Windows 10: Problem with HP Printer Driver

Discus and support Problem with HP Printer Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Driver Program opens fine, goto select software wanna install, stops dead there, click on to Continue, nothing happens, even tried another mouse no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMDMan2016, May 13, 2017.

1. Problem with HP Printer Driver

Driver Program opens fine, goto select software wanna install, stops dead there, click on to Continue, nothing happens, even tried another mouse no luck, WIndows 10 Pro 64bit Creators 15063.296, Logitech Mouse, G600 8.92.67 driver for that.

Printer is Deskjet F4480

:)

AMDMan2016, May 13, 2017
  2. Andre_401 Win User

How to install a HP LaserJet 1200 printer in Windows 10

I have had the same problem. The printer was added as an USB-device, not as a printer.

In my case the problem was not the printer driver but the HP USB-driver (DOT4).

- Search on the internet on 'hp laserjet 1200 usb driver windows 10'

Downloads van HP software en drivers voor HP printers, laptops, desktops en meer | HP® Klantondersteuning

- Download from the HP driver site the 'HP Laserjet USB (DOT4) communication driver for Windows 8 or higher'

and install it. A port DOT4 is added.

- Add the printer. I used the standard Windows-driver (HP Laserjet1200 PCL5).

Andre_401, May 13, 2017
  3. Cliff856 Win User
    Snipping tool crashes when printing

I have the same problem with an HP printer, universal driver 6.4.1.22169

Cliff856, May 13, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Problem with HP Printer Driver

Are you trying the install using the latest W10 x64 package from HP?
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers.../model/3742085

If so (and no joy), have you tried going to device manager, right clicking anything with a yellow exclamation mark, and selecting "update driver?"

5. Yes done that, tried everything so far I think

After Customizing Software in the Installation, click on Ok and does nothing, I even tried another usb mouse, PC restart, Admin account install, and regular standard user with entering admin password, no go at all in anything I tried so far

Clean Installed on April 17th 2017
    Western Digital SSD Drive, smart test ran, no errors found, chkdsk I can run later if need be

willing to do another clean install if need, system reset or fresh start if need be, just want all working right and then i'll relax and be happy

Well Basic driver working via Windows Update, not sure why the full install isn't, but I guess this will do for now

AMDMan2016, May 13, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Well, glad you got it half working anyway.

7. Berton Win User
    Not sure it applies but I have seen problems with older to slightly older printers having issues with USB 3.0 ports where they work fine connected to USB 2.0 ports. One client I dealt with would get half-a-page printed when the computer would lose communication with the printer when plugged into USB 3.0 port on her new computer.

Berton, May 13, 2017
  8. Problem with HP Printer Driver

Yes plugged into usb 2.0 port

AMDMan2016, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem with HP Printer Driver

1. Problem with HP Printer Driver - Similar Threads - Problem Printer Driver

2. HP printer problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer problem: I have a HP Photosmart 6525 printer and just replaced the HP ink cartridges. All seems OK but only puts out blank paper?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-problem/7807e88b-d7b1-4877-a894-cf1601f3c89c
  3. Hp printer problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp printer problems: Please, help. I have the old printer Hp Laserjet P2055d. I tried to install it on my laptop Asus Zenbook, I installed a universal driver UPD PCL6, but I couldn't resolve the problem which I had - the printer prints one small piece of text twice on one page, seems it has...
  4. HP printer driver problem

HP printer driver problem: Hi guys - I have a tiny HP Deskject 3720. The other day I had to switch my modem off and on again for another reason and I seem to have lost the printer. First it said it was 'offline', now it is saying there is a driver problem and the printer is greyed out from the...
  5. HP Printer Driver Problem

HP Printer Driver Problem: Downloaded the printer driver for HP LaserJet Pro 400 series, M451dn. Attempted to install, restarted, unplugged, restarted again and continue to get the fatal error message unable to install. Works fine on other computers without Windows 10 Pro....
  6. HP Printer driver problem.

HP Printer driver problem.: Lately when I run windows update I see this: A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install. Then if I say retry I get this: Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 12:00:00 AM - 44.1.2402.1741 Successfully...
  7. Hp printer driver

Hp printer driver: Why is it that before I updated windows 10 (and paid for the renewal) my printer is no longer able to print? HP Officejet 4580 all in one, anyone have this same problem and if so how did you get it fixed. BTW I prefer not to buy a new printer and am not happy with being...
  8. HP C4180 Printer Driver Installation Problems

HP C4180 Printer Driver Installation Problems: Hi all, Been trying to install my HP C4180 Printer drivers (latest drivers from manufacturer's website) but have been encountering repeated errors. The drivers install fine until the part where the Installation Wizard request you connect the Printer via USB. The...
  9. Problems with hp printer

Problems with hp printer: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now find that when I click on the hp Solution Centre icon, nothing happens. I was previously using Windows 8.1 pro and if I wanted to scan anything I just opened the solution centre and got on with the job. I did a clean install of...
  10. HP Printer Problem

HP Printer Problem: I've recently run into problems with my HP LaserJet 2100 printer. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the device and Windows 10 succesfully downloads the relevant printer driver but no success printing. Looking at the device in Device Manager I can see the message:...