Windows 10: Problem with IE browser

Discus and support Problem with IE browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi There Whenever I open my IE 11 browser, it shows 2 previous tabs from earlier searches. Although I can close them down, they still appear... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by frenchman96, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Problem with IE browser

Hi There
    Whenever I open my IE 11 browser, it shows 2 previous tabs from earlier searches.

Although I can close them down, they still appear whenever I open IE ?

:)

frenchman96, Nov 11, 2016

2. IE Browser Problems

I stopped using the app ages ago because it was too buggy but i can't remember it throwing me back to home screen. I am using lumia 620.

AdrianFinn, Nov 11, 2016
  3. IE Browser Problems

Does this same behavior occur if you use the Facebook app?

What device are you using?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 11, 2016
  4. nt62 Win User

Problem with IE browser

depends on what you want to open

One option is to start with a blank page
    Find the GEAR at the top right > click it > select Internet options > select the GENERAL tab
    one option is to enter about:blank > always starts explorer with a blank screen

Problem with IE browser [​IMG]

5. Winuser Win User
    Did you check your settings in Internet Options?

Problem with IE browser [​IMG]

Winuser, Nov 11, 2016
  6. Hi Guys

Thanks for such a quick reply...

nt62) I should have said"when I open my Google home page"

winuser) I see no reason to check settings (right or wrongly) as I have been using my IE for years daily, I have no other problem with it, apart from these previous tabs. The winow/page is no problem at all

frenchman96, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem with IE browser

1. Problem with IE browser - Similar Threads - Problem browser

2. Windows 10 Touchpad intermittent problems in browsers only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Touchpad intermittent problems in browsers only: Touchpad problems: Two-fingers scrolling get stuck in Chrome and Edge browsers. Clicks and Taps responses are missing. Symptoms are short term intermittent happen 5 - 10% of the time. On installed applications touchpad works fine. This is brand new Asus UX331 laptop Win10...
  3. Browser Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Problem: I think there is a problem with my laptop, every time I launched my PC, the command prompt will appear then suddenly it will disappear, then the Google Chrome browser will open even though I didn't click it. I don't know what's happening so please can you help me? This is...
  4. a problem with firefox been the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    a problem with firefox been the default browser: This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st screen capture attachment bellow. I click yes and the default app window opens up. See the 2nd screen capture attachment bellow....
  5. a problem with firefox been the default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a problem with firefox been the default browser: This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st screen capture attachment bellow. I click yes and the default app window opens up. See the 2nd screen capture attachment bellow....
  6. Problem with all web browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with all web browsers: All of the controls and shortcut bar keep disappearing from all browsers. Chrome, Firefox and Edge. I have to reboot to get them back. This is happening 2 - 3 times a day and is getting annoying. The example below is using Edge. [ATTACH]...
  7. This setting is managed by your administrator problem for app & browser control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This setting is managed by your administrator problem for app & browser control: In app & browser control were occour red words on " this setting is managed by your administrator". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/this-setting-is-managed-by-your-administrator/d078b8b9-6567-4365-9610-4d445c909ef8
  8. "Notification" that Chrome ran into a problem, so my OS is making MS Edge my default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Notification" that Chrome ran into a problem, so my OS is making MS Edge my default browser: How do I prevent Win10 from replacing a default program I chose, with some Microsoft product? Replacing my browser with Edge as my "default" is an example. I get a "Notification" (represented by a little 'word bubble' at the bottom right of my screen) that Firefox or Chrome...
  9. display and browser problems after recent update in windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    display and browser problems after recent update in windows: unable to change the brightness settings(intensity,nightmode) and unable to use the right click of mouse in browsers and cant even enter full screen mode (mozilla)...
  10. I am having problems with my xbox 360 slim it will not upgrade my web browser and says my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having problems with my xbox 360 slim it will not upgrade my web browser and says my...: i cannot upgrade my browser and it says my url is wrong how do i fix my xbox 360 slim? * Moved from IE9/Win7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/i-am-having-problems-with-my-xbox-360-slim-it-will/2455d347-8101-421c-926a-bced52d189e5