Windows 10: Problem with downloading software and system restore not working...

Discus and support Problem with downloading software and system restore not working... in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I wonder if ahyone can help. My partner has a Windows 10 64 bit desktop computer All was working fine with computer etc until this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Neil23, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Neil23 Win User

Problem with downloading software and system restore not working...

Hi, I wonder if ahyone can help.

My partner has a Windows 10 64 bit desktop computer

All was working fine with computer etc until this morning when she downloaded some new photo editing software
    acdsee (ACDSee Photo Software - Photo Editing, Photo Management, Photo Editor, Digital Photography, Digital Asset Management, DAM) to see how the software compare with Photoimpact (which is/was currently installed).

The acdsee downloaded and installed and opened etc but the software was unsatisfactory in terms of usage.
    Then couldn't open Photoimpact...
    The acdsee software was then removed.
    Photoimpact still not working
    Unable to uninstall Photoimpact and won't reinstall as it says it is still there...

Here is the PROBLEM/ISSUE 1: Now my partner is unable to load the Photoimpact software which has been working all okay
    and is used every day as my partner is a photographer and artist.

Photoimpact starts to initialise and load but doesn't complete.

PROBLEM/ISSUE 2: She has tried to do a system restore (disabled Kaspersky before system restore) but gets error code 0x80070005 error message "system restore not able to work due to antivirus software being activated..." not aware of anything apart from Kaspersky...

Anyone able to help?

:)

Neil23, Sep 24, 2016

2. System Restore and backup restore not working on Windows 10

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I understand you are unable to perform System restore on your Windows 10 computer. This might be due to a corruption in the restore service. I suggest you to check the service which helps you perform a System restore.

Method 1: Check the Volume Shadow Copy Service.

Check the Volume shadow copy service in services window. To check follow these steps:

1. Type “Services” in the search box.

2. Right Click on Services and “Run it as an Administrator”.

3. Check for “Volume Shadow Copy” Service.

4. Set the status to “Started” and Startup type to “Automatic”.

Also check the dependency services that are required for Volume Shadows Copy Service to run.
    To check that double click on the service and click on the
    Dependency tab.

If the issue persists, you may try disabling the antivirus program on the computer to check if it helps.

Method 2: Disable security software on the system.

Disable Antivirus and security-related products, if you have any Antivirus installed for (Free) uninstall it, if not then disable the Antivirus, try again to update and check if issue is resolved.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you
    have to temporarily disable it to install other software and\or troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is
    vulnerable to malware attacks

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Sep 24, 2016
  3. DanFWolfe Win User
    System Restore and backup restore not working on Windows 10

Original title:- Cannot restore backups, system image reset.

I had a problem with my op system and needed to restore. My restore points all did not work, My system image and all of my backups are on a drive that Windows says that I have to format before I can use it. My ISO disk says that the information they need
    to reinstall is missing on my PC. What am I suppose to do.. I cannot fix Windows without purchasing another copy?

DanFWolfe, Sep 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I suggest you download Revo Uninstaller. Install and run it.
    If Photoimpact isn't listed, click Force uninstall and browse to Photoimpact's install folder, and select an exe file, preferably the main executable.

Let Revo uninstall this, and at each scan, ensure you check and then accept the result (it can be easy to click the wrong option and skip on), and so delete found registry keys and files and folders.

Sometimes you need to repeat the above with other exe's some remain.

Restart and try installing your program.

As to System Restore- this has been a quite commonly reported issue for some years- you will find many results if you simply search for
    system restore 0x80070005

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  5. Neil23 Win User
    Thanks - the Revo uninstall removed.. and now re-installing... Windows Restore point ongoing....

Neil23, Sep 24, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Good. Here's what we recommend to give you a second chance, and to recover without technical help when things go wrong. Really wrong.

Creating disk images lets you restore Windows and all your disks and partitions to a previous working state, quickly and probably without technical help.

You can recover from:
    - a failed disk drive (restore to a new one)
    - ransomware (which encrypts your disk)
    - user error
    - unrecoverable problems from failed updates to problem programs
    - unbootable PC (hardware faults aside)

Images also act as a full backup- you can extract files too.

You can even use images to help you move more easily and quickly to a new PC.

Imaging can even help you sleep at night knowing you have a second chance.

Many here recommend Macrium Reflect (free) as a good robust solution and more reliable than some others. It’s
    - more feature rich
    - more flexible
    - more reliable
    than Windows Backup and Restore system images.

It's well supported with videos, help and a responsive forum.

There are other such programs, free/commercial, some with simpler interfaces, but Macrium R is one of the most robust and reliable.

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  7. Neil23 Win User
    ps.. although software reinstalled it still won't load - it freezes and then crashes...

Neil23, Sep 24, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi,
    1. Look at your event log (Event Viewer). See what that tells you. Maybe uninstalling the other program removed or changed sthg it needs.
    2. Try uninstalling it with Revo and reinstalling it.
    3. Does that program have a forum?

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  9. Neil23 Win User
    Coming back on this one as it still doesn't work...
    ie...
    Here is the PROBLEM
    Unable to load the Photoimpact software which has been working previously....
    Photoimpact starts to initialise and load but doesn't complete.... and crashes

Contacted Corel who have taken over photoimpact and they say the software isn't supported on Windows 10... but the software has run on this computer - windows 10 for several months no problem... (I also run this exact same software on my Windows 10 computer and no problem at all.. it works perfectly...)
    there is a forum for Photoimpact/Corel where I have posted but no replies....

My gut feeling is that this a computer issue but just don't know where to look..

Neil23, Sep 25, 2016
  10. Neil23 Win User
    For information to those that are ore knowledgeable than me...
    tried to load Photoimpact X3 and it crashed
    went to Event View on Windows 10 and the following 4 errors... any help to anyone as to what the problem might be?

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied.
    . This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.

Operation:
    Gathering Writer Data

Context:
    Writer Class Id: {7e47b561-971a-46e6-96b9-696eeaa53b2a}
    Writer Name: MSMQ Writer (MSMQ)
    Writer Instance Name: MSMQ Writer (MSMQ)
    Writer Instance ID: {3c8a6b4b-c662-4b47-9074-ada575d83686}

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied.
    . This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.

Operation:
    Gathering Writer Data

Context:
    Writer Class Id: {e8132975-6f93-4464-a53e-1050253ae220}
    Writer Name: System Writer
    Writer Instance ID: {02490b93-e72d-4d28-9e8d-b23173da013c}

Operation:
    Gathering Writer Data

Context:
    Writer Class Id: {7e47b561-971a-46e6-96b9-696eeaa53b2a}
    Writer Name: MSMQ Writer (MSMQ)
    Writer Instance Name: MSMQ Writer (MSMQ)
    Writer Instance ID: {3c8a6b4b-c662-4b47-9074-ada575d83686}

Operation:
    Gathering Writer Data

Context:
    Writer Class Id: {e8132975-6f93-4464-a53e-1050253ae220}
    Writer Name: System Writer
    Writer Instance ID: {02490b93-e72d-4d28-9e8d-b23173da013c}

Neil23, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with downloading software and system restore not working... - Similar Threads - Problem downloading software

2. System Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Problems: Evening.A bit earlier today I attempted to open a program I use often on my computer that caused it to blue screen. This was a first for me. After this happened a few times I managed to navigate my way through the blue screens of Advanced Startup Options back to a point where...
  3. System Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Problems: Evening.A bit earlier today I attempted to open a program I use often on my computer that caused it to blue screen. This was a first for me. After this happened a few times I managed to navigate my way through the blue screens of Advanced Startup Options back to a point where...
  4. System Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System restore problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore problem: Whenever I do a system restore on my PC it always gets a blue screen error and I can't understand why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-problem/44f71fa6-de4b-47cf-b106-d3e03a974b3f
  6. System restore problem

System restore problem: Whenever I do a system restore on my PC it always gets a blue screen error and I can't understand why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-problem/44f71fa6-de4b-47cf-b106-d3e03a974b3f
  7. Problem with System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with System Restore: i saw this post........ [Try to restore to an earlier working Windows 10. In the past, I had contacted the team to stop unchecking restore points when upgrading the version. Pretty sure they did this, so try restoring to an earlier setting with restore point. Then try to...
  8. System Restore Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Problem: HI, I recently installed old new explorer. Now i am not able to delete or remove the changes by it to my PC. I tried to restore to a point were it was working fine. This error comes up, "system restore failed to extract the file C:\Users\Rithish R S\iCloudDrive from the...
  9. System restore doesn't restore uninstalled software.

System restore doesn't restore uninstalled software.: Maybe I have a misunderstanding of how System Restore works. Yesterday I uninstalled a program that I'd like to now get back. The company that made the program no longer offers archive downloads for that program in particular. Today it occurred to me that I could do a System...
  10. System Restore not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore not working: I've tried system restore at couple of points. Every time it goes through it's thing and says "you system did change, file not found, most likely do to anti-virus software. I disable my Kaspersky and still the same thing. It gave an error # 0x8007005. If I need...