Windows 10: problem with full screen start menu

Discus and support problem with full screen start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I set the start menu to display in full screen it becomes finicky. It sometimes won't open at all. If I go back and change one item it will start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ruggb, Jun 27, 2015.

1. ruggb Win User

problem with full screen start menu

when I set the start menu to display in full screen it becomes finicky.
    It sometimes won't open at all. If I go back and change one item it will start working again.
    It seems like it does not matter which item I chg. If I chg it back it will keep working for a while.

any ideas what is happening?

:)

ruggb, Jun 27, 2015

2. Start menu on full screen

Thank you! That's exactly what it was!

AngelaOliver1, Jun 27, 2015
  3. Start menu on full screen

My start menu is all of a sudden on full-screen. I have tried going into settings to change, but use full screen is turned off in the settings. I also do not have my desk top icons when I switch to the desktop. I have tried both a restart and a shutdown.
    Any suggestions?

AngelaOliver1, Jun 27, 2015
Thema:

problem with full screen start menu

1. problem with full screen start menu - Similar Threads - problem full screen

2. Windows 11 Start menu full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Start menu full screen: A couple years back, shortly after Windows 11 was released, I read an article on the Microsoft website saying that developers were working to bring back the full screen Start menu. Fast forward to now, and it's still the same. Just wondering what's going on with this. The...
  3. Windows 11 Start menu full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start menu full screen: A couple years back, shortly after Windows 11 was released, I read an article on the Microsoft website saying that developers were working to bring back the full screen Start menu. Fast forward to now, and it's still the same. Just wondering what's going on with this. The...
  4. Start Menu full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu full screen: Hello Community, Recently i buy Microsoft surface i dont know how start menu become full screen even i off from start menu setting how to off full screen start menu kindly see the screen short. [IMG] Kind regards,...
  5. Full screen "start menu" stuck in full screen mode

Full screen "start menu" stuck in full screen mode: I have three different Acer computers all running the latest release of Windows 10 home. All have processed the latest October 8th release updates to 1903. One user account on one computer is "stuck" in full screen mode. The same user account on the other two are "normal."...
  6. Start menu only opens in full screen mode

Start menu only opens in full screen mode: My start menu does not open when I click the icon or press the windows key. It does open when I switch it to full screen mode. This actually happened several months ago, but I have been dealing with the full screen mode option due to schedule. However recently it has really...
  7. Start Menu Full Screen not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start Menu Full Screen not working: Hi, I have been trying to switch my start up window to my start menu. However, whenever I enable the option "Full screen," in (settings=>personalization=>Start), there are no changes whatsoever taking place. I have tried restarting the PC to no avail. I am kindly requesting...
  8. Start menu full screen can't adjust

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu full screen can't adjust: This is on a W10home32bit install, the start menu is stuck on full screen. Settings/personalization/start/ "use start full screen" is OFF. Can't mouse the edge/top and make it smaller. Also cannot change the view of all apps, they are all over the screen instead of a left...
  9. "Desktop" shortcut for full-screen start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Desktop" shortcut for full-screen start menu?: My mom just got a new tablet which came with Windows 10. I'm trying to set it up to be as similar as she was used to with Windows 8.1 I know with the full-screen start menu, you can technically just press the Windows key a second time to return to the desktop view you were...
  10. Full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Full screen start menu: Ah ha I found you at last. Reason being, I rather liked that aspect of windows 8-8.1 so I was glad to find the option for it again under personalise and start menu options. Some of you may want that back! who knows but it's in there. 13551