Windows 10: Problem resizing the download window

Discus and support Problem resizing the download window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; You know hot when you download a file a new window opens allowing you to navigate to the folder you want to download to? I usually keep that window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Helena10, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Helena10 Win User

Problem resizing the download window

You know hot when you download a file a new window opens allowing you to navigate to the folder you want to download to? I usually keep that window rather small. but last night in the middle of navigating the window suddenly expanded so that it nearly filled the screen (except for maybe a quarter of an inch on all 4 sides). I went ahead with the download and the widow vanished as usual when the download started. However, the next time I downloaded the window was just a large and I could not drag in the sides to make it smaller. There is also a little triangle of dots in the lower right hand corner of the window which you grab to shrink the window keeping the same relative proportions of the sides. When I tired to click on that the pointer still couldn't push it in to make the window smaller and the dots vanished. The problem has persisted after the computer was shut down overnight and also after a restart this morning.

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 on a PC desktop. The problem occurs only in Chrome; in Vivaldi the download window is normal and can resized as usual.

:)

Helena10, Sep 7, 2017
  2. Dunx-HG Win User

ActiveSync Window Resizing Problem

Glad you sorted it - it was a bit of a function of the width of the message window - a tip with these kinds of things is to copy the string / formula etc and paste it into notepad - this will give you a clearer indication of the value.

Dunx-HG, Sep 7, 2017
  3. mdfav Win User
    ActiveSync Window Resizing Problem

I was just able to do this.

It is not a folder you are looking for. When you are in the folder labeled "Windows CE Services", then look in the right pane for a registry key called "WCESMGR Windowplacement". Then you can cut and paste the values listed above.

You shouldn't go into either the Logging or Partners subfolders.

Hope this helps.

mdfav, Sep 7, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

As a diagnostic have you checked Internet Explorer for the same issue? Start, W section, Windows Accessories. If it seems normal there as it does in Vivaldi then the issue is with Chrome.

Berton, Sep 7, 2017
  5. Helena10 Win User
    Thanks for considering my problem.

I haven't opened explorer in years, but I did just now and its fine, so you're right it must be a Chrome problem.

Helena10, Sep 7, 2017
  6. tcebob Win User
    You don't, by any chance, use Actual Window Manager? I had a similar problem with Opera (also a chromium based browser) where any window opened within Opera showed very large. After a lot of fretting I opened the AWS specific settings, where I set Opera to open to a given size. And realized that all windows within Opera were the same ID as Opera's main window, so they all follow the same rule. I killed that requirement and now adjust the main Opera window by hand.

tcebob, Sep 8, 2017
  7. Helena10 Win User
    No I don't . I didn't change any settings or anything like that. It just suddenly happened. I was somewhat distracted at the time (children in the room) and I may have pressed the wrong button in the download window itself, but I ca't see any relevant controls there.

Helena10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem resizing the download window - Similar Threads - Problem resizing download

2. windows resizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows resizing: Hey so i want to set it up so a app will ALWAYS open in the same spot. I have found a solution in this forum linked here that doesn't work for me bc i may not close that app window last. Is there something in windows 10 that can fix this or is the only way to do this third...
  3. windows resizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows resizing: Hey so i want to set it up so a app will ALWAYS open in the same spot. I have found a solution in this forum linked here that doesn't work for me bc i may not close that app window last. Is there something in windows 10 that can fix this or is the only way to do this third...
  4. Multiple photo resize problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple photo resize problem: I'm wanting to resize all my photos. I send the file to e-mail recipient and resize, I use the %temp% method, the temp file will open, show the pics and then pics disappear before I have an opportunity to copy and paste in a new folder. I'm lost, any suggestions??...
  5. Resized Window Resizing By Itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resized Window Resizing By Itself: Hi, Every few days or so, desktop windows (e.g., windows explorer) that i have resized revert back to the default size by themselves. The window also changes position from where i had it, putting itself in the top left corner. Whem this problem occurs i also notice changes...
  6. Window resizing problem using dual monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window resizing problem using dual monitors: I have an HP Spectre laptop running Windows 10. I have a second monitor, an older 23 inch model (HP w2338h) and I run the monitors in extended mode. Originally they worked together smoothly and flawlessly, but then I had to do a Windows reset (for unrelated reasons) and a...
  7. Resizing problem

Resizing problem: Every time I move my window there a red or orange box on the screen which keeps on changing the window size when everi move it. so does anyone knows what is wrong[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resizing-problem/9b8ea476-8b55-4c31-bef6-84a30d4e77a1
  8. Resize window

Resize window: How do I resize 2 windows to share the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/resize-window/64c74376-768d-4e0e-968b-fb4394168de2
  9. Save Dialog Resize Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save Dialog Resize Problem: So, recently while using Photoshop CS6 I ran into a problem with the save dialog window. When it opens, it is almost maximized and cannot be resized. I have tried everything. Double clicking the title bar, right click upper left corner (restore is greyed out), dragging from...
  10. Resizing Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Resizing Windows: I had no problems with the 10 upgrade but I cannot find a way to control the size of app windows. They're either minimized or maximized with nothing in between. Solution: I had, somehow, set up Tablet mode (in Settings, System, Tablet Mode). Once I found that control and...