Windows 10: Problem with Arabic diacritic formatting using Character MAp

Discus and support Problem with Arabic diacritic formatting using Character MAp in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Problem with Character Map in Word. WHen I try to insert an Arabic diacritic of a dot under an 'h', for example, I get this but then also a letter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoPenCo, Aug 13, 2018.

1. JoPenCo Win User

Problem with Arabic diacritic formatting using Character MAp

Problem with Character Map in Word. WHen I try to insert an Arabic diacritic of a dot under an 'h', for example, I get this but then also a letter space which cannot be deleted. When I try to delete the space it deletes the letter with the diacritic.

:)

JoPenCo, Aug 13, 2018
  2. DimaAdham Win User

Arabic keyboard missing characters

The Arabic keyboard in WP8 is missing quite a few characters which renders it useless. In older versions, the missing characters were available through pressing the shift key but the latter is not available in WP8 while in the Arabic keyboard.

The list of missing characters are:

• Arabic Letter Yeh with Hamza Above
    • Arabic Letter Alef with Hamza Above
    • Arabic Letter Alef with Hamza Below
    • Arabic Letter Alef with Madda Above
    • Arabic Letter Hamza Isolated Form
    • Arabic Letter Waw with Hamza Above
    • All Diacritics are missing.
    I hope you have plans to fix this serious issue. It's extremely annoying.

DimaAdham, Aug 13, 2018
  3. How to type these diacritics in Arabic keyboard?

Hi Monica,

I am developing an uwp app, in which the user should be able to type the those characters in the textbox shown in my app. For example, user will press letter l to type arabic letter م. Similarly user will type l then Q to type arabic letter م with diacritic
    fathha like this: مَ (Meem with Fathha). All things are well okay.

But I am unable to find the Long Alif & Madda diacritics. Where can I find those in windows keyboards?

NB: It is not programming oriented question. It is about, what keys user should press to get those diacritics, in any textbox or in search box of google in a browser, to name some scenarios.

MGBhadurudeen, Aug 13, 2018
  4. mkyousif Win User

Windows phone 7 arabic characters problem

Hello. i have an htc windows phone 7 telephone.

I seem to be having a problem viewing arabic words. when i am on an arabic website the characters are fragmented and when i recieve text messages, in the preview window, words appear complete but when I go into the message, the characters are separated.

Is this a common problem? Is there a fix/solution for this?

Thank you very much.

mkyousif, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with Arabic diacritic formatting using Character MAp - Similar Threads - Problem Arabic diacritic

2. Cannot access Private Use Characters in character map

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access Private Use Characters in character map: Hi there. I just bought a new Lenovo ideapad flex5 and am having an issue with the character map. I purchased fonts and after downloading them to my computer, the glyphs / private use characters are not showing up in character map. I've used these fonts before on other...
  3. Multiple Diacritics/Character Combining on a Single Character AGAIN

Multiple Diacritics/Character Combining on a Single Character AGAIN: Hello Everyone, I am trying to type a paper in the Arabic Language and I need to put more than one diacritic on a single letter. I have been trying to find a way in Word but it doesn't work. When I tried to do this in Libre Writer it works. Is there a way to make this work...
  4. Multiple Diacritics on a Single Character AGAIN

Multiple Diacritics on a Single Character AGAIN: Hello Everyone, I am trying to type a paper in the Arabic Language and I need to put more than one diacritic on a single letter. I have been trying to find a way in Word but it doesn't work. When I tried to do this in Libre Writer it works. Is there a way to make this work...
  5. Character Map

in Cortana
    Character Map: Is there a way to pin the Character Map to the bottom of my page, don't know what that area is called, so I don't have to enter it in search every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/character-map/06e6edf3-f133-45d0-ae5b-477c6b069f03
  6. Polish diacritical characters not working in Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Polish diacritical characters not working in Windows PowerShell: Hello, Recently my business computer has been updated to Windows 10 1903. I've noticed that I can't type polish diacritical characters typed with AltGr + a, e, s, l, z, x, c or n. The only one that do work is AltGr + o. Usual tricks like using Ctrl + Alt or ~ do nothing....
  7. Cannot See Private Use Characters in Character Map

Cannot See Private Use Characters in Character Map: I have been trying, to no avail to access private use characters from a font I downloaded. I am use to opening character map and copying and pasting the characters or glyphs that I need into my Cricut software, but I have been unable to. My PC has been updated and I have...
  8. Arabic Numbers format - issue if the number followed by any character

Arabic Numbers format - issue if the number followed by any character: hello, i find a problem with Arabic number starting from window 8 till current build of windows 10 the following screen shot for window 10 and window 7 , you will find arabic numbers in windows 10 is converted to English number after adding currency symbol the...
  9. Character map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Character map: How can I find the character map on Microsoft 10? I used to get it when I entered it in "Type to search" box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/character-map/79ea1805-3776-4843-879d-feecaafeafcd
  10. Open and Use Character Map in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Use Character Map in Windows: How to: Open and Use Character Map in Windows How to Open and Use Character Map in Windows You can use Character Map to view the characters that are available for a selected font. Character Map displays the following character sets: Windows DOS Unicode You can copy...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diacritics in character map