Windows 10: problem with creating recovery drive for windows 10

Discus and support problem with creating recovery drive for windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi guys, i have a big problem, let me explain from the start i have one external hard drive which i use for everything i had nearly 1tb of data there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mathkit87, Apr 4, 2016.

1. mathkit87 Win User

problem with creating recovery drive for windows 10

hi guys,
    i have a big problem, let me explain from the start
    i have one external hard drive which i use for everything i had nearly 1tb of data there
    i wanted to create recovery disc there however there were two partitions one with my data and another called recovery
    when creating recovery drive i selected 'recovery' partition which was just 500mb
    when i came back to my laptop after a while my main partition with my data was gone and now i ended up with recovery partition 35gb in total,
    my question is how can i access my data or its gone forever
    i hope someone can help me, i had everythng there

:)

mathkit87, Apr 4, 2016

2. Problem creating a recovery drive with USB for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

As an initial step, I suggest you to disconnect any external device connected to the system (except mouse and keyboard) and the reconnect only the external drive to be created as the recovery drive.

You may also try to disable any anti-virus program installed in the system and then try creating a recovery drive.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it
    to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

For more information about Backup, click on the link provided below

Link 1: How to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10

Link 2:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-recovery-drive

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 4, 2016
  3. st-fer Win User
    Problem creating a recovery drive with USB for Windows 10

Thank you Antony, but my problem is not resolved.

st-fer, Apr 4, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Get this hard-drive to a business-oriented, seriously data recovery minded, well-recommended, computer geek, whether s/he comes over with the BagOfTools or you bring the drive to their business place - and explain exactly what happened to the hard-drive. This recovery partition attempt may [or may not] have formatted the entire hard-drive, making recovery very difficult at best.
    It's possible that any attempt on your part, or even our part, might make things worse. Perhaps, such will make things better. I do not know 'cause rescue or repair disk-making usually means cleaning everything on the disk before creating said rescue/repair disk.

RolandJS, Apr 4, 2016
Thema:

1. problem with creating recovery drive for windows 10 - Similar Threads - problem creating recovery

2. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive": The pic says "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive", in italian :'It's important to notice that I get this message as soon as I click on "next" in the first window of the "Create a recovery drive" program, meaning that I...
  3. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive": The pic says "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive", in italian :'It's important to notice that I get this message as soon as I click on "next" in the first window of the "Create a recovery drive" program, meaning that I...
  4. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. A Problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

A Problem occurred while creating the recovery drive: I am unable to create recovery drive recently. Below are the details: Windows 10 Pen drive used: 64 GB Antivirus uninstallation also did not help System file check is normal. - What can be the reason ?...
  6. We can’t create the recovery drive, A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

in Windows 10 News
    We can’t create the recovery drive, A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive: [ATTACH]If when you attempt to create a recovery drive using a USB drive on your Windows 10 computer but receive the error message – We can’t […] This article We can’t create the recovery drive, A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive first appeared on...
  7. a problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

a problem occurred while creating the recovery drive: So apparently I keep getting this message "there was a problem creating the recovery drive" only whenever "back up system files" is checked.. without it checked everything is fine. I went through the sfc scan, and the other scan that most people use, and factory resetted my...
  8. Problem in creating usb recovery drive

Problem in creating usb recovery drive: I am not able to create the recovery drive on my PC running Windows 10, through the preinstalled recovery drive tool. Each time it gives me a failure message after 10-15 minutes of working. How can I create the usb recovery drive now? Someone please help. Thanks...
  9. Problems creating a recovery drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems creating a recovery drive: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Andrewmorris197 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4e7y9/problems_creating_a_recovery_drive/
  10. Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10: How to: Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 How to Create a Bootable USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information If you run into problems with your PC, a USB recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix those problems, even if Windows won't start. A...