Windows 10: Problem Printing PDF in Chrome

Discus and support Problem Printing PDF in Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 7: to print in Chrome, I would preview the PDF, Ctrl P and then hit enter. The pdf loaded in a new tab on top with the print button selected,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by vernvan, Aug 5, 2015.

1. vernvan Win User

Problem Printing PDF in Chrome

Windows 7: to print in Chrome, I would preview the PDF, Ctrl P and then hit enter. The pdf loaded in a new tab on top with the print button selected, so all I had to do was hit enter and it would print.

Windows 10: to print in Chrome, I preview the PDF, Ctrl P, the new tab opens in the background, I select the new tab and click on the print button.

Printing a PDF in Windows 10 in Chrome adds 2 operations. What a pain. Any ideas?

:)

vernvan, Aug 5, 2015
  2. JammerPro Win User

Unable to print a Microsoft Edge webpage to PDF using adobe acrobat

Use Chrome... The response from Microsoft and Adobe to this severe printing problem is disturbing to say the least.

Simply put, Microsoft Edge will not allow print to PDF with Adobe Acrobat. This means that you cannot save a web page to PDF with Adobe Acrobat or Reader printers from Edge.

If you use Microsoft print to PDF, you cannot select the folder to place the PDF. Microsoft selects the root of your Document folder.

Adobe print to PDF in Chrome works... but then again, Chrome has it's own print to PDF which let's the user select the folder to place the result.

I wish Microsoft was more responsive to the needs of us users. Shame on you Microsoft...

JammerPro, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF for Windows 10 File Attribute problem

I also have this problem with files created by Microsoft Print To PDF - the files are not found when I do a Briefcase update. Yes, the files do have the AT attribute.

I don't have this problem with Chrome's Print-Save As PDF.

Please- you really need to fix the Microsoft Print To PDF feature.

Serafin Jr, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Problem Printing PDF in Chrome

1. Problem Printing PDF in Chrome - Similar Threads - Problem Printing PDF

2. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...: When I print a page with "Print to PDF", it will create a file PDF and I can edit text with "Foxit PhantomPDF". But when I print with "Microsoft Print to PDF", The newly created file can't edit the text. Can anyone explain?...
  3. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...: When I print a page with "Print to PDF", it will create a file PDF and I can edit text with "Foxit PhantomPDF". But when I print with "Microsoft Print to PDF", The newly created file can't edit the text. Can anyone explain?...
  4. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem: I need to save some webpages to pdf. I tried a Firefox extension Save as PDF, but that adds the company name to every page (fair enough - it's freeware). So I tried Microsoft Edge print to pdf function. Works OK, but for some reason, Edge adds a watermark of sorts 'Skip...
  6. Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print to PDF: Hi, I frequently use MS print to PDF I often want to combine several pages into one PDF from separate sources. Whilst I can combine PDFs this is cumbersome. Can MS print to PDF have an extra print option to include a feature to append to an existing PDF please TY...
  7. Google Chrome Printing Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Printing Problem: I use Google chrome as my browser and Outlook.com (Hotmail) as my main e mail provider. Recently I have been unable to print from an e mail. The print routine opens up but instead of allowing me to go to the printer it allows me only to save the document as a pdf file. This...
  8. PDF PRINTING

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF PRINTING: HI; Was trying to print a PDF doc, when I use the 'more' button on the upper right to select 'print' my PRINT to PDF is not there anymore. I went over my HP ENVY 5660 printer and downloaded the necessary 'stuff', but in reality the PRINT to PDF menu is gone from my HP W10...
  9. Microsoft Print To PDF problem

Microsoft Print To PDF problem: This problem showed up on its own, not just after installing anything nor any updates. And the problem is with the Microsoft Print to PDF AND the Microsoft Print to XPS. I can print to a network printer OK. I cannot print to the "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer from any...
  10. Problem printing to PDF and saving PDF documents

Problem printing to PDF and saving PDF documents: I am experiencing problems with Win 10 TP to save any office document to a PDF format and also to print them to PDF document using virtual printers like Nitro PDF and PDF Creator. Any solutions to this issue? 3523