Windows 10: Problem using Quick Assist

Discus and support Problem using Quick Assist in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have used Quick Assist for the first time to support a remote user. I find the screen of the remote user is over scanned, full screen windows cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Davmax1589, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Problem using Quick Assist

I have used Quick Assist for the first time to support a remote user. I find the screen of the remote user is over scanned, full screen windows cannot be closed and the task bar is not visible. Can somebody advise how to overcome this issue?

:)

Davmax1589, Aug 21, 2018
  2. gordon99 Win User

Quick Assist Problem

I would be obliged if someone could provide an answer to this problem. I use a laptop running on Windows 10 Home Edition. My daughter, who lives many miles from me, has a laptop running on Windows 10 Pro edition. I have used Quick Assist a couple of times to help her and on both occasions Quick Assist worked fine.

My wife has a desktop PC running on Windows 10 Home Edition.. Her PC and my laptop are in the same room and we both connect by Wi-Fi to the router. Just for interest I tried running Quick Assist between our two computers. The connection set up OK but dropped out after a couple of minutes each time I tried. Can anyone suggest why this should happen? Clearly, it is of no consequence in these circumstances but I am very interested to know what is going wrong.

gordon99, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Quick Assist

Hi Henry,

It's possible that your computer's Internet Options is not set properly, that's why you're experiencing issues with Quick Assist. Kindly make sure that your computer is allowed to save encrypted pages by following these steps:

• Type internet options on the search bar.
    • Click on Internet Options.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Scroll down, and make sure that Do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked.
    • Click OK.

Once done with the steps, try to use Quick Assist again, then check if the issue persists.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Problem using Quick Assist

Reset Quick Assist settings

Hi,

Thank you for the information. Stability of connection in Quick Assist depends on the internet connection. We suggest to make sure that you are connected to stable internet. To help you with this, please perform the following steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • On Settings, choose Apps & features.
    • On the left pane, choose Programs and Features.
    • Then, look for Quick Assist and click on it.
    • Choose Advanced options, then Repair.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Lemuel Cie, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Problem using Quick Assist

1. Problem using Quick Assist - Similar Threads - Problem using Quick

2. Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist: Wondering why Quick Assist keeps wanting Microsoft Store connection. It's making end user support more difficult than it needs to be. Microsoft had a good thing going with QA. Why change it?...
  3. Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Assist: Hi, I sometimes use Quick Assist to give assistance to a friend. One problem, he tells me that he can't see my cursor moving over his screen. Is the some settings to make this happen?...
  4. Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist: Hello all. First time post. I am finding very difficult if not impossible to use Qick Assist to remote into any laptop. The remote desktop appears no larger than a deck of cards on my end. Your time and assistance will be greatly appreciated. Peter 183969
  5. Using Quick Assist

Using Quick Assist: When I assist a lower resolution computer with my high res 3840 x 2160, their screen only takes up a small portion of the window on my screen. Have tried both options for viewing screen and nothing is really a good option. I've tried changing the resolution on my computer...
  6. Problem opening Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem opening Quick Assist: I have one user who is facing open Quick assist issue [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-opening-quick-assist/c6a5625e-bf83-4810-b31f-0b1cf666a2ec
  7. Quick Assist

Quick Assist: When my employer and I log into Quick Assist after he sends me the code and then we go to our remote session it cancels out our Quick Assist We have talked to our IT guy and he states this is a microsoft issue as I can do Quick Assist at any time while on my desktop but...
  8. Quick Assist Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Assist Problem: Dears , I tried many times to use Quick Assist feature which in Windows 10 but it ran to fail each time . Many thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-problem/f2c459c1-ff38-4911-bc32-f4c57c5749b0
  9. Quick Assist problem

Quick Assist problem: I am able to get into Quick Assist ok but the problem I have is that the screen to which I am trying to assistance has a black border which hides one or two of the top right hand buttons. Is there any way to remove this black border or is there a better free equivalent...
  10. Quick Assist Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Assist Problem: I would be obliged if someone could provide an answer to this problem. I use a laptop running on Windows 10 Home Edition. My daughter, who lives many miles from me, has a laptop running on Windows 10 Pro edition. I have used Quick Assist a couple of times to help her and on...