Windows 10: Problem with Changing Download Option in Chrome

Discus and support Problem with Changing Download Option in Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I want to change the settings in my Chrome Browser (latest version, double-checked) so that I am ALWAYS asked where I want a download to go before it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gkaywood, Oct 9, 2017.

1. gkaywood Win User

Problem with Changing Download Option in Chrome

I want to change the settings in my Chrome Browser (latest version, double-checked) so that I am ALWAYS asked where I want a download to go before it starts downloading. In the advanced settings option box, I have the following:

Ask where to save each file before downloading (Dot button graphic, blue, set to right-hand side)

But when I go to a web page to get a download, it automatically saves it to the default location. I'm using an ASUS tablet/keyboard as well as an HP desktop.

How do I change the setting? Thank for your time and help.

:)

gkaywood, Oct 9, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Disable Preferences So That PDF Does Not Open As A Web Page

Sorry Merle, you cannot stop that behavior in Edge, it is inbuilt, useless in its functionality and cannot be changed!

That leaves you with 2 options:

• Download the PDF and read it offline in Adobe Reader
    • Change your browser to Chrome, this option can be disabled in Chrome:

• One Time changes that need to be made to Chrome to open PDF's in Adobe Reader
    • In the Chrome address bar, type chrome://plugins
    • Disable Chrome PDF Viewer

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Oct 9, 2017
  3. M.Watush Win User
    can't open .exe files windows 10

Yes, I changed the "_" back to a "." in the executable file of the downloaded Chrome browser, which was downloaded using Microsoft's browser. I was then able to install Chrome and make it my default browser. Then, using Chrome, I downloaded the other
    programs and installed them with no problem. Thank you for the solution to a vexing problem.

M.Watush, Oct 9, 2017
  4. Problem with Changing Download Option in Chrome

Hi gkaywood. Welcome to the TenForums @gkaywood

When you download do you get a "File Explorer" window that you can navigate to a different location or does it just download, no window.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 9, 2017
Thema:

Problem with Changing Download Option in Chrome

1. Problem with Changing Download Option in Chrome - Similar Threads - Problem Changing Download

2. Chrome notification options not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome notification options not showing: [ATTACH]The only notification options I have are the ones in the picture. I cannot get chrome to show up, though I've turned on notifications. Please help....
  3. Changing search engine to google, downloading chrome, on a new HP Pavillion

Changing search engine to google, downloading chrome, on a new HP Pavillion: Seems like the first issue should be easily solved by going into advanced settings, and replacing that horrible Bing with Google. But there is no "address bar" option in settings or advanced settings which should be the place where I can make the replacement. ...Also, when I...
  4. Chrome problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome problems: I try to print an email from outlook through my google chrome browser and both preview and print are blank. What should I do to solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-problems/8692b67b-9f63-4c63-a2c2-4764bd6797f1
  5. Can't download chrome

Can't download chrome: I receive an error message: "This app can't run on your PC" contact software developer for compatible software or something. I'm running 64-bit windows 10. Downloaded the 64-bit version. Had it installed, was having errors, tried to uninstall and reinstall, so I know it can...
  6. Problem with downloads in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with downloads in Chrome: Hello! As of March 8th, 2019 I can't download anything. Whenever I try, I get a message that says 'virus scan failed' accompanied by the failed download. Looking back at my download history, I was able to download things on March 6th, but was not able to on March 8th (I...
  7. Problem with downloads in Chrome

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with downloads in Chrome: Hello! As of March 8th, 2019 I can't download anything. Whenever I try, I get a message that says 'virus scan failed' accompanied by the failed download. Looking back at my download history, I was able to download things on March 6th, but was not able to on March 8th (I...
  8. No download options for picture

No download options for picture: I have two computers as I recently bought a new one. Both run Windows 10. On my old computer when I rightclick an image in Whatapp I get a lot of options: open the picture in a new window, save it, copy it, copy its address or inspect it. On my new computer I have only one...
  9. Chrome downloads on Windows 10 but then I only have the option of using Edge

Chrome downloads on Windows 10 but then I only have the option of using Edge: Google Chrome downloads on windows 10 but then I only have the option of using Edge. I want google chrome as I need it for my study. * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: Google Chrome...
  10. can' download chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can' download chrome: Hello to community, I get a format in my pc and i have now internet edge for windows 10 . My problem is that my pc can't run my programs neither fb games so i try to download google chrome or mozzila firefox , but my pc doesn't responde. Can you help me what should i do for...