Windows 10: Problem with font files (Location?)

Discus and support Problem with font files (Location?) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I Right-Click on a font file I see the choice to Install, or Install for all users; my question is what the difference is? I was under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by crash01369, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Problem with font files (Location?)

When I Right-Click on a font file I see the choice to Install, or Install for all users; my question is what the difference is? I was under the impression that all files were stored in the windows fonts directory (C:\Windows\Fonts) but this makes it seem as if there is a user-specific location?

I've recently discovered a lot of my fonts seem to have disappeared, and I'm hoping I can find them in this alternative location and re-install them so the files that were using them before will work correctly.

I would be happy to elaborate if anyone needs more detail but all I'm trying to do is find a file so I can reinstall it.

Thanks for the help.

:)

crash01369, Aug 10, 2018

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Font's

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to the size of menu and palettes. We will assist you with it.

Before we proceed, we request you to check the following suggestion and revert to us.

• I suggest you to check if the problem happens with a specific font or with multiple fonts.
    • I suggest you to install the font and check if things work fine after reboot.
    • Check if Windows accessibility setting is turned on.

I suggest you to refer the answers of Mr. Ronnie Vernon, from the following link.

how to change font size under icon in windows 8

Note: The steps provided in the link also applies to Windows 10 as well.

Reply us with the result to assist you better.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Problem with font files (Location?)

Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Problem with font files (Location?)

1. Problem with font files (Location?) - Similar Threads - Problem font files

2. Location Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location Problems: I've been struggling to understand why my location is not working. I'm currently using Windows 10 and for the last year, I have not been able to use my location for any applications, my location is on, but it is not detecting where I am at. If there's any solution or needed...
  3. Location Problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location Problems: I've been struggling to understand why my location is not working. I'm currently using Windows 10 and for the last year, I have not been able to use my location for any applications, my location is on, but it is not detecting where I am at. If there's any solution or needed...
  4. Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file: hi Microsoft Team, I want to report the Chinese fonts display problem in PDF files.Below is the similar case I saw in community.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/edge-pdf-chinese-characters-display/10349b0f-3ee9-436e-bc94-6351be088cc8But I think it...
  5. Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file: hi Microsoft Team, I want to report the Chinese fonts display problem in PDF files.Below is the similar case I saw in community.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/edge-pdf-chinese-characters-display/10349b0f-3ee9-436e-bc94-6351be088cc8But I think it...
  6. Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Font Size Problem in File Explorer

Font Size Problem in File Explorer: When is Microsoft going to fix the tiny font size problem in File Explorer? This is ridiculous and frustrating! How many millions of users need to complain before "you guys" listen and fix this very annoying problem?...
  8. Font Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Font Problem: Hello, I have tried to delete all fonts because I had a lot of them and followed a tutorial and deleted them from the registry editor then the system failed to load and I used a restore point to fix the problem and windows somehow worked after several restarts, but I faced a...
  9. Font Problem?

Font Problem?: I have a program, Aldfaer, that shows in the titlebar see image left of the word 'Doneer!' a ? in stead of the €sign. Below in front of '71' and '1700' also a question mark in stead of +/- In my research it appears to be a Dell pc problem because many Dell users have the...
  10. Font Problem

Font Problem: [ATTACH] Hey y'all recently i've had a font issue where all my fonts turned into weird symbols and was able to (partially) resolve it with the help of a youtube guide. But, the fonts for windows or tabs or wtv like the one in the picture have not returned to default font and...