Windows 10: problem with media files

Discus and support problem with media files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a problem that I can't figure out what is it , But probably it's related to media files . the problem is when I try to open a video on any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kareem Samy, Aug 14, 2018.

1. problem with media files

I have a problem that I can't figure out what is it , But probably it's related to media files .

the problem is when I try to open a video on any website using Microsoft edge I get errors , when I try to play a song using "sondcloud (beta)" Windows app once I click the song the application closes , Also when I play a video using "movies and TV" (windows default app) the video just keep refreshing .​

It's have been a while facing this issue and I've tried several methods to fix it but nothing worked .

Thanks.

:)

Kareem Samy, Aug 14, 2018

2. Media/File Server on the cheap

Hey guys,

My PC is currently filling up and i have 4 HDDs.

I use my PC as a media server as well as a gaming rig.

What I want/need to do is build an external enclosure/rig that is cheap money wise and effective as a file/media server that is DNLA compliant. It would be nice to be able to run my Usenet through it and control it via web interface and remote connect. I would use Linux if a step by step guide is available for setting up the DNLA server and such as well.

This is my first foray into this field of PCs. Help please! ^_^

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

problem with media files

Asus Ati 4870 1gb mpg2 video files problem

Obviously the problem is to do with windows media player using the default codecs, which cant handle vob files.

When you change the file association, the codecs from the CCCP are kicking in and the problem goes away.

I have a 4870 as well and havent seen this problem, i'd say your problem is definately not the video card, and is in fact related to the default codec your system is using.

Its hardly going to solve your problem, but i'd just suggest you rename the files as you have tried, or just stop using windows media player.

Mussels, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

problem with media files

1. problem with media files - Similar Threads - problem media files

2. Problem opening FTP media files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem opening FTP media files: Hello, I was wondering if you have any solutions on how to open video files from an external drive shared through a router without downloading it? Our WiFi router TP-link AC 1200 have an USB port where we can put external hard drive to it, and can share the files in the...
  3. Problem opening FTP media files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem opening FTP media files: Hello, I was wondering if you have any solutions on how to open video files from an external drive shared through a router without downloading it? Our WiFi router TP-link AC 1200 have an USB port where we can put external hard drive to it, and can share the files in the...
  4. Problem opening FTP media files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Problem opening FTP media files

Problem opening FTP media files: Hello, I was wondering if you have any solutions on how to open video files from an external drive shared through a router? I open the path in vain, and even though the appropriate VLC media player is installed on Windows, when opening the file, Windows says that no...
  6. Problem opening FTP media files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem opening FTP media files: Hello, I was wondering if you have any solutions on how to open video files from an external drive shared through a router? I open the path in vain, and even though the appropriate VLC media player is installed on Windows, when opening the file, Windows says that no...
  7. Problem opening FTP media files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Media Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Problems: I have a number of MP4 videos on my C: drive - that now, refuse to play or even allow me to view properties of... When I try - they freeze the whole PC What can I do to view them ? It is virus free - I regularly scan and run AVG I am using VLC...
  9. Problem playing file on Windows Media Player

Problem playing file on Windows Media Player: I was sent private audio files of the type name.cda which Windows Media Player plays fine from the CD sent to me but will not play the same files when I download them to my hard disk. How do I fix this? Can Windows Media Player upload them to my hard disk? Thank you....
  10. Media streaming problems

Media streaming problems: Since I got the upgrade to Windows 10, Media player has been at best quirky at worse totally useless. Originally I could stream media to my televisions but any editing I did in media player was not reflected in the DLNA client on the TV, for example genres that had been...