Windows 10: Problem (+solution) with Edge dismissing screens by mouse scrolling

Discus and support Problem (+solution) with Edge dismissing screens by mouse scrolling in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have reported this issue on feedback hub. When I use Edge and scroll up and down, it often dismisses current screen effectively swipes left or... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cereberus, Apr 25, 2018.

1. cereberus Win User

Problem (+solution) with Edge dismissing screens by mouse scrolling

I have reported this issue on feedback hub.

When I use Edge and scroll up and down, it often dismisses current screen effectively swipes left or right rather than scrolling up or down. This makes Edge more or less unusable on my PC which is a shame as I prefer it in general over Chrome etc.

I found the solution in this article after some dogged searching.
    Mouse Wheel does a forward/back through browser history - Microsoft Edge Development
    Go to Settings, Devices, Mouse, and turn this switch on

*Arrow Turn On or Off Scroll Inactive Windows in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Problem (+solution) with Edge dismissing screens by mouse scrolling [​IMG]

So far, the issue has gone away (hopefully for good), and I can use Edge as my main browser.

:)

cereberus, Apr 25, 2018
  2. MarcWeise Win User

Scrolling Issue with scrolling by lines in File Explorer and iTunes

No solution for this problem, anyone? its really annoying...

MarcWeise, Apr 25, 2018
  3. No scroll in Edge

When Win10 first came out last summer, I tried and failed to find an answer to this
    Edge glitch. The only solution I ever found was to simply never use Edge. That works fine, but no Edge. I'd like to try again, maybe someone has found a solution.

Edge won't scroll (except by using the browser scroll bar). There is nothing wrong with my mouse or mouse drivers. There is no scroll problem with any other program. Except for edge, all other win10 apps work fine. Mouse wheel and mouse page drag in
    Edge have never worked. Keyboard scroll arrows and pageup/pagedown don't work. I have 5 other PCs that were upgraded to Win10 (From 8.1) on the same day and Edge works with them fine. I'd love to simply replace Edge with a new install, but from what I understand,
    I'd have to reinstall Win10, which would be like cutting off my nose to spite my face. I've tried every suggestion I've seen on discussion boards, but none worked. Are there any special Edge drivers that might be defective? Any way to scan my files to look
    for a defect in Edge?

jonmikesell, Apr 25, 2018
Thema:

Problem (+solution) with Edge dismissing screens by mouse scrolling

1. Problem (+solution) with Edge dismissing screens by mouse scrolling - Similar Threads - Problem +solution Edge

2. Mouse Scroll Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Scroll Problem: The Mouse I'm Using Is Impossible To Scroll With Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scroll-problem/1766c419-950d-4d16-9512-c351613f0b56
  3. Mouse Scroll Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scroll Problem: The Mouse I'm Using Is Impossible To Scroll With Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scroll-problem/1766c419-950d-4d16-9512-c351613f0b56
  4. Mouse Scroll Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse scroll wheel problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scroll wheel problem: I am unable to click with my scroll wheel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scroll-wheel-problem/9aeae557-165c-45d9-bbbf-d9e4d678db67
  6. Mouse scroll wheel problem

Mouse scroll wheel problem: I am unable to click with my scroll wheel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scroll-wheel-problem/9aeae557-165c-45d9-bbbf-d9e4d678db67
  7. Problem with Mouse scrolling

Problem with Mouse scrolling: Hello, I'm sure by my question you can see I don't understand much about these things: I'm using a Logitech 510 mouse on a Windows 10 HP computer and I can't control the speed of the wheel? This is just something that started recently. I've gone online and checked to see what...
  8. Mouse scroll problem

Mouse scroll problem: My mouse scroll doesnt work in active windows. However, when i click once on the desktop and try the "scroll inactive windows" feature it scrolls only when clicking desktop. I need help as it is very inconvenient being unable to scroll in an avtice window...
  9. Random Scrolling Problem in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Random Scrolling Problem in Edge: This is an old problem and I haven't seen any recent posts about it. I get scrolling problems randomly in some sites. I suspect compatibility problems between Edge and the sites but I don't see any "compatibility" options like there are in Internet Explorer. The problem,...
  10. mouse scroll wheel problem

mouse scroll wheel problem: hey,today i got mouse scroll problem,it works but when i scroll it wont scroll but it shows on left some 0-100 when i scroll please help ty scrolling down makes sound lower/higher 108301