Windows 10: Problem with Edge

Discus and support Problem with Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Now I have been using Edge for a while now and while I find it not bad now there has been what I can only think an update that has left me with the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ICIT2LOL, Aug 7, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Problem with Edge

Now I have been using Edge for a while now and while I find it not bad now there has been what I can only think an update that has left me with the browser opening quite differently to what I had set up. ie open immediately with my emails, then each new tab with those pinned windows for often used sites.
    The taskbar is now missing or I have to move the cursor to the bottom of the screen to get it to show for as long as I keep the cursor there.
    New tabs are again opening with that awful and dreadfully dull and boring msn feed and I just cannot stand the rubbish that comes through with it I prefer just the few pinned often used sites but I cannot make head nor tail of how to get it back to what I want, and that is it open with emails then each new tab in Google with the pinned sites.

Any ideas please before I go back to Firefox. I do wish that stuff like this wouldn't happen I am not a child and this is just taking away my own personal preferences.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Aug 7, 2017

2. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Aug 7, 2017
  3. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Aug 7, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Problem with Edge

It sounds like some of your settings have got changed or reset.

The taskbar hiding is a setting you can change here:

Problem with Edge [​IMG]

The Edge settings allow you to specify a particular site you want opened when you start Edge and also what happewns when you open a new tab. Change them in the Edge Settings menu accessed from the three dots at far right of the menu bar:

Problem with Edge [​IMG]

philc43, Aug 7, 2017
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Thanks Phil I'll give that a whirl.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem with Edge

1. Problem with Edge - Similar Threads - Problem Edge

2. The new version of Edge BETA/DEV/CAN has problems with favorites syncing on the same laptop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The new version of Edge BETA/DEV/CAN has problems with favorites syncing on the same laptop...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/newecreator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dsnkfz/the_new_version_of_edge_betadevcan_has_problems/
  3. Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem: I need to save some webpages to pdf. I tried a Firefox extension Save as PDF, but that adds the company name to every page (fair enough - it's freeware). So I tried Microsoft Edge print to pdf function. Works OK, but for some reason, Edge adds a watermark of sorts 'Skip...
  4. YouTube on Edge Problems

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube on Edge Problems: Greetings! For the past 2-3 days or so I've noticed YouTube behaving weird while using regular Edge. At first it started with the YouTube DarkMode settings getting ignored and it reverting back to default LightMode. Later it came to the point where the entire Website would...
  5. REMOVE A HOTMAIL Account from Edge Browser Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVE A HOTMAIL Account from Edge Browser Problem: I followed instructions from another help thread that said - effectively that the email address used by EDGE was determined by the account signed in to Microsoft on the device -A Windows 10 PC in my case - I removed that account from my windows settings in accordance to the...
  6. gmail problems with outlook and edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gmail problems with outlook and edge: I can't change my gmail password in outlook using edge as my browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-problems-with-outlook-and-edge/6d6489f9-1065-4877-b5de-e62c1808f40f
  7. Problems printing PDF after Windows 10 update, works with Adobe but not Edge etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems printing PDF after Windows 10 update, works with Adobe but not Edge etc.: Hi Many at my work have trouble printing PDF-files after the latest major Windows 10 update. It worked earlier this summer but now very many cant get their PDF to the printers. The standard PDF-viewer is set to Edge after update, so all PDF-files opens up automatically in...
  8. unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it: unable to acess start up menu or Microsoft edge please fix problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-start-up-menu-or-microsoft-edge/989471fe-8634-4c30-8ac2-632e94c14b95
  9. Microsoft Edge problems with online payments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge problems with online payments: Hello, My name is Asen and I have been using Microsoft Edge since almost the very beginning of the browser. It was not my primary browser at first but from almost two years it has been. It is true that I have some problems with web sites like Youtube since the last update in...
  10. Microsoft Edge search problem.

in Cortana
    Microsoft Edge search problem.: Every time I open Microsoft Edge, Yahoo appears instead of Bing. Even when I look up things, Yahoo powers the search. Its really annoying and its a time waster. Can anyone help me on this, like getting rid of yahoo from anything I look up. Best Regards, Doubled...