Windows 10: Problem with Firefox/Facebook script - page unresponsive and freezes

Discus and support Problem with Firefox/Facebook script - page unresponsive and freezes in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm experiencing a constant problem involving a script while using Firefox browser, with Facebook open. A pop up window on the page advises me that... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sassofalco, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Problem with Firefox/Facebook script - page unresponsive and freezes

I'm experiencing a constant problem involving a script while using Firefox browser, with Facebook open.

A pop up window on the page advises me that the following script is causing the problem....

https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php...HGcTRu_E.js:25

...and gives me a choice to "Cancel, Debug, or Continue" ??

I don't understand the nature of Scripts and am therefore at a complete loss, and confused about how to deal to the problem to sort it out.

Firefox becomes very sluggish, unresponsive and freezes when this annoying event happens.

A guess suggests that Java Script is associated with it.

:)

sassofalco, Sep 11, 2017

2. Unresponsive Firefox

I keep getting Firefox not responding messages and script unresponsive messages, freezing my screen. How do I fix these? I am running Windows 10 and I am not very computer savvy.

Photohound, Sep 11, 2017
  3. Unresponsive script error in Firefox browser

I presently use Windows 110 and Firefox for my browser. Lately, when I am online I am getting a pop up. It says unresponsive script and gives me three choices, continue, debug script or stop script. It seems no matter which one I click on, the screen
    seems to freeze up and none of these I click on make any difference. Could someone tell me why I am getting this pop up and if there is anyway to resolve this problem

ThomasHigginsWP, Sep 11, 2017
Thema:

Problem with Firefox/Facebook script - page unresponsive and freezes

1. Problem with Firefox/Facebook script - page unresponsive and freezes - Similar Threads - Problem Firefox Facebook

2. Black page on Facebook in Firefox on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black page on Facebook in Firefox on Win 11: The other day Win 11 security started popping up wanting to use the camera to make sure it's me even though I logged in with the camera. After looking in the windows security stuff my Facebook screen turns black on log in. Can't figure out how to fix it. I use Firefox and I...
  3. Black page on Facebook in Firefox on Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black page on Facebook in Firefox on Win 11: The other day Win 11 security started popping up wanting to use the camera to make sure it's me even though I logged in with the camera. After looking in the windows security stuff my Facebook screen turns black on log in. Can't figure out how to fix it. I use Firefox and I...
  4. Unresponsive script

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unresponsive script: Windows 10 64bit version 2004 Firefox browser.I keep getting an unresponsive script message saying it may be busy or not responding,the options are to "stop the script"or to "continue to see if it will complete".What is the cause of this message and which of the options would...
  5. Chrome, Firefox, Edge - intermittently superslow w unresponsive pages

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome, Firefox, Edge - intermittently superslow w unresponsive pages: I have a Dell Latitude E6410, Windows 10 Pro, version 1903 (OS Build 18362.959), i7 processor, 8GB RAM. Whether I use Chrome, Firefox or Edge, they are intermittently insanely slow, pages won't load, gmail says something is wrong. I have uninstalled & reinstalled, cleared the...
  6. Saved Facebook page do not display well anymore (Firefox browser)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved Facebook page do not display well anymore (Firefox browser): Hello everyone. I need help please. I used to save monthly posts from my Facebook group as a archive, and was able to view them offline opening them with Firefox. Then, I did something stupid, following a problem with Firefox, and went into the property of one of those...
  7. Facebook page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facebook page: When signing in, FB page briefly then get an error that this page can not be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-page/661038a2-d748-4ff6-89c7-5b0f53d65df8
  8. Facebook videos crashing Firefox

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Facebook videos crashing Firefox: Hi, folks Since 2 weeks videos in FB which are being played automatically crash the browser for couple of seconds. Then I have to refresh it. I am using not the latest drivers for AMD and Intel but also with the newest it is still the same. Can anyone please tell me what...
  9. Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.: I'd stopped using Firefox on my laptop for several month's due to multiple issues. However, yesterday I opened FF and everything was working fine. I started posting on FB and everything worked perfectly, then one of my posts just disappeared (the primary reason I stopped...
  10. Unresponsive script

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive script: Unresponsive script with Windows 10. A lot of websites cause this issue, the computer and/or browser go off into busy never never land, and even when I get control back it is slow or goes back to never never land !! I looked up reasons and fixes ands none of them seem to...