Windows 10: Problem while connecting external hard disk

Discus and support Problem while connecting external hard disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i connect my hdd ,it sAYSpower DRAWING TOOMUCH and sometimes it doesn't support when i connect other usb no problem is there. Help 56792 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rominmusa, Jul 19, 2016.

1. rominmusa Win User

Problem while connecting external hard disk

When i connect my hdd ,it sAYSpower DRAWING TOOMUCH and sometimes it doesn't support
    when i connect other usb no problem is there. Help

:)

rominmusa, Jul 19, 2016

2. internal hard drive problem

A clicking sound is a classic sign of a hardware problem with the drive. That it is detected or not is a matter of the connection, not the condition of the drive. Run a hard disk analyzer (usually provided by the hard disk manufacturer) or obtain one
    of the many for free on the web. Use your Ubuntu pendrive to copy your personal files to external media now while you can still access the hard drive with it.

Cbarnhorst, Jul 19, 2016
  3. downloading movies from external hard drive

Connect the External hard disk

Turn on the external hard disk

Browse to the external hard disk - Start > File Explorer > This PC > open the external hard disk

Select the movie

Click Copy

Click Start > File Explorer

Open Videos

Click Paste

Andre Da Costa, Jul 19, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

What type of external HDD are you trying to connect? Is it a 2.5" laptop style hard drive or a 3.5" desktop style hard drive? All 3.5" desktop hard drives will require an external power source to connect them via USB. Your computer seems to be a newer computer so power at the USB ports should not be a problem for a 2.5" laptop hard drive. You can try a power boosting Y-cable like this:
    USB 2 0 A Female to 2 Dual USB Male Hub Power Adapter Y Splitter Cable Cord SGCC | eBay

That will split the power draw between two USB ports if you have two USB ports next to each other on the computer.

Even the Y-cable will not work for a 3.5" hard drive, though, it requires it's own real power supply.

NavyLCDR, Jul 19, 2016
  5. rominmusa Win User
    Lenovo-F309-USB3-0-External-Hard is its name and i don't know much about it

rominmusa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem while connecting external hard disk - Similar Threads - Problem while connecting

2. External hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard disk: Hello everyoneI'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while.I've recently bought a new external hard drive, an upgrade for my old one in terms of size and speed, the thing is by chance I've...
  3. External hard disk issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard disk issues: Hello Aklesh Gond, Unfortunately I save the recovery key certificate on external hard drive only, which is encrypted now.Not sure how to decrypt this external hard drive and recover my data.RegardsAtith...
  4. External Hard Disk not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Disk not detected: I have a WD My Passport external HDD with 1 TB capacity. When I connect it to my Windows 10 laptop, it doesn't detect it however, in devices and printer, it shows the device. What can I do to have it detected?Help?...
  5. External hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard disk not detected: Hi, not too sure if this is a windows problem but whenever I connect my external hard disk it gets detected but then I can't see it in the file explorer. The hard disk is new, the laptop's ports are all okay I connected a flash disk and I was able to see that. submitted by...
  6. BitLocker - External Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker - External Hard Disk: I have Western Digital Hard Disk. It is BitLocker protected. I have Key ID i.e. 7BF91855. Is there anyway I can retrieve my bitlocker recovery key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-external-hard-disk/ec9c56aa-15d6-42f9-aff0-f88af87a5b1c
  7. Recording to external hard disk?

Recording to external hard disk?: I will do a 24 hour stream soon and I will get an external hard drive because I want to record the stream. Can I record the stream directly to an external hard drive from Streamlabs OBS? Aufnahme auf Externe Festplatte?
  8. Win10 - BSOD on connecting an old external Hard Disk -...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 - BSOD on connecting an old external Hard Disk -...: Hi, I'm getting BSOD on connecting one of my old external hard disk. This issue happens only when connecting this hard disk - all other connections work. Below is the error details I got from WinDbg. DUMP_TYPE: 2 BUGCHECK_P1: ffffffffc0000005 BUGCHECK_P2:...
  9. External Hard Disk Problem

External Hard Disk Problem: Whenever i insert my hard disk, my laptop can't detect it. only "expansion" icon appears. the cable is fine. i tried troubleshoot, no problem detected. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] how to fix this?...
  10. external hard disk

external hard disk: external hard disk is not displaying n even not located also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disk/62353490-2070-486b-a356-a179ff281d28