Windows 10: Problem saving web sites to favorites

Discus and support Problem saving web sites to favorites in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I try to save a web site to my favorites listing, I should get a box saying "create in" when I click on the star but all I get is the file or web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tedwoodie, Mar 24, 2017.

1. tedwoodie Win User

Problem saving web sites to favorites

When I try to save a web site to my favorites listing, I should get a box saying "create in" when I click on the star but all I get is the file or web site name but no option of putting it into an existing folder. I am trying this in Windows 10 using MS Edge. Why don't I have the "create in" option?

:)

tedwoodie, Mar 24, 2017

2. Hmm, we can't reach this page

I just encountered that and you will have to manually search for the web sites and "save" the web favorites again. I had to redo the bulk of mine with the Edge web browser and was a total pain in the tail section. There was nothing wrong with the link
    except for the name.

Do not use the "update" option for web favorites. It doesn't work. You have to delete your old link and save the new one by physically going to the web site and saving it.

James Vinyard, Mar 24, 2017
  3. Will I lose my favorite web sites I have saved on the Favorites Bar when I upgrade to Windowss 10?

Will I lose my favorite web sites I have saved on the Favorites Bar when I upgrade to Windowss 10?

Guyster767, Mar 24, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I'm not into using Edge yet except for some specific sites but in my other Browsers I either right-click in the page and choose Save Page As or click File, Save. The pages are saved on the HDD in the Default Downloads Folder. And if important will also Bookmark them.

Berton, Mar 24, 2017
  5. tedwoodie Win User
    I just found my problem. When the file name came up. I did not notice the new star in the upper left corner of the box. When I clicked on it I was given an option of "save in". Thanks for your response.

tedwoodie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem saving web sites to favorites - Similar Threads - Problem saving web

2. web sites are not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web sites are not loading: Web sites are not loading on my laptop. The circle in the tab just swirls.I use Chrome but have the same problem on Edge.I cleared cache, cookies, etc. I have restarted the computer. Connection is fine.I ran MS Diagnostics. It came up with nothing. I i finished updating some...
  3. closing web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    closing web site: DELL OPTIPLEX Why does it take 3 min of constant clicking 3 min or more to finally close it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-web-site/2be7e596-49d2-4640-8c5f-e73f3bef8eee
  4. Web Sites Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web Sites Not Found: Windows 10 Pro 16GB Memory, 500Gb SSD, 3 years old desktop This computer was working great Friday till the afternoon. MS Edge, Google Chrome cannot display web pages. It is connected to the network can print to network printer and access another computer. It...
  5. web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web site: i went to a website and there address does not exist how do they keep operateing Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site/dccdf822-e964-4953-9e97-24c91beab5cd
  6. login problems to a web site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    login problems to a web site: I have a consistent problem logging into a web site & keep getting an error message with IDX10311 Is it a problem with my laptop or the remote server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-problems-to-a-web-site/c933a960-ec17-46ca-a43b-24273231fd66
  7. Computer nolonger recdonizes me at my favorite web sites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer nolonger recdonizes me at my favorite web sites: After Norton repaired a pop problem on my desktop the computer, it no longer recognizes me at my favorite web sites and I have to sign in every time also no longer can do a screen shot. How do I fix ?...
  8. Edge has some problems with imported favorites web sites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge has some problems with imported favorites web sites: 1st. I noticed that Edge does not show Website`s icons when they`ve got imported from other browsers. and there is a star icon for every imported web site instead of their icons. 2nd. some components on some web sites are not displayed for example, "windows 10 forum" post...
  9. Can't save web site preferences in Pale Moon & in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Can't save web site preferences in Pale Moon & in Firefox: Never have I had a problem with Windows 7 but now I've got a new computer and Windows 10. I'm using Firefox ESR 45.6.0 and Pale Moon Version: 27.0.3 (x64). I connect all the time to NZBIndex - We index, you search. The first connection to the site leaves many settings to be...
  10. Problem with closing a web tab/site

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with closing a web tab/site: I have an issue i can easily fix when using windows 7 IE but this edge is another issue but anyways here it goes. With windows 7 when i have an issue with a web page that a pop up locks me into that screen and I cannot close that web window I can easily open task manager...