Windows 10: Problem with font in microsoft word 2013

Discus and support Problem with font in microsoft word 2013 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem. I bought a new laptop and the font is quite different to the font I use on my windows 8. Please can someone help me to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AkiraKonami, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Problem with font in microsoft word 2013

Hello,

I have a problem. I bought a new laptop and the font is quite different to the font I use on my windows 8. Please can someone help me to fix this problem?

Here's the right font.

Problem with font in microsoft word 2013 [​IMG]

My font now in Windows 10 - Word 2013.

Problem with font in microsoft word 2013 [​IMG]

The wrong font and how it looks. It looks weird and "skinny". I have no idea. I read some tutorial about DPI and if I disabled it from the compatibility. I did that and this didn't change. For now I'm using my old laptop because this is such a frustrating problem. Please help me to fix it.

Thanks a lot.

:)

AkiraKonami, Jul 15, 2016

2. Font problems Windows 10

Neither screen shot is really helpful. You need to either increase the zoom considerably, increase the font size considerably, or clip the screen shot to just a portion of the screen (or all three). But you may well find other threads on this subject; Word
    2013 changed the type of antialiasing, I believe (abandoning ClearType), and many users find it distracting. There's a long-running thread on this subject
    here.

If you search for "Word 2013 antialiasing," you'll get a lot of hits with reference to "blurred" or "blurry" fonts. One page that purports to offer a solution just says to disable hardware graphics acceleration (always worth a try: instructions
    here). There's another discussion at

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/blurry-fonts-poor-display-scaling-office-2013

There's a UserVoice request to restore ClearType here.
    You might want to add your vote (it doesn't seem to have received many).

Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jul 15, 2016
  3. MS Digital Image Suite 2006 Anniversary Edition Editor (Installing/Using Fonts)

Could be a limitation of the program. Digital Image Suite 2006 is 10 years old. Microsoft Word 2013 is just 4 years old.

You could try uninstall then reinstall the font to see if it works.

Also, does the font show up in other programs such as Microsoft Paint, WordPad or Character Map?

Andre Da Costa, Jul 15, 2016
Thema:

Problem with font in microsoft word 2013

1. Problem with font in microsoft word 2013 - Similar Threads - Problem font microsoft

2. Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word: Hello, I've noticed that some fonts are missing in Microsoft Word on my Windows 10 PC. These are fonts that I've used before, but now they're no longer available in the font menu. I've checked the Fonts folder in Control Panel, and the fonts are still installed on my...
  3. Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word: Hello, I've noticed that some fonts are missing in Microsoft Word on my Windows 10 PC. These are fonts that I've used before, but now they're no longer available in the font menu. I've checked the Fonts folder in Control Panel, and the fonts are still installed on my...
  4. Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have a problem with Microsoft Word 2013

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a problem with Microsoft Word 2013: I have a problem with microsoft word 2013. The problem is that when I select a blank page and try and type I keep getting theses rectangle boxes, Please see picture and Hopefully some kind sole will help me remove them. Sorry if this in the wrong group Thanks for...
  6. Downloaded fonts not working in Microsoft Word.

Downloaded fonts not working in Microsoft Word.: I can download different fonts from online and they show up in my "font bank", but they will not work on a word document. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-fonts-not-working-in-microsoft-word/18c1523a-defa-4a9e-af4c-35bcb8926d67
  7. Word 2013 with a border

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word 2013 with a border: Hi, Using a word document & inserting an image. I was attempting to add space around the image as it was too close to the text. From then on it seems, I have an internal box which now surrounds my text which I cannot delete. Your help would be much appreciated. Thank You....
  8. Word 2013

Word 2013: Attention my words 2013 disappear from my laptop Having issues printing & things like I WROTE with Words 2013 Turn to pads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2013/b86e27da-bbc6-46c6-bfa6-2d820cb04a66
  9. File-save as problem in Word 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    File-save as problem in Word 2013: When I try to save a doc in Word 2013, the save field does not have the title of the doc I want to save.It is of some other doc used in the past so I have to enter the name of the doc I am wanting to save.Is there anything I can do to solve this ? 132157
  10. Office Word 2013: How to change the font of footnote numbering?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Word 2013: How to change the font of footnote numbering?: Does anybody know how you change the font of the footnote numbering in a document? Whenever I insert footnote, I get the number (1, 2, 3 ...) in "Times New Romans." I am using "Arial" for my writing, but I want the font "Tahoma" for the numbers of the footnotes. Is there any...