Windows 10: Problem with Macrium Reflex

Discus and support Problem with Macrium Reflex in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Is anyone else having a problem using the free Macrium Reflex with Windows 10? I tried to install it and nothing went right with it. 14752 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Frank1, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Frank1 Win User

Problem with Macrium Reflex

Is anyone else having a problem using the free Macrium Reflex with Windows 10? I tried to install it and nothing went right with it.

:)

Frank1, Aug 9, 2015

2. Lost all data (pictures, music, word docs, excel docs) after Windows 10 upgrade

Save the folders to the cloud. OneDrive should also be saving them. You should also be making at least weekly backups of your system. I use Acronis True Image Home 2016. Others also recommend Macrium Reflex (free).

Cbarnhorst, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Replacing Hard drive - Windows 10 (upgraded) Product Key

Once upgraded the Windows 10 licensing is in the firmware. There is no Windows 10 product key unless you buy a retail copy of Windows 10. Your Windows 8 product key is of no consequence.

You can clean install Windows 10 without a product key and it will remain activated. If you see a request for a product key during installation simply ignore and click on DO LATER or SKIP. It will activate the first time it gets on the internet. You can
    also clone without disturbing the activation.

My recommendation is to use Macrium Reflex (free) to clone. Acronis has bad reports when an SSD is involved. The Acronis tool ships with Crucial SSDs and users say it doesn't work right. Macrium is highly regarded for this. A kit is inexpensive and worth
    the $25.

Cbarnhorst, Aug 9, 2015
  4. mopar3 Win User

Me too, but I got notice saying something like "This software is not compatible with this version of windows"

mopar3, Aug 9, 2015
  5. owensdj Win User
    I'm using the previous version of Reflect(5.3), and it's working fine. I did see an error during the download part of the install. I uninstalled Reflect and reinstalled.

owensdj, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Slash Win User
    I'm using 6.0 build 753 and it seams fine, no problems.

Slash, Aug 9, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    I had no problems installing and using the latest Macrium Reflect Free version on a clean Windows 10 install.

NavyLCDR, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Frank1 Win User

Well it's OK now. I got it installed and created and image. I found out that I had some bad DVDs which is the reason I couldn't make a rescue disk. But everything seems to be fine now. I have version 6.

Frank1, Aug 9, 2015
  9. lvgandhi Win User
    I am also using 6.0 build 753 and it seams fine, no problems.

lvgandhi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with Macrium Reflex - Similar Threads - Problem Macrium Reflex

2. Macrium problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium problem: I am using Macrium for long time. For the first time, it started hanging while creating image. I chose to cancel it. Still imaging did not stop. Then did end task macrium. Now C drive space reduced by 3.6 GB. Most probably macrium used storage. Where macrium will be storing...
  3. Macrium problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium problem: I am using Macrium for long time. For the first time, it started hanging while creating image. I chose to cancel it. Still imaging did not stop. Then did end task macrium. Now C drive space reduced by 3.6 GB. Most probably macrium used storage. Where macrium will be storing...
  4. Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused

Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused: After having a dead computer, I'm trying to set up my new one correctly. Seems like everyone loves Macrium, so I downloaded their free version. I also watched on-line tutorials and read lots of posts about it, but I'm way past confused at this point. All I was trying to do to...
  5. Macrium Problem??

Macrium Problem??: I have noticed this happening when I select "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows." I have 4 partitions all are checked by default but when I choose "Create an image...." only some of the partitions were being checked and imaged? i.e....
  6. Macrium Reflex

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Macrium Reflex: Ok I have my system backed up with Macrium,no here is the problem. Geating ready to upgrade computer with new Motherboard,CPU, SSD Drives,will my backup work on all this new stuff? Will Activation be a problem? Thanks Z 66032
  7. Thank God for my Macrium Reflex Boot Recovery . . . .

Thank God for my Macrium Reflex Boot Recovery . . . .: From Sleep, since recent updates, Windows will not boot . . . Question . . . .should I create a newer Macrium Reflect recovery disk? Current disk is saving my A**! 65846
  8. Macrium problems??

Macrium problems??: Not sure why this is happening, but tried to make a back up copy of C: to a spare SSD. C: =256GB w/ 32GB used by system. Destination is 120GB. (Only 2 partitions on this MBR setup) 1. Tried a clone first, reflect refused said there was not enough memory on the...
  9. Macrium Reflect credential problem

Macrium Reflect credential problem: The scheduled, daily image failed the 28 and 29 both with the error couldn't find the *.xml file. The backup had been doing fine for the past 3 or so weeks. Coincidentally, the program didn't recognize the user name or password. The user name was correct and so was the...
  10. Macrium Reflex Changed My Boot UP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflex Changed My Boot UP: After using Macrium Reflex Free version for several months I decided to purchase the Home edition. I did so and immediately found that when I boot, instead of going directly to Windows I am presented with a choice of continuing to boot to Windows or a Virtual Win PE...