Windows 10: Problem trying to mount image file (iso) from an audio CD.

Discus and support Problem trying to mount image file (iso) from an audio CD. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; The thing is that since a few days ago, I can't mount any iso file which was made from a music CD. I can mount any other iso files (video DVDs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Ghost82, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Ghost82 Win User

Problem trying to mount image file (iso) from an audio CD.

The thing is that since a few days ago, I can't mount any iso file which was made from a music CD. I can mount any other iso files (video DVDs, software), but music cds. This is what happens:

Problem trying to mount image file (iso) from an audio CD. [​IMG]

That's the message I'm getting, but the image is ok as long as I tested it on a non Windows 10 computer. It doesn't work either using any virtual drive software. Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Ghost82, Jan 5, 2016

2. How can I create a mountable Audio CD image?

I have been loosing my music files, and compressing then saving them to online storage is not an option, I have too much. My idea is to create an Audio CD image that I can mount without any third-party software in Windows 10, then to compress it and make
    a torrent from it to save in OneDrive just in case I loose the audio again. The question is, how do I create the image and still be able to mount it? ISO images are not an option, and they're the only type of image I found that can mount just like the normal
    CD, but it cannot mount as an Audio CD. Is there something I can do in CMD? I tried using everything online (BIN/CUE image creators, ISO image creators, and more) and still found nothing. Can anyone help me with creating a mountable Audio CD image?

XD Nightmare GAMING, Jan 5, 2016
  3. mounting CD/DVDs in windows 10 not acting ike normal CD/DVD drive

Problem is not resolved.

I'm using Windows Explorer to mount ISO files. (Right click ISO, and choose MOUNT in File Explorer)

The file mounts as a drive letter in File Explorer, but does not auto-play (autorun.inf is COMPLETELY ignored on the image)

If I right-click the newly mounted drive letter, options for auto-play/autorun are missing (e.g. I do not get the option to run or install from media)

if I open the mounted drive, I can see, and copy all of the files. I can even run those that can be properly run from anywhere.

executables that require the CD to properly run (autorun.exe for example) either do not run, or error out.

I've tested the ISOs on other systems that use different apps to mount ISO files (an example is virtual CD) and the mounted ISO files worked without any issue, using the exact same ISO files. I can also insert the actual CD associated with said games/apps,
    and they work normally as well.

This appears to be a problem specific to Windows Explorer, and ISO files.

If you would like to continue helping me troubleshoot this, you have a limited window. I'm working on backing everything up that I can, and will be wiping the entire PC to perform a complete, fresh reinstall of Windows 10. This will probably be completed
    by the end of the week.

jasoncollege246, Jan 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, have you tried opening it with - for example- 7-zip (free) to see if you can view the content?

dalchina, Jan 5, 2016
  5. Ghost82 Win User
    Hello. Yes, I just tried. Also, using WinRAR. Nothing works :/

Ghost82, Jan 5, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    If you put, for example, an iso on a USB flash drive, and try accessing exactly the same file on your two PCs, does the same thing happen? I.e. exactly the same file.

Also get an md5 hash (or similar) for the file on both systems and compare the result. This will tell you if they are reading the file differently.

dalchina, Jan 5, 2016
  7. Ghost82 Win User
    Yes, the same exact file provides the same error in two computers with Windows 10. Other file, also an audio CD image, does the same thing in both computers. When doing it in other computer without W10, it works.

I don't have md5 hash for any.

Ghost82, Jan 5, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jan 5, 2016
  9. Ghost82 Win User
    Breaking news. I have the md5 for one of the images. When checked with md5summer everything is correct, but windows is not able to mount it. :/

Ghost82, Jan 5, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Ok, so the md5 is the same viewed from both PCs, but Windows still can't even open it with 7-zip. Hmm.

Presumably your Windows PC can read other files on whatever device the iso file resides, can it?

I'm now wondering what library file Windows uses to read iso files, and whether that's common to whatever is used to mount it, to winrar and 7-zip. However I suspect that is sthg within each utility.

Is there anything useful shown in the event viewer?

Suggest you run SFC /Scannow from an elevated command prompt.

dalchina, Jan 5, 2016
  11. Ghost82 Win User
    Event viewer doesn't seem to show anything related.

sfc /scannow says that everything is ok.

Really weird. I just re-asigned explorer.exe to open iso files. But what is really weirder is that I still can open isos made from DVDs, or software isos.

EDIT: Ok, more weirdness. The images can be readed using the AIMP music player. I can listen to them wthout mounting. Amazing.

Ghost82, Jan 5, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    AIMP has a plugin / support for iso's. (I might have a look at that one..).
    I'm beginning to think this isn't a Windows problem per se. Maybe how you generated that particular iso that you can't read? Try creating an audio disk iso by other means.

dalchina, Jan 6, 2016
  13. Ghost82 Win User

I was thinking that on a first instance, but Windows 8.1 (and first public Windows 10 build this summer) was able to mount them without problem. That's what confuses me.

Ghost82, Jan 6, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    It doesn't make any obvious sense.. just wondering if it's sthg to do with the content rather than iso per se. I.e. being audio. But why that should be different with a later build of Win 10..

How about this for an idea. Create an iso of an audio CD using current Win 10 and see if that will open/mount ok. If it does, then nothing fundamental is 'broken' - but there's still a strange incompatibility.

dalchina, Jan 6, 2016
  15. Ghost82 Win User
    Ok. When you say "using current Windws 10", do you mean there's a tool in Windows to create ISO files or can I go ahead with a third party program?

Ghost82, Jan 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Problem trying to mount image file (iso) from an audio CD. - Similar Threads - Problem trying mount

2. Slow mounting of ISO Image Files on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Slow mounting of ISO Image Files on Windows 11/10: [IMG]You may notice that when you want to mount an ISO image natively or use third-party ISO Mounter Software on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, the process may be slow for you. In this post, we explain the reason why this could happen as well as proffer what you can...
  3. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  4. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  5. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Software wanted to create Audio CD iso IMAGE from FLAC/WAV files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Software wanted to create Audio CD iso IMAGE from FLAC/WAV files: Hi folks is there any software around to create an Audio CD IMAGE (iso) (must not require a physical device) from flac / wav tracks. I need this so I can burn a couple of "Virtual ISOs" to a NAS from which a remote user can retrieve the iso image and then use a CD /DVD...
  7. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  8. ISO Files Won't Mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISO Files Won't Mount: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  9. Mount Image Files

Mount Image Files: Am I mistaken, or didn't Windows 10 come with an built in application for mounting image files? I have a .bin file that I am not able to mount automatically. Thanks 23752
  10. Mounting ISO file

Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...