Windows 10: Problem pinning apps to the start menu

Discus and support Problem pinning apps to the start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I posted this on the MS support forum . Can't pin programs to the Start Menu in Windows 10, unless they are present in the "All apps" menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddwarf4ever, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Problem pinning apps to the start menu

I posted this on the MS support forum
    Received this reply..

wonderded if it was a known solution or not.....
    Try this.

Go to : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer

change LockedStartLayout from 1 to 0...

then restart your machine...

It Works.

:)

reddwarf4ever, Aug 1, 2016
  2. wvlucas Win User

PowerISO cannot be pinned to Windows 10 Start Menu

After upgrading to build 10586, the problem of pinning to the Start menu has been resolved. As a matter of fact, the problem wasn't really a problem. It was by design that once you reach a certain count of pins in the Start menu, no more pins can be added.
    Since the upgrade, that count has been increased 4 times fold.

I now consider this a closed and resolved issue that no longer needs addressing.

wvlucas, Aug 1, 2016
  3. wvlucas Win User
    PowerISO cannot be pinned to Windows 10 Start Menu

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with pinning the PowerISO icon to the Windows 10 Start Menu. So far, this is the only app that I have had a problem pinning the icon to the start menu. All other apps that I wanted to pin to the start menu was done with success,
    but not the PowerISO app. Here are the following steps taken to pin the icon to the start menu

After installation, system reboot (actually, not necessary but did it anyway),

1) From the desktop icon, right button click select "Pin to Start"

Results: Failed to pin to start menu

2) Click Windows start icon, clicked all Apps, locate app and then select "pin to start"

Results: Failed to pin to start menu

3) Open Windows Explorer, navigate to \ProgramFiles\PowerISO,
    highlight "PowerISO.exe", then right button click, then
    select "Pin to Start"

Results: failed to pin to start menu

Investigation note:

Question: Was the icon able to pin to the taskbar

Answer: Yes, no problem pinning the app icon to the taskbar

Head scratcher:

I cannot reason why the PowerISO icon will not/cannot pin to the start menu. This is the 64bit version and it is the latest GA.

Anyone else have this issue?

Did you solve the mystery? If so, is there a registry hack to force the app icon to pin to the start menu? Or is it something that I am doing wrong that I have over looked?

Thanks guys for any help out there.

wvlucas, Aug 1, 2016
  4. Problem pinning apps to the start menu

Had hoped there was a sticky or something with advanced tips/tricks where it could be listed

5. Not sure if this will help.

To add an item to the Start list, simply drag it into the Start list area. You can do this from within the Start menu of course, but you can also drag an item from the desktop or a File Explorer window: Just drag it onto the Start button first, and after the Start menu has opened you can drag it from there into the Start list.

What can you add to the Start list? Virtually anything. Documents and other files. Any folder. Desktop application, Modern app, or web app shortcuts.

You can also reorder the items in the Start list using drag-and-drop.

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 1, 2016
  6. yes it's very powerful...my issue was it stopped working, had to create a new profile and start again....

7. You didn't mention this in your original post here; Or provide a link to your MS support thread.

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 1, 2016
  8. Problem pinning apps to the start menu

9. AmericanPharaoh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem pinning apps to the start menu

1. Problem pinning apps to the start menu - Similar Threads - Problem pinning apps

2. Xbox no longer on start menu>pinned apps ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox no longer on start menu>pinned apps ?: I install windows 11 and i can't see xbox on start menu. It was always pinned before. Did they changed that? or is it bug https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-no-longer-on-start-menupinned-apps/35dea4d8-4cb7-439a-8f21-b62fba3785a5
  3. windows11 start menu pinned apps abnormal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows11 start menu pinned apps abnormal: I install a new win11 OS, but the start menu show abnormal ,some apps move to de second page, and i click the blank icon it will launch tips app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows11-start-menu-pinned-apps-abnormal/598cea0f-1861-471f-8b36-88628ceea057
  4. windows11 start menu pinned apps abnormal

windows11 start menu pinned apps abnormal: I install a new win11 OS, but the start menu show abnormal ,some apps move to de second page, and i click the blank icon it will launch tips app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows11-start-menu-pinned-apps-abnormal/598cea0f-1861-471f-8b36-88628ceea057
  5. Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed: In my search window, the only files that show up when I right-click one of the APP icons are OneDrive files. In earlier versions of WIN10 I could also see the local files I had opened with those apps. How do I restore that? Thanks!...
  6. Start menu pin icon problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu pin icon problem: Hello dear , after i'm install new version of windows 10 , my start menu icon not showing correctly . when i unpin this icon of below picture , after restart it's come back , when i need pin the app like the twitter , not pin and not showing the app . when click this app...
  7. How to pin app in start menu ??

How to pin app in start menu ??: How to pin app in start menu ? ? I mean I dont want to pin app in start. I want to pin app in start menu like windows 7. Is it possible ? ? I search in setting but i cant fnd any option. Is thr any 3rd party software to do this ? ? 82320
  8. Can't pin apps to start-menu.

Can't pin apps to start-menu.: Is this really a limitation for win10? Obviously apps can be pinned as tiles, but it's impossible to pin them to the left area? *Huh It seems that only a select list of folders can be pinned there, but not apps, or any personal folders. You're stuck with some automated...
  9. Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start": Hi guys I work on win 10 pin to start & unpin to start was working normally and a few days ago i found that it's not exist anymore and when i perform a right click on a free space in start menu there's nothing happens [img] [img] [img] [img] 49409
  10. Problem with pinning items to start menu in win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with pinning items to start menu in win10: Hey guys. Lately Windows has started behaving really odd in the way it deals with pinning. It was fine when I first set up win10 but now it doesn't work properly. I want to see if I can resolve this as I really don't feel like wiping and installing everything again....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable app pinning start menu windows10

2. pinning issue with programs in start menu