Windows 10: Problem with display

Discus and support Problem with display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, Windows 10 updated itself a few days ago, I thought it was a small update but in fact it was a complete new operating system, a newer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nige52, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Nige52 Win User

Problem with display

Hi folks,
    Windows 10 updated itself a few days ago, I thought it was a small update but in fact it was a complete new operating system, a newer windows 10.
    This has brought me lots of little problems I had managed to iron out over time with the first 10 installation. But one problem has returned and for the life of me I can't remember how I fixed it, drivers maybe? What's happening is a display problem, on a lot of websites, especially local selling sites, there is a search box where you enter text, the box tends to be white against the websites background colour so is easily visible, but after this new update, the boxes had disappeared again, which is infuriating me. Please could anyone tell me where to look to fix this problem? I did it before but have forgotten *Sad I'll attach a screen shot of what I mean, you can see the black line where you type the text in, but the white box has gone...I'm sure it was a driver issue, but I've refreshed the drivers and it says all are up to date???
    Thanks
    Nige
    Problem with display [​IMG]

:)

Nige52, Jul 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Jul 5, 2016
  3. how to write a letter on Windows 10

how do I proceed to type a letter and make a copy

help with a problem, Jul 5, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Problem with display

Hello Nige,

The white box is visible on my monitor, I can see an outline marking out the position of the text box. I wonder if you need to adjust your monitor brightness or contrast to see it better?

philc43, Jul 5, 2016
  5. Nige52 Win User
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I turned down the brightness and also contrast to zero but nothing happened.......I know I found a fix for this last time.....out of interest, this happens on all my browsers, Firefox, Edge, Opera and Chrome, so it's not a browser issue......it's happened twice, both after Windows 10 updated *Sad

Nige52, Jul 5, 2016
  6. Nige52 Win User
    I've fixed it.
    Out of desperation I did a 'Go back to an earlier version of Windows' Not knowing if I would end up with Windows 10, or 8.1 I let it do it's job. I can now see everything, it wasn't a white box it was coloured........I still have no idea why this problem happened after a major Windows update *Shock*Shock
    Problem with display [​IMG]

Nige52, Jul 5, 2016
  7. Nige52 Win User
    Nightmare!!
    It's done it AGAIN! Windows 10 just installed the last major update last night, this morning the display problems are back *Sad
    I've updated all the drivers as I did the previous times. I'm sick of Windows, I really am......have I got to revert to a previous version again? Any solutions gratefully accepted.......

Nige52, Sep 26, 2016
  8. spunk Win User

Problem with display

What is the make and model# of your computer/video card?
    Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, expand Display.
    Are there any device with yellow flags? If so, these devices need drivers installed. Even if there aren't any yellow flags, go to the Manufacturers Support/Download Drivers site, type in your Make and Model# or your Service Tag# and download the latest Video Driver for your model.
    If that fails, in the Device Manager, right click the device under Display choose Properties/Driver/Roll Back Driver to a driver that was working for you

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problem with display

1. Problem with display - Similar Threads - Problem display

2. Problem with Wireless Display. Mouse dissapears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Wireless Display. Mouse dissapears: Whenever my mouse goes over the window, where my android phone is projected, the mouse disappear. The keyboard seems to work to use the phone. The mouse completely disappears from the screen and doesn't react to any input. Can't exit out the window unless stopping screen...
  3. Problem with Wireless Display. Mouse dissapears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Wireless Display. Mouse dissapears: Whenever my mouse goes over the window, where my android phone is projected, the mouse disappear. The keyboard seems to work to use the phone. The mouse completely disappears from the screen and doesn't react to any input. Can't exit out the window unless stopping screen...
  4. bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....: Support tried to fix an error on my laptop, They left me hanging and nothing was fixed. Now i have a very big issue. I think the fix has messed up all my drivers. My laptop monitor is blank, external as wellI ve tried all guides provided. No change, cant even activate safe...
  5. bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....

bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....: Support tried to fix an error on my laptop, They left me hanging and nothing was fixed. Now i have a very big issue. I think the fix has messed up all my drivers. My laptop monitor is blank, external as wellI ve tried all guides provided. No change, cant even activate safe...
  6. bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!: I Have a samsung tv and i want to make a projecting my monitor, to tv and i cannot connect and i see the error Couldn't connect ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-with-projecting-display-on/ef697bd0-298f-4760-a81f-47968f60b742
  8. hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!

hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!: I Have a samsung tv and i want to make a projecting my monitor, to tv and i cannot connect and i see the error Couldn't connect ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-with-projecting-display-on/ef697bd0-298f-4760-a81f-47968f60b742
  9. Windows 10 laptop- Problems with display and performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop- Problems with display and performance: This laptop was from my dad but he handed it down to me for when i need it for school, it was repaired but when i started using it again for my school powerpoint it started acting up, my background wallpaper slowly started becoming lighter, and my entire laptop was running...
  10. Windows 10 laptop- Problems with display and performance

Windows 10 laptop- Problems with display and performance: This laptop was from my dad but he handed it down to me for when i need it for school, it was repaired but when i started using it again for my school powerpoint it started acting up, my background wallpaper slowly started becoming lighter, and my entire laptop was running...