Windows 10: Problem starting games since the 1803 update

Discus and support Problem starting games since the 1803 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since the 1803 update I've been getting intermittent failures to start Steam and Origin Games. I get the error message:_ "DirectX failed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bob Henson, May 6, 2018.

1. Problem starting games since the 1803 update

Since the 1803 update I've been getting intermittent failures to start Steam and Origin Games. I get the error message:_

"DirectX failed to initialise. This game requires at least a DirectX11-level graphics card, and a version of Windows which supports DirectX11 (WindowsXP is not supported). Error code: -2147024882."

and the game will not start. With the slightly older Origin game I get the same message except it it for DirectX10.

Resetting the computer solves the problem temporarily and the game/s will then start as normal. Nothing has changed on the system other than the 1803 update. I am running a Mesh computer with AMD Ryzen 7, 16Gb memory and use a Geforce GTX980 Ti video card which is more than capable of handling such games.

In case the problem continues to occur, has anyone any ideas as to how 1803 is causing this problem, and if I can do anything about it?

Regards,Bob

:)

Bob Henson, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Problem starting games since the 1803 update

1. Problem starting games since the 1803 update - Similar Threads - Problem starting games

2. Massive problems with games ever since recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive problems with games ever since recent updates: Ever since an update or two before the 2004 version of Windows, I've been experiencing problems opening certain games. They would open to a blank window or their loading screen, then close. Then, after opening those specific games and having them crash, any time afterward...
  3. Win update 1803 problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win update 1803 problems: Every time there's a major update it breaks my computer and I have to revert to the stable version. Currently using 1709, build 16299.1087 on a Lenovo all-in-one Previous major updates resulted in ghost circles scrolling down the center of the screen and the mouse pointer...
  4. Game load time performance problems after 1803 update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game load time performance problems after 1803 update?: Hi, I noticed last December or so that my computer suddenly slowed down a bit. I think it may have been after the Windows 10 1803 update. Loading times for some apps and all of my games are noticeably slower. The frame rates are fine so I know it's not a graphics card...
  5. No major upgrades since 1803??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No major upgrades since 1803??: I came here to trying figuring out why my computer hadn't upgraded to 1809 yet (waiting since October), only to see there's a 1903! *Eek*Eek What could be causing me to not get these upgrades? I always allow upgrades, and receive the regular security updates. Can anyone give...
  6. Problems with windows update 1803

Problems with windows update 1803: Hi everyone, I'm currently having problems with one of my budgeting software. Two weeks ago it was working fine however just two days ago it started giving me problems. All problems give me the same error message "Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset"....
  7. problems accessing some websites since Cumulative update 1803 on 11th Oct.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problems accessing some websites since Cumulative update 1803 on 11th Oct.: Yesterday my PC installed the 2018-10 Cumulative Update 1803 and since then I cannot access with Facebook or Instagram on either Google Chrome or Firefox BUT it will work on Edge and IE, albeit sluggishly. Other sites seem to be OK although some flash up the same error...
  8. 1803 Update Problems

1803 Update Problems: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help please as 1803 update will not install on my laptop. There have been no end of attempts to do this each taking an age and the end result is always the same "Restoring previous version of Windows". I have tried to turn off Widows Updates using...
  9. Windows 1803 update problems

Windows 1803 update problems: Hello, I've had problems with the April update 1803 on my desktop computer since it first started rolling out. At first it would go through the installation process, stopping at a black screen mid-installation, at which point I would restart the computer then it would...
  10. Problems with update build 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with update build 1803: Hi all, I have severe problems with this new 1803 build update.. I updated it via regular Windows update and i get nothing but trouble with it so far. First the UAC ( user account control) didn't work properly which works later, now Windows defender keeps telling me that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gta san andreas not running after update to 1803 version

2. directx failed to initialise this game requires at least a directx11-level graphics card and version of windows which supports directx11