Windows 10: Problem with cursor disappearing

Discus and support Problem with cursor disappearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Got a new laptop yesterday - MSI GS63 7RD Stealth, running Windows 10. Was working great for a couple of hours, fast and as expected. I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rickchristine, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Problem with cursor disappearing

This problem can occur to you due to many reasons.

To make sure your cursor will not disappear next time, you can try the following ways.

1. Check the physical condition and USB port by plugging it into another PC or port.

2. Re-enable your mouse with shortcut. For Toshiba, press Fn + F5. For ASUS, it is Fn + F9. For other computers, you can search directly on Google.

3. Highlight mouse cursor in Mouse Pointer options. For detailed steps, you can refer to
    6 Ways to Fix Mouse Cursor Disappears on Windows 10 - Windows 10 Skills.
    Hope you can find your way to fix this issue from it.

rickchristine, Apr 5, 2018

2. Got a new laptop yesterday - MSI GS63 7RD Stealth, running Windows 10. Was working great for a couple of hours, fast and as expected.

I then downloaded Minecraft, and downloaded a shader pack (a well-known one from the legit source). Opened Minecraft, major lag, froze. Could pause using esc but no cursor would appear. Tried everything I could think of using only keys, even restarting laptop wouldn't fix the problem.

The strange part was that when I was on the login screen, the cursor was visible and worked normally. When I typed in my PIN and was logged in, the cursor was no longer there.

I ended up fixing it by factory resetting the laptop, figured I didn't have much to lose considering I'd only had it a few hours. But now I'm worried it'll happen again.

Is this a known problem? Has anyone had this happen? Is there a way to fix it besides resetting the laptop?

Would really appreciate help ASAP - please and thank you!

:)

IndiaHawker, Apr 18, 2018
  3. Lou1000 Win User
    Cursor disappearing on Windows 10

Original title: cursor problems

my cursor suddenly disappeared. How do I get it back?

Lou1000, Apr 18, 2018
  4. Ethanl_1 Win User

Problem with cursor disappearing

Custom mouse cursor disappears Windows 10.

Hi sorry it took so long but yes the cursor disappears whenever I tapped on the touch screen. However I found a solution to this problem months ago.

Ethanl_1, Apr 18, 2018
  5. Worth checking if you have a driver update for the laptop.

Probs best to check all of the drivers *Smile

kingtez1984, Apr 20, 2018
Thema:

Problem with cursor disappearing

1. Problem with cursor disappearing - Similar Threads - Problem cursor disappearing

2. cursor disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor disappears: When I have open groove music and have minecraft open at the same time whilst in minecraft my cursor disappears I've tried restarting but nothing works does anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. cursor disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursor disappears: When I have open groove music and have minecraft open at the same time whilst in minecraft my cursor disappears I've tried restarting but nothing works does anyone know how to fix this?...
  4. Cursor disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor disappear: Hi!after upgrading to a new windows 10 cannot use touchpad any more,i tried with available solution i the Google, windows ,dosenot help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappear/f3b8bc64-404b-424e-8332-a8ef3e08936f
  5. Cursor disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor disappear: Hi!after upgrading to a new windows 10 cannot use touchpad any more,i tried with available solution i the Google, windows ,dosenot help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappear/f3b8bc64-404b-424e-8332-a8ef3e08936f
  6. Cursor disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor disappeared: I use hp probook with windows 10 for a year now. Just this morning when I turned on my device, I can’t find my cursor. My touchpad is working fine and I was able to do my online classes too, restarted the device once, but the cursor isn’t coming back. What should I do now?...
  7. cursor disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor disappears: Hello. I am typing on my second laptop because the first one;s cursor disappeared. I really don't know what happened prior to it disappearing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappears/481cad55-2228-47a7-b2a9-b03765ad5668
  8. Disappearing Cursor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing Cursor?: When I enter the window of a game that I downloaded from the internet, my cursor disappears and I am not able to interact with anything in the window. Is there a way to fix this? Is this a problem with the application or with windows? Thanks....
  9. Cursor disappears

Cursor disappears: My cursor disappears while I am working on my laptop. I have to restart the computer to get it back. This happens several times a day. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappears/5fee4982-cf11-4ca1-91f3-27d257bcdc37
  10. Disappearing cursor

Disappearing cursor: Recently I updated. Since then I can no longer see my cursor in Chrome but I can see it in edge. Suggestions? Thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappearing-cursor/0a79f378-026b-4fc3-b2e0-7e6700df261f