflect. It is a backup of a few installed applications and software packages but more importantly it is a copy of windows 10 professional with digital entitlement. I plan to buy a new laptop and am...
  10. How do I mount a Macrium disk image?

How do I mount a Macrium disk image?: The images I have are in the form: XXXXXX.mrimg. How do I mount an image so I can read and use individual files and folders? Thank you. 60278