Windows 10: problem on a few menus - white text on white background

Discus and support problem on a few menus - white text on white background in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; G'day all. I have two instances of having white text on white backgrounds. I use start10 by Stardock, and on its menus, items currently highlighted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ziffel, May 7, 2018.

1. ziffel Win User

problem on a few menus - white text on white background

G'day all.

I have two instances of having white text on white backgrounds. I use start10 by Stardock, and on its menus, items currently highlighted are showing white text on a white background. Other (non-highlighted) items display correctly.

I also noticed this same thing when Cortana displays something like my shopping list. If i ask her to display my shopping list, she does, and i can see the checkboxes, but the actual text of the list is not visible.

I sense this has something to do with system level font/color settings, but I can't find where this is controlled in Win10.

:)

ziffel, May 7, 2018
Thema:

problem on a few menus - white text on white background

1. problem on a few menus - white text on white background - Similar Threads - problem few menus

2. File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area & menus in White Text on White

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area & menus in White Text on White: Suddenly after latest update my windows file explorer behaving weird. Please suggest me solutions. I tried below approach too.File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area is White Text on White - Microsoft Community...
  3. File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area & menus in White Text on White

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area & menus in White Text on White: Suddenly after latest update my windows file explorer behaving weird. Please suggest me solutions. I tried below approach too.File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area is White Text on White - Microsoft Community...
  4. mouse over texte unreadable - White on White

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse over texte unreadable - White on White: Hello,On Windows 11, I have an issue with mouseover Text. It's white and nearly unreadable.It's a fresh install of W11, the theme is personalized dark for windows, light for appsOn day 1 of the install, the text was black or grey don't remember, now it's white.See screen...
  5. Audio Problems-White noise in the background...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Problems-White noise in the background...: Every time I run an app that requires audio, I keep getting this constant white noise playing at the same time. I've done all the tests, updates, and system restore a couple of times and nothing works. Is there a ay for a tech to fix this online while I watch? Thank you....
  6. File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area is White Text on White Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area is White Text on White Background: Just recently updated Windows 10 to version 1903. Now my file explorer is black and white and the search bar near the top is white text on white background. I've used Dark Mode but I've never had this issue. How can I fix this?...
  7. black background and white text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    black background and white text: brand new HP laptop trying to print on a Brother printer that works from my PC. why is it printing a black background and white text from whatever application I print from?...
  8. Background white

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background white: Is it possible to change the white background colour in windows. I know this can be done with Window Blinds program but is there another method ? 143319
  9. Unreadable font ... White on White Background and Text

Unreadable font ... White on White Background and Text: Good Evening! I just updated to Windows 10 Version 1903. Everything works great and no problems, except for this. I have had dark mode enabled for a while now and love it. However, after the update, the save file dialogue box that pops up when I need to save something...
  10. Black and white menus/taskbar

Black and white menus/taskbar: When I log in to my user, my taskbar and start menus have turned black and white; almost like safe mode, but safe mode isn't on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/black-and-white-menustaskbar/480b659c-9dd0-43a1-8e64-57b61423b216