Windows 10: Problem with input languages (changing)

Discus and support Problem with input languages (changing) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello to all! I have a weird problem and it doesn't happen all the time, so I can't reproduce it. I spotted it 7-8 months ago and it happens again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by delijohn, Nov 16, 2016.

1. delijohn Win User

Problem with input languages (changing)

Hello to all!
    I have a weird problem and it doesn't happen all the time, so I can't reproduce it.
    I spotted it 7-8 months ago and it happens again and again, more and more. The truth is that it's more irritating, than an actual problem.
    I use a computer that has two input languages. Greek and English (US). SOMETIMES, i observe that when i change languages with alt+shift, sometimes it doesn't change language and it stays in english. So when i click on the languages, i see this:

Problem with input languages (changing) [​IMG]

So I have to cycle through 3 languages for no reason. And it's irritating. Especially when uk english is the wrong layout for me. I didn't install any languages and any program recently. I have the same problem at Word:

But when i check my windows 10 settings, i see nothing weird neither at control panel nor at the settings. What's your opinion? What going on? Recently I moved to switzerland and nothing changed with the problem, when I changed my "location" in my settings.

That's my settings right now and the languages again with "problem"..

When I Restart, the computer works ok and my languages are like this:

ps: Usually i have only two languages, english(us) and greek and i cycle through them correctly.

:)

delijohn, Nov 16, 2016
  2. nero---01 Win User

Changing input languages on the fly

I know how to do it drilling down through all the menus but it's quite inconvient to have to do that on a message by message basis.

I want my phone's interface to be in English at all times. However when it comes time to write SMS I'd like the default to be Spanish. What I really need is an easy way to switch the input language to English or Italian. My old phone had a 2 button mechanism
    for doing so but I can't find any tricks so far on my Nokia.

Just yesterday I picked up my N70 after a few years on Sony Ericsson...so the entire GUI is going to take some time to get used to but this board is a big help so far.

Thanks.

nero---01, Nov 16, 2016
  3. Changing input languages on the fly

Hi Nero,

I know it has been a while since you've posted this but I'm having the same difficulty with my Nokia E65 using Symbian 60 3.0

Did you ever found a solution?

Thanks,

Ido

idophir---01, Nov 16, 2016
  4. delijohn Win User

Anyone??*Rolleyes
    *bump*

delijohn, Nov 19, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    You have 3 English Keyboards installed, so when you cycle, it will cycle once a Keyb per time what means to reach the GR Keyb you will have to press the spacebar 4 times, other wise you will be on a EN Keyb.
    What I suggest you is to remove all the unneeded Keyb.

Adalwar, Nov 19, 2016
  6. delijohn Win User
    I'm afraid you didn't read my post or you didn't understand me (maybe my english are not perfect).
    I only have english (us) and greek. Two languages. Every time I boot my pc, I have two languages. Sometimes, with no reason at all, without doing anything weird (not something that I know), the languages become three and english (uk) comes up.
    For example today, I have no problem with my languages. I was writing a lot, in forums or in Word and I had only two languages. Other times, I boot my pc and i have to reboot 2-3 times during the day, just because I have 3 languages out of nowhere.

delijohn, Nov 20, 2016
  7. Adalwar Win User
    What I would do was to uninstall all languages / keyboards you have installed and stay with native and re-install all by new.
    The are 2 Places where you have to uninstall Languages: 1) In Settings and 2) in Control Panel > Languages>Language X> Options >Delete Language Pack
    Set Display Language to Default (Change or Set the "Override Display Language" to "Use Language List"
    Set "Apply Language settings to Welcome Screen....." to this Defaults.
    Reboot

Now there are 2 options:
    1) You need also a English Display Language
    2) You only need a English Keyboard.

If only need a English Keyboard and not the ENglish Display for Menus and so on, the best is to go to Control Panel>Languages and ADD another "Input Method" to your native Keyboard ( you can access this by selecting the "Options" and on second line there is this option)

If you need also the English Display, then go first to Settings>Language and add 1 English . Windows will download the Language, it takes some time, you can watch the progress under "Options".
    After Download is complete, go to Control Panel, the Added Language should be there. Press Options , and there will be an Option to Download the Display Language Pack. Download it. It takes something to Download and install.

Like this the Language should be working normally. I have also 2 Display Languages and 3 Keyboards Installed and I have no issue.
    The only issue that I have, after rebooting the Keyboard Keys are set up to Display Languages, even if other Keyboard is Selected, but after some time it corrects it by itself.

Adalwar, Nov 20, 2016
  8. delijohn Win User

I don't have other languages. And the problem isn't with greek, but with english. I can't uninstall english.
    Look, now I booted my pc and I'm ok.

nothing extra to uninstall... after some time... english(uk) pops up, out of nowhere... that's the problem...

delijohn, Nov 20, 2016
  9. Adalwar Win User
    So, your OS Native Language is English (US) and you want to have GR support, right? Do you want also GR Display Language or only Keyb?
    As the UK poping up, it has been installed before and you did not Uninstall the Complete Package, just removed it.
    You have to go to Control Panel, Languages and ADD the English (UK) again. After this, go to its options and Delete the Package.
    After this, if in Languages the ENglish (UK) shows there, Delete it.

Adalwar, Nov 20, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    I second Adalwar's suggestion, just to try it.

Do you have another computer somewhere? Maybe settings are synced between them. Maybe left one with your account at home?

AndreTen, Nov 20, 2016
  11. AndreTen Win User
    Something is messed up with servers I guess. I have similar setup, and when setting English as default, ENG UK come up, which can't be deleted.

Only connection I have with En - UK, is that I have it in previous installation. Didn't touch it in current setup *Confused

AndreTen, Nov 21, 2016
  12. Adalwar Win User
    I had also issues with Keyb / Languages. They arrived because I had installed ENglish (US) and ENglish (UK) and did not uninstall fully the Downloaded packages.
    So, the solution is to , first, revert the system to its Native OS Languages. That one you can not Delete.
    Second, in Control Panel, re-add the Languages that are showing up wrongly and making sure to fully deleted the Packages in Options for the language. Also in Settings one should Control if there are those undesired Languages.
    at last, In control Panel, one must restore the default settings for Languages and for new Users/ new Account.
    After that a reboot and Install fully the Language one wants, first in Settings and then also in Control Panel.
    Reboot again and see if problem is gone.
    If not, may be is necessary to repeat all the procedure and do a In-Place Upgrade (Windows Repair).
    I do not know any other solution, that was what I did.
    That with Languages is not very well solved in W10, is something tricky, I even had situations after a Update my Settings Display was all mismatched, after another Update windows corrected it again.

Adalwar, Nov 21, 2016
  13. AndreTen Win User

Done that (and OP too). That UK (in my case) appeared suddenly, all by itself. Will try to do some rebooting...

AndreTen, Nov 21, 2016
  14. Adalwar Win User
    Please, tell me what is your Native OS language?

Adalwar, Nov 21, 2016
  15. Adalwar Win User
    I did ask before for the Native OS Language, but no answer.
    Well, without that I can not follow what might be going on there, nobody will do.
    May be you people ask by Microsoft Developers, they can help you.
    Just saying "UK is show up from nowhere" is not that much information.
    Cheers.

Adalwar, Nov 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Problem with input languages (changing) - Similar Threads - Problem input languages

2. Input Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  3. Input Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  4. Language input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language input: My display language is English and I prefer it this way but when it comes to input, I only need Polish Programmers and Hebrew. Polish keyboard is perfectly fine for both the English and the Polish languages but when it comes to using the English keyboard for Polish... Well,...
  5. Problem with language bar and input method

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with language bar and input method: Hi everyone, I have a little problem that is driving me nut, and I have no idea where to search to find solutions about it. First here is my "winver" window: [ATTACH] When I do Windows key + Space key, I got this menu that shows up: [ATTACH] As you probably know, that's...
  6. change input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    change input language: Hello, I just bought a hp Pavillion 360. Since my first language is Japanese, I tried to change the input language from English to Japanese. The basic language on display has been changed to Japanese successfully. However, I still have a difficulty in typing in Japanese. The...
  7. Input Language

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Language: Hello Gys Since couple of builds ago i miss the advance settings in language options so as for now im on build 1809. My Windows 10 is Greek but i want the primary input method to be English.so if i do that also my tiles and icons change from greek to english.If i make my...
  8. Input Language

in Windows 10 News
    Input Language: Hello Gys Since couple of builds ago i miss the advance settings in language options so as for now im on build 1809. My Windows 10 is Greek but i want the primary input method to be English.so if i do that also my tiles and icons change from greek to english.If i make my...
  9. Automatic Keyboard input language change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Keyboard input language change: Hello, I'm using surface pro 4 in Korea which was bought directly from America. So, English, (United States) US Keyboard and Korean IME are both on language preference. When I write something, I start with Korean IME and shift Korean to English and vice versa with simple...
  10. Automatic Keyboard input language change

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Keyboard input language change: Hello, I'm using surface pro 4 in Korea which was bought directly from America. So, English, (United States) US Keyboard and Korean IME are both on language preference. When I write something, I start with Korean IME and shift Korean to English and vice versa with simple...