Windows 10: Problem opening Corel Paintshop Pro software

Discus and support Problem opening Corel Paintshop Pro software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a photo editing software that I use, Corel Paintshop Pro X5 that was not loading, it would stay stuck on the "Starting Up" screen. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fanghorn, Nov 12, 2016.

1. fanghorn Win User

Problem opening Corel Paintshop Pro software

I have a photo editing software that I use, Corel Paintshop Pro X5 that was not loading, it would stay stuck on the "Starting Up" screen. After contacting their support, they indicated that it was no longer supported by Windows 10 and that I should upgrade to X9. (Even though it had been working) So I upgraded and downloaded the new version and installed per instructions. The new version is also not loading, there is not even an opening window...so it's like it's not even there. Any ideas? Thank you.

:)

fanghorn, Nov 12, 2016

2. Unable to install Corel x8. ActiveX scripts are being blocked.

Installing Corel Paintshop Pro X8 Ultimate is the problem.

Proteau2112, Nov 12, 2016
  3. After update of 12/12/17 Corel Paintshop Pro will not open, can't access files on thumdrives that worked previously.

Winver is 1709 (OS Build 16299.125)

I captured a screenshot, but I can't transmit on this medium because of the 60k text limit.

The exact wording when i try to open Corel Paintshop Pro 64 bit is: "Corel Paintshop Pro.exe - Bad Image

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCOMP110.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status
    0xc000012f."

I did reload Corel Paintshop Pro, but it still will not work.

If I try to load the 32 bit version of Paintshop I get the same error code and text, but the dll called out is MSVCP110.DLL.

Interesting to note that after I ran your most recent update to Visual C++, the thumbdrive that was giving me the same error pop-up started working. Corel is still dead, however.

PeterOlson1, Nov 12, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

You may have to fully remove the previous version before installing the newer version, try running Revo uninstaller to remove & clean out the leftovers, once finished then restart pc.
    Then try installing the X9 version. If still not working then there's a problem with Corel's software atm as I tried WinDVD 12 pro & that too didn't work.

Bastet, Nov 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Problem opening Corel Paintshop Pro software - Similar Threads - Problem opening Corel

2. Corel paintshop error ipp.dll not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corel paintshop error ipp.dll not found: Corel paintshop...error ipp.dll not foundTrying to install on my new computer. Cleaning temp files, renaming, and reinstall did not work..what can I do?..it is not showing in my add or remove programs either...
  3. Corel paintshop error ipp.dll not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corel paintshop error ipp.dll not found: Corel paintshop...error ipp.dll not foundTrying to install on my new computer. Cleaning temp files, renaming, and reinstall did not work..what can I do?..it is not showing in my add or remove programs either...
  4. Corel paintshop...error ipp.dll not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corel paintshop...error ipp.dll not found: Trying to install on my new computer. Cleaning temp files, renaming, and reinstall did not work..what can I do?..it is not showing in my add or remove programs either...
  5. Corel paintshop...error ipp.dll not found

Corel paintshop...error ipp.dll not found: Trying to install on my new computer. Cleaning temp files, renaming, and reinstall did not work..what can I do?..it is not showing in my add or remove programs either...
  6. Corel Paintshop Pro X4 side-by-side configuration error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corel Paintshop Pro X4 side-by-side configuration error: Hi, I am getting the following error when trying to load Corel Paintshop Pro.exe:- [Window Title] C:\Program Files x86\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro X4\Corel PaintShop Pro.exe [Content] C:\Program Files x86\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro X4\Corel PaintShop Pro.exe The...
  7. Text size in Corel PaintShop Pro 2018 and MS Publisher 2007

Text size in Corel PaintShop Pro 2018 and MS Publisher 2007: This is my first time here and I need help with is a major problem for me. I recently bought a Microsoft Surface Studio computer and installed the latest version of Windows 10 (1909) on it. I do graphics work so I installed the programs that I use for my business. Corel...
  8. Corel PaintShop Pro X6

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corel PaintShop Pro X6: Corel PaintShop Pro X6 came free with my computer so I don't have a installation disk or a link from a email. You just entered the codes and it installed as far as I can remember. Up until yesterday it worked find and was perfect for my needs. This morning a screen popped...
  9. Corel Paintshop Photo 13 - wont start - W10 Upgrade

Corel Paintshop Photo 13 - wont start - W10 Upgrade: I just upgraded a Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. All went well but there are a few glitches as to be expected. One is that her copy of Corel Paintshop Photo Pro13 will not start. Clicking on the desktop shortcut or going directly to the program...
  10. Corel PaintShop Pro mouse scrolling preferences

Corel PaintShop Pro mouse scrolling preferences: Hi, I have a question about Corel PaintShop Pro. Seems to happen in any version of it. In Windows 7, that I've been using prior to 10, in PaintShop, when you would click on any drop menu or resize bar, you could use mouse scroll wheel to change among the layers styles, change...