Problem with explorer.exe

Discus and support Problem with explorer.exe in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a very strange problem which I don't know how to deal with. Every time when I start a Window, I've got a black screen with the cursor and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by niumeko, Aug 3, 2018.

1. niumeko Win User

Hi,

I have a very strange problem which I don't know how to deal with. Every time when I start a Window, I've got a black screen with the cursor and after pressing "Ctrl+Alt+Delete' buttons in Task manager. I have to choose "File - New task" and write explorer.exe to be able to use my windows.
    Can someone help me? I'll really appreciate any advice how to solve it.

:)

niumeko, Aug 3, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Aug 3, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with explorer.exe - Similar Threads - Problem explorer exe

2. Windows 10 startup problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 startup problems: I have a Lenovo Thinkstation with Windows 10 installed on a SSD drive. Everything been running fine for months until this morning the while the PC is logging on started to exhibit erratic behavior, screen going blank, PC resetting and restart, etc. Currently It won't finish...
  3. Dell laptop windows 10 problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell laptop windows 10 problem: i bought a used laptop with no apps from the store and try to install Microsoft word app to my computer after finishing installing it asks me to update the computer and i click yes after 1 hr it finish updating and start preparing windows then it can't finish for about 24...
  4. problem with media files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with media files: I have a problem that I can't figure out what is it , But probably it's related to media files . the problem is when I try to open a video on any website using Microsoft edge I get errors , when I try to play a song using "sondcloud (beta)" Windows app once I click the song...
  5. windows updating problem

windows updating problem: how to solve this problem[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-updating-problem/2877ca7e-3023-4184-85a5-1a8aa138a897
  6. What is the problem with Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the problem with Microsoft?: The more Office, Windows version makes everything so difficult to use? The Office is hide feature, change location feature... Ex: can't preview when click to preview button in Excel 2016? In a nice day, My file is harmful with excel? What do you want me to do next... Why I...
  7. Unknown Problem <there are no titles in video library> of windows media player in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown Problem <there are no titles in video library> of windows media player in...: Dear Sir/Madam. The < video titles > do not appear in < Library of windows media player > in windows 10. Pro. The letters show that < update completed > whenever Library opened, and < there are no titles in video library >. I have already completed < Organization ->...
  8. Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...

Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...: So I've been having this boot loop problem for two days, lenovo logo shows up and then it says "attempting to recover installation" and then quickly switch to saying "restoring your previous version of windows" and the pc restart again. I've managed to get into windows by...
  9. File Explorer Refuses to Open on My PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Refuses to Open on My PC: File Explorer will refuse to open on my PC. when I double click on the icon in my taskbar and start menu, the screen will go black for a second (excluding taskbar) and nothing else will happen....
  10. HP Photosmart Essentials V.3.5. connection problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Photosmart Essentials V.3.5. connection problems: I had HP Photosmart Essentials V.3.5. in my computer but could not connect it to the internet or download additional scrapbook designs from http://update.hpphoto.com. So, I uninstalled the program and reinstalled again it from HP but have the same problems. I need the...