Windows 10: Problem with desktop background changing

Discus and support Problem with desktop background changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have googled this for days now and tried all the remedies offered and none seems to work for me. I have an image which I want to use for desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bardos, Aug 5, 2017.

1. bardos Win User

Problem with desktop background changing

I have googled this for days now and tried all the remedies offered and none seems to work for me. I have an image which I want to use for desktop background. I select it in personalize/background/ picture. In a couple of minutes the background changes to an all black background. Have no idea how to stop windows from doing this. I even chose "slideshow", created a folder called wallpaper and placed only that image in the folder and it still goes back to the black background in a matter of minutes. How can I tell windows to cease and desist with this behaviour? thx.

:)

bardos, Aug 5, 2017

2. Windows won't keep my background. I want my laptop to have one background and my desktop to have a different one.

Hello,

this is a relatively simple problem but I can't find a solution for it. Basically, I have a desktop and a laptop, of which I want to have their own unique backgrounds, but whenever I change the background on one it changes it on the other. I want my laptop
    to have one background and my desktop to have a different one.

N'yoma Diamond, Aug 5, 2017
  3. Akheel Ahmed, Aug 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I don't know which fixes you've tried - usually that means people suggesting things leading to the response 'tried it, it doesn't work'.

Anyway...
    Make sure this isn't set:
    Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Try the equivalent of
    Black Desktop Background Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

Make sure sync isn't affecting it (option 5)
    Change Desktop Background in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

See
    Fix Desktop turns black in Windows 10 - Winaero

Do you have any 3rd party wallpaper change program?

Do you have a theme with black wallpaper that might be being applied?

dalchina, Aug 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Problem with desktop background changing - Similar Threads - Problem desktop background

2. Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop: I recently activated OneDrive on my Laptop and I only mentioned it as the only known change. I am using an Acer Laptop with Win10 and this is something I have managed many times in the past. I am trying to change the Desktop Image using the Personalize option. But this time...
  3. Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop: I recently activated OneDrive on my Laptop and I only mentioned it as the only known change. I am using an Acer Laptop with Win10 and this is something I have managed many times in the past. I am trying to change the Desktop Image using the Personalize option. But this time...
  4. Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop background will not change.

Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  6. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  7. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Change Desktop Background

Change Desktop Background: I want to change the Desktop Background, I want to put a picture of my granddaughter that I have on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-desktop-background/26184aba-aed7-4f05-ac92-8ace3ba1f30c
  9. Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.: can't quite figure out what's going on here... - had three windows 10 pcs networked at my business location (miles from home), all with different desktop backgrounds, all with slightly different configurations. - one of the three pcs was purchased for home use, it was just...
  10. Desktop Background problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Background problems: About 2 weeks ago, I haven't been able to change my desktop background. I opened the Personalization Settings and notice it goes back and forth between Picture and Solid Color. So when I try to make a picture off the internet, or a screenshot from a PC game, it changes the...