Windows 10: Problem with ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller

Discus and support Problem with ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello -- Windows 10 Pro TH2 x64, i7-980x, Truckee 1.04 motherboard. Upon reinstalling Windows, it keeps trying to install ICH10 Family USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Taurean75, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Taurean75 Win User

Problem with ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller

Hello --

Windows 10 Pro TH2 x64, i7-980x, Truckee 1.04 motherboard.

Upon reinstalling Windows, it keeps trying to install ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller drivers for XP.

In Device Manager :

Problem with ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller [​IMG]

When I try install drivers using online search (Windows Update):

Problem with ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller [​IMG]

The driver name is "OEM15.INF". I tried Driver Booster, Driver Max and Driver Toolkit to no avail. The thing is, I didn't have this problem before re-installation a couple of days ago. Maybe it's TH2?

Please advise.

:)

Taurean75, Nov 30, 2015

2. My 16299 live system still doesn't recognize mouse/keyboard

Even after Update KB4090913 system start up does not activate my Logitech Unifying Receiver on the built in USB 2 ports on this desktop. Luckily I have an add on USB 3 device which will recognize the Logitech after. Home screen appears but it does mean that
    I cannot access the bios on start up. I have tried to manually update the drivers but the system always reports an error in installing drivers. This is a Windows 10 problem as I have the Preview version on a dual menu on the same PC on another partition which
    does start normally and does recognises the ports.

In Device Manager these USB ports are Highlighted as Unknown Devices and If I try to update them the updes reults in errors.

Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device

Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A38

Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A35

Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A37

Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A34

Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A39

Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A36

an error occured during the installation of the device

Mike Hitchcock, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Problem with ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller Drivers

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if the driver is corrupt or not installed properly.

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on search bar next to Start Menu.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I would suggest you to update the latest driver for Universal Serial Bus ports in Device Manager. Check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers and try to update all the drivers in the list.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Scan for hardware changes.

5. Then right click on driver and click on Disable.

6. Then right click on it again and click on Enable.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Taurean75 Win User

Taurean75, Dec 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Problem with ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - Similar Threads - Problem ICH10 Family

2. USB host controller question - multiple host controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB host controller question - multiple host controllers: Windows 10 desktop PC has two USB Host Controllers installed. See attached image. AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 MicrosoftandAMD USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft Do we need both of them? The USB ports work for USB thumbdrives but not for a...
  3. EHCI host controller problems and usb constantly disconnecting

EHCI host controller problems and usb constantly disconnecting: 587 / 5000Risultati della traduzionehi, I have an HP Z800 workstation with windows 10 installed on it, I use it to work in the music field, so I use various hardware and an audio interface for audio conversion. It often happens to me that the sound skips along with the audio...
  4. Problems with ASMedia USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller

Problems with ASMedia USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller: HI, was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I have a desktop with two 3.1 (gen 2) ports; one each of type A and C on an ASMedia host controller. Plus a number of USB 3.0 (gen 1)ports. The 3.1 host controller has the latest driver (10.0.19041.662 - nov 2020) and...
  5. Universal Serial Bus Controller - USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller has yellow warning -...

Universal Serial Bus Controller - USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller has yellow warning -...: Hi, support I have a GA-H110M-S2PH Gigabyte motherboard with a Core i3-6100 processor I built back in 2016. I installed Windows 8.1 back then and then I upgraded to Windows 10, all working correctly without a problem. Recently after a windows 10 update in August-Sept 2020,...
  6. USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem

USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem: I have a new HP Envy x360 with WIFI 6. I cannot connect to iTunes with any Apple device I own. iPhone Xr, iPhone 4S, iPad AIR, iPad AIR 2nd and 4th gen. Latest iPad Apple support had me try multiple tests, they cannot locate any issues, Apple case #101228548743. HP says...
  7. USB Host Controller error.

USB Host Controller error.: Can you please advise steps to resolve the issue? I did try to update the driver but it is reported as using the latest one. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-host-controller-error/ecaaf497-7ae5-4a9c-861e-5ddf167431cd
  8. Multiple "Inter(R) ICH10 Family USB enhanced host controller XXXX shows in device manger

Multiple "Inter(R) ICH10 Family USB enhanced host controller XXXX shows in device manger: They show up again right after i delete them, and computer halts sometimes when disconnecting / connecting usb dervices. is it hardware / software problem? [ATTACH]...
  9. USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem

USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem: Hello, I just don't know where to start. I'm trying to fix this issue for a week now and can't figure it out. My USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller is missing rom my device manager list. It's hiden when i got no usb flash connected to it. As soon as i Connect something to...
  10. USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem

USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem: Hello, I just don't know where to start. I'm trying to fix this issue for a week now and can't figure it out. My USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller is missing rom my device manager list. It's hiden when i got no usb flash connected to it. As soon as i Connect something to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix an IntelR ICH10 Family USB Host Controller error 40

2. ich10 windows update 1809

3. ich10 family usb drivers issues