Windows 10: Problem Upgrading - Multiple Drive Issue?

Discus and support Problem Upgrading - Multiple Drive Issue? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I may try disconnecting my other internal sata drives as a last ditch try to upgrade ... Can anyone shed light on why having more than one drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RWOne, Aug 1, 2015.

1. RWOne Win User

Problem Upgrading - Multiple Drive Issue?

I may try disconnecting my other internal sata drives as a last ditch try to upgrade ...

Can anyone shed light on why having more than one drive would cause a issue with the upgrade? You're still booted to the active drive, and updating that one.

My other two are data storage only (later on I have a couple more 1TB's to add and will run those ina RAID, but not now ...)

:)

RWOne, Aug 1, 2015

2. WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE - ERROR MESSAGE 8007045D-2000C

I experienced this error multiple times while trying to upgrade a Win7 Ultimate install on an SSD. A Win7 Pro install on a hard drive in the same machine upgraded without issue.

The problem was due to SSD being incompatible with the Windows 10 upgrade system. The solution was to use Pen Drive Linux's dd utility to image the SSD install to a hard drive, upgrade the imaged install to Windows 10, and then image the upgraded install back
    to the SSD.

R.J. Dunnill, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Alan B Win User
    Error 80004005 Windows update for Windows 10

Best to disconnect other drives before upgrading if at all possible; I did that. I don't see that multiple partitions on a single hard drive are implicated as causing trouble.

Alan B, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Problem Upgrading - Multiple Drive Issue?

Its not a question of having more than one drive in the 'puter.

It is a matter of not having the installation be confused with multiple drive's.

By merely unplugging the other drive's, this confusion is avoided.

The only drive which should be connected to the Motherboard when installing an OS is the drive it is going
    to be installed on.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 1, 2015
  5. banger Win User
    No problem installing on many machines with multiple drives, I suspect avast.

banger, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problem Upgrading - Multiple Drive Issue?

1. Problem Upgrading - Multiple Drive Issue? - Similar Threads - Problem Upgrading Multiple

2. Multiple issues after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple issues after upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,My laptop updated to Windows 11 last week and has been having multiple issues since:Can't run Zoom without the computer freezing until I have to restart it - I've reinstalled Zoom but it hasn't made a differenceVideo calls in general don't seem to work - Teams and FB...
  3. Multiple issues after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple issues after upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,My laptop updated to Windows 11 last week and has been having multiple issues since:Can't run Zoom without the computer freezing until I have to restart it - I've reinstalled Zoom but it hasn't made a differenceVideo calls in general don't seem to work - Teams and FB...
  4. Multiple physical, digital upgrade and activation issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple physical, digital upgrade and activation issues: So here is the history, I originally built this system years ago with Windows 8. I activated it and everything was good for a while. I caught the last train to Clarkville and upgraded to system to Windows 10 when it first came out. Have not used the system much in the past...
  5. External hard drive multiple issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard drive multiple issues: I don't honestly know what the fuck is the problem with this but I've just got a brand new external hard drive and my laptop is just not working with it at all. It's taking ridiculous amounts of time to transfer files onto it.....it is constantly saying there is a issue when...
  6. Multiple issues after upgrading from win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple issues after upgrading from win10: Some installed programs only open a black window, start menu doesn't open, windows defender instacrashes, I can't give administrator permission to actions that require it, restore windows doesn't work, the settings program crashes easily, when I switch on the pc a blue and...
  7. upgrade to windows 10 with multiple hard drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade to windows 10 with multiple hard drives: i know its been asked before, but most of the related posts on the subject are almost 2 years old - millenia in computing terms so im looking to upgrade to windows 10 from 7 - instigated by experiencing an oculus VR headset and touch controllers over the weekend and reading...
  8. Thumb drive issue (problem)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thumb drive issue (problem): When I insert my 16 GB Kingston flash drive, many windows pop open, perhaps 10 or so. I reformatted the drive again, closed all the windows, removed and reinserted it, and the same thing happens. Can someone please help. Len 88250
  9. Boot issue with Multiple Drives Connected

Boot issue with Multiple Drives Connected: Thank you... Just running through that option again must have done something as everything was set as expected. Went into Set-up and first confirmed boot order. 1st Boot - CD / DVD 2nd Boot - Hard Disk WDC .... Also went into Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities to...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade failure - multiple drives

Windows 10 upgrade failure - multiple drives: I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have a SSD with the OS on it and 2 TB drives for data. I have tried ALL the initial suggestions, fixes but always get the "Something happened" message right at the end of the install. The error I am getting in the...