Windows 10: Problem with brightness on Desktop.

Discus and support Problem with brightness on Desktop. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I downloaded wos 10 and for the first 2 days they worked fine...I booted my computer in safe mode and then booted again in normal mode...But then a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by georgemiller, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Problem with brightness on Desktop.

I downloaded wos 10 and for the first 2 days they worked fine...I booted my computer in safe mode and then booted again in normal mode...But then a problem occured with my screen...For some reason its very white and dim...I cannot stand in front of the screen for a long time because it gives me headaches and my eyes are hurting...I think its the common problem with brightness control that many laptop users have or had...But i have a desktop and i dont know what to do exactly...I redownloaded several times the AMD catalyst control center but I didnt manage to make something...

I have i5-3570, amd radeon hd 7870 flex and 8 gb of trascened ram at 1333 mhz

:)

georgemiller, Aug 2, 2015

2. Missing brightness Icon in the windows 10 action center.

It is the same for me, no brightness icon anywhere, no brightness slider anywhere. I upgraded to Windows 10 on an AIO desktop. Is that the problem?

CandaceMartin, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Desktop and touchpad

Hi, i tried both methods, my touchpad now works fine, but the desktop problem is not solved. Still when brightness goes lower than 62%,
    desktop becomes black.

KristīneK, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Problem with brightness on Desktop.

Hi, Welcome to forums

right click on start and select control panel
    from the search at the top right enter power and then select 'Power Options' from the result

at the bottom of this page is a brightness slider, which I have found gives more control over the brightness than the option in Action Centre

paulsalter, Aug 2, 2015
  5. I dont have a brightness slider *Sad

Problem with brightness on Desktop. [​IMG]

6. Start - Settings - System - Display

teachermark, Aug 2, 2015
  7. am i missing something????? wtf???

I only have the first slider

8. Borg 386 Win User

Problem with brightness on Desktop.

Just curious, does your OS show as being activated? I've seen some posts saying that the option will be missing if the version is not activated.

Borg 386, Aug 2, 2015
  9. JUANNY Win User
    n power options-the only other way i know hot to adjust it is through color calibration in display properties which also adjusts other things
    looks like the brightness slider is not there on all computers cause i dont have one there or i

JUANNY, Aug 2, 2015
  10. Highlight the monitor so it changes color from gray to blue. *Smile

teachermark, Aug 2, 2015
  11. yes my windows are activated

and i can not highlight the monitor *Sad

12. Ah...

Just a thought...
    How about fiddling with the controls on the monitor itself?
    Monitors will often change their settings when plugged into a new/changed computer.
    Most modern monitors will come with those annoying fiddly buttons underneath that control brightness/contrast/ x/y axis, etc...

teachermark, Aug 2, 2015
  13. Problem with brightness on Desktop.

yeah I checked this out...I manage to reduce the whiteness a little bit...but i want my old config... does my os have problem??? is this a administration problem???

14. theok Win User
    I'm having the same problem. Appears to me Microsoft upped the display color saturation and luminescence. Damn phone ui. Really like 10, but windows 7 is easier on the eyes.

theok, Aug 2, 2015
  15. arjfca Win User
    Same problem for me for the saturation and brightness. I can't look to my monitors for an extended period because it cause me an headache. I got 4 monitors driven by 2 graphic cards. None of them has the proper color setup.

Is a solution has been found?

I did not find either the brightness level cursor suggested in this thread.
    Martin

arjfca, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Problem with brightness on Desktop.

1. Problem with brightness on Desktop. - Similar Threads - Problem brightness Desktop

2. brightness problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    brightness problem: i accidently decreased my windows's brightness by using control panel. now, my screen is completely dark and none of the keys and keyboard orders are working i don't know what to do please tell me...
  3. brightness problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness problem: i accidently decreased my windows's brightness by using control panel. now, my screen is completely dark and none of the keys and keyboard orders are working i don't know what to do please tell me...
  4. Brightness problem

Brightness problem: Hi, I am using dell Inspiron 15 5700 core i7 for the past 2 years and I have continuous issues with brightness. My built-in OS was Linux when I first purchased this system afterwards I changed Linux to window 10 and then I started having the problem with brightness. it...
  5. brightness problem

brightness problem: hello. i really need help. my laptop's brightness doesn't change. the brightness slider at the notification window doesn't work. the brightness slider on settings doesn't seem to work either. my eyes are hurting so much. i searched the internet and saw that it has something...
  6. Brightness Problem

Brightness Problem: I was playing with the resolution settings and then the brightness increased for no reason. There is no way for me to lower it. It's like a brightened and saved photo now. If you lower the brightness it doesn't make the photo like before...
  7. Brightness problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brightness problem: So recently i've noticed that my display getting bit dimmy based on what im doing, so if background is black, screen brightness goes lower, and its very annoying. So i tried to fix this problem but couldn't. I can't disable automaticly adjust colors from settings because it...
  8. Brightness Problem

Brightness Problem: Brightness It doesn't let me change brightness, I tried using action center, and the brightness slider isn't there, I looked everywhere in the control panel and settings, and its not there. Is there anyone who can help me I'm not on administrator account....
  9. brightness problem

brightness problem: Since the latest windows 10 creators update was installed on my hp pavilion laptop I have no controls to enable me to manipulate the screen brightness. There is no longer a button in the quick action centre (used to be a sun & % brightness button), nor is there a brightness...
  10. brightness problem

brightness problem: After I giving new windows 10, My brightness don't working. My laptop is hp Probook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-problem/08f14402-b7d9-47e6-be11-1d67dc2136cd