Windows 10: Problem since May 8 Update

Discus and support Problem since May 8 Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My wife has an older Toshiba laptop with 64 AMD processor. It has a Crucial SSD BX200. We had no end of problem back in January with the KB4056892... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by agent99, May 13, 2018.

1. agent99 Win User

Problem since May 8 Update

My wife has an older Toshiba laptop with 64 AMD processor. It has a Crucial SSD BX200. We had no end of problem back in January with the KB4056892 update. At that time, I did a clean install of Win 10 Home that eliminated the troublesome update. Since then it has worked fine.

Now, we have another problem and it seems it just started after the May 8 update. Last update was KB4103727 Build 16299.431

What happens, is that on startup or restart the computer hangs on the first Windows logo. No rotating dots below. (this is what happened last January!) On another occasion while working on a spreadsheet, the screen suddenly went blank. The fan could still be heard running. Only way to get out of this, was to remove the battery. Prior to that we tried other suggestions found on-line but none of them worked.

The startup problem is intermittent. But still keeps occurring. Most recently first thing this morning.

Have others experienced similar issues? Is there any fix?

:)

agent99, May 13, 2018
  2. trailseek Win User

Windows 10 MAY 8 update

Windows 10 MAY 8 update

has affected my ability to type a word and requires multiple Clicks and type a single word.

How can this be fixed.

(took 4 minutes to type this problem)

trailseek, May 16, 2018
  3. Windows Update hasn't updated since May

Thanks Ariel,

In the update history it says "No updates have been installed yet."

There hasn't been an update since the 20th of May.

JaredVictor, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Problem since May 8 Update

1. Problem since May 8 Update - Similar Threads - Problem since May

2. Win10 in an update/unable to update loop since May

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 in an update/unable to update loop since May: Hello all, I have Win10, upgraded from Win7 during Microsoft's promotion years ago. I only use it a few times a year. Back in May 2020, it tried to update. It went through the 30% of upgrade installed, rebooted, then spent a while on the rest of the update. Once it was...
  3. May Update problems

in Windows 10 Support
    May Update problems: Hi, I have already posted several times under another name but unfortunately, I have been unable to log in or notify anyone. Using regular login and password, but keep getting timed out saying wrong details. Maybe something to do with my original problem which I cannot find...
  4. BSODs since May

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs since May: I started getting random BSODs on my PC CPU: i9-9900K with be quiet! DARK ROCK 4 cooler; GPU: MSI 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio; Motherboard: MSI Z390 Pro Carbon; RAM: 2 sticks 32 GB total of HyperX Fury Black 2400; Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1000 T2. I have been getting various...
  5. Speed of PC slowed since MAY updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speed of PC slowed since MAY updates: my pc seems to be SLOWER deleting folders from my DESKTOP takes between 5 and 20 seconds to appear in recycle bin same for deleting from recycle bin Am using intel i7 9700k with 32gb ram 500gb SSD NO earthly reason why it should be slowing down...
  6. Problem with may update, BSOD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with may update, BSOD: HI I try to update from 1809 to 1903 by https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/...date-assistant the program download the update but when arrive around 85% cause a BSOD this BSOD don't create any minidump in the BSOD one time there is write kernel mode heap corruption and a...
  7. no Updates for since May 4 2019

no Updates for since May 4 2019: Hello, I've been noticing there is no updates every day since May 4, 2019. I check it every day, maybe not on weekends. Now I'm getting worried why is this happening, can you help me with this situation. I do not see anything wrong except for this. this is a new desktop...
  8. Outlook problems since WIndows 10 update october 8

Outlook problems since WIndows 10 update october 8: Outlook problems since WIndows 10 update october 8, 2018 I am using outlook for 4 e-mail accounts. Since the windows update of last friday I am having troubles with 1 of the 4 accounts. Icloud, a local pop account and a company email still works. Sending e-mail with the...
  9. Login issues since the May 2018 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login issues since the May 2018 update: Since this update - my tablet, which thankfully I do not use often (as it is next to not possible now) login is extremely slow (click on screen to start login and have to wait minutes before I can enter any "auth" info, and I can no longer use the PIN method. Further,...
  10. No updates since 9/8

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No updates since 9/8: Hi all... I'm perplexed. My Win 10 system shows the last update that was applied to it was on 9/8. It is now 9/21 and I find it had to believe that MS has not released any updates since 9/8. If I "check for updates" I am told that my system is up to date. Does anyone know...