Windows 10: Problem with my 16 GB Sandisk OTG

Discus and support Problem with my 16 GB Sandisk OTG in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Problem with my 16 GB Sandisk OTG I tried all USB ports with no success. Computer does make the sound suggesting that the device is connected but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ashok Kumar Bag, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Problem with my 16 GB Sandisk OTG

Problem with my 16 GB Sandisk OTG

I tried all USB ports with no success. Computer does make the sound suggesting that the device is connected but nothing shows up on screen.My pendrive shows as ... (3 dots) in " Safely Remove hardware and eject media" and when I click these 3 dots - nothing happens.

I tried to connect other Pendrives in my desktop pc and laptop and they all work fine.

I tried to plug this 16GB Sandisk OTG drive to another Laptop and it does not show up there as well. It is reocgnized in computer management but not in Disk drivers but in USB controllers as Mass Storage but it does not show an exclamation mark. I tried to klick on drivers update but it says that the driver installed is most update .

I am having one Desktop PC and Laptop both running Windows 10.

Although this OTG Sandisk 16GB Pendrive works on my Mobile. When I insert it - it said the drive is damaged and then asked me to proceed for formatting, which I did. After the formatting on the Mobile itself, it started working but does not work on my Laptop as well as on my Desktop PC.
    I have so far tried various methods like formatting, wiping, assigning drive labels, assigning drive letters through Different Partitioning Tools but of no avail. Also tried through bootable Partitioning Software to format, assigning drive letters etc but without any success.
    Any help will be highly appreciated,
    Thanks in advance
    aria

:)

Ashok Kumar Bag, Sep 19, 2015
  2. kniifen Win User

N8 USB OTG

Hi. I have problems with USB OTG. Got it to work with a SanDisk Cruzer USB 2.0 8 GB, which I borrowed from a friend.
    But should not it work with my Kingston Data Traveler G2 16 GB.
    N8 says only "USB device is not supported. Disconnect the device".
    And it works when I connect the N8 to the N97. What USB drives works with N8? And what sizes?

kniifen, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Mem card to buy

Which Memory card should i purchase for my Nokia c5-00 3.2 mp(older version).SanDisk Mobile Extreme Pro 16 GB (Class 6) MicroSD Memory card, SanDisk Mobile Ultra 16 GB Class 6 Memory Card or SanDisk 16GB Class 6 microSDHC Memory card?

Amit36---01, Sep 19, 2015
  4. ram1220 Win User

Sounds like the drive might be defective.

ram1220, Sep 19, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Does it show up in disk management with a drive letter ? 3 dots in Safely Remove meaning it's not being recognized, as 3 dots are normal if nothing is plugged in, FYI.Since has dual port micro and regular USB, possible one is bad, since on mobile device it's using Micro port.

jds63, Sep 19, 2015
  6. Thanks Mr Ram1220 and Jds63 for your response. In the meantime I have fixed my problem and my Sandisk 16 GB OTG is now working fine. I have taken the following steps:
    1 Deleted the partition.
    2 Recreated the MBR partition
    3 Converted the partition into NTFS assigning Drive Letter and Label.
    4 Opened Device Manager and removed drivers at two places - first at storage devices and second at portable devices.
    5 Booted my Laptop and I found my USB drive showing on My Computer. For trial i loaded few files and everything was working to my satisfaction.
    Thanks for taking interest
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Sep 20, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Your welcome ! Strange part is, yes the partition style should be MBR, but the format should be FAT32 (Default) not NTFS. This would be for USB flash drives.

See a flash drive on mine.

Problem with my 16 GB Sandisk OTG [​IMG]

jds63, Sep 20, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

You can choose to format a flash drive as NTFS. Especially if you want to put a file >4gb on it.

NavyLCDR, Sep 21, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    I see choices when you do Format, just wondering how this did fix it. I put large files on a USB Flash before and never changed the default of FAT32. Maybe there is a difference, i did not know as only used this for External Hard drives NTFS.

jds63, Sep 21, 2015
  10. Berton Win User
    FAT32-formatted drives do have a limit of 4GB minus 1Byte for a single file size, NTFS gets around that but there may be other issues in using NTFS, one is if the drive is also used on a Mac OS X computer, Linux doesn't seem to have much trouble with them. Another limit of Windows is in formatting FAT32 partitions of 64GB, have to go with NTFS. But I recently got a SanDisk 64GB MicroSDXC card for my Win10 Notebook and it is formatted as exFAT, seems to be okay.
    A couple of caveats:
    1. 64-bit computing for using/needing more than about 3.0-3.5GB RAM
    2. Use NTFS if needing to store files at 4GB and larger
    3. 32-bit computing for some older programs
    4. 64-bit drivers for devices on 64-bit computers
    5. 64-bit hardware can run a 32-bit Operating System but not the other way around
    6. 64-bit Windows can run many 32-bit programs but not the other way around
    7. 64-bit seldom can run 16-bit programs although I have one program that the installer wouldn't work but copying the program from a 32-bit computer did let the .exe file work
    Okay, it was more than a couple.

Berton, Sep 21, 2015
  11. Mr Berton, Mr Jds63 and Mr NavyLCDR, after setting the pendrive workable for Laptop and Desktop PC, it stopped working for my Micromax Mobile owing to incompatible file format. I had to reformat the same to Fat32 and make it
    workable on all devices. Now it works on all 3. Thanks for taking interest.
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Sep 21, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    So assuming it was always formatted to FAT32 when it wasn't working, till you changed it to NTFS to get it to work, then it didn't again. Guessing it had errors on it.

jds63, Sep 21, 2015
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Something just messed up the MBR on it and the OP was able to restore an MBR and then format it. Really didn't have anything to do with formatting to NTFS specifically.

NavyLCDR, Sep 21, 2015
  14. jds63 Win User
    Sort of what i thought,needed correction.

jds63, Sep 21, 2015
  15. Mr Jds63 when I purchased it -it was Fat32. When I made a bootable recovery pendrive from my Desktop PC I assume it got converted to NTFS. It was working in Laptop and PC as a bootable drive. A few days after this I required this same Pendrive for transferring files from mobile to USB, I came to know that the USB drive is no longer working in Mobile and it gave me message that either the drive is damaged or the file system is incompatible and asked me to format the drive which I did on the mobile itself. After this the USB drive started working in Mobile but stopped working on Laptop and Desktop PC. From here onwards the USB Pendrive did not work at all for 2 days until i posted this matter on this FORUM. I assume that rebuilding MBR and deleting drivers from device managers did the trick. Again I am just a novice hence sought Forum's help.
    Thanks
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with my 16 GB Sandisk OTG - Similar Threads - Problem Sandisk OTG

2. 16 gb 7.88 gb usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16 gb 7.88 gb usable: HelloI have a 16gb ram but it only use 7.88 gb out of it.How do i fix this.Ive already did any other fix method such as going to msconfic,going to setting,about pc and device protection.If you are about to say go to bios and turn on memory mapping my a68hm k motherboard dont...
  3. 16 gb 7.88 gb usable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    16 gb 7.88 gb usable: HelloI have a 16gb ram but it only use 7.88 gb out of it.How do i fix this.Ive already did any other fix method such as going to msconfic,going to setting,about pc and device protection.If you are about to say go to bios and turn on memory mapping my a68hm k motherboard dont...
  4. 16 gb 7.88 gb usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 16 GB only 2.1 GB usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16 GB only 2.1 GB usable: 16 GB only 2.1 GB usable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/16-gb-only-21-gb-usable/6bce321f-0d6c-40d7-acaf-62d5ea504573
  6. 16 GB only 2.1 GB usable

16 GB only 2.1 GB usable: 16 GB only 2.1 GB usable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/16-gb-only-21-gb-usable/6bce321f-0d6c-40d7-acaf-62d5ea504573
  7. 16 GB only 2.1 GB usable

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows Vista on 16 GB SSD?

Windows Vista on 16 GB SSD?: I'm trying to install windows vista on an HP Chromebook 11 G5 EE using MrChromebox UEFI Bootloader with intel Celeron N3060? It has 16GB of SSD, but I can't tell if it has a SATA or M.2 slot for another SSD. If anyone knows if I can either upgrade the SSD or install Vista on...
  9. 16 GB of Ram installed hardware hijacking 8 GB of it.

16 GB of Ram installed hardware hijacking 8 GB of it.: Hi here's my specs first off: MPG X570 MSI Gaming Plus Motherboard 2x8 GB Patriot Viper 3000mhz RAM sticks AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 6 core processor GeForce EVGA RTX graphics card CX750M PSU Corsair USB 3.1 Gen 2 PCIe Allegro Captain 240RGB V2 CPU Cooler My problem: I...
  10. 16 GB RAM Installed 15,9 GB Usabble

16 GB RAM Installed 15,9 GB Usabble: I bought a new desktop computer with an i7 4790 and 16 BG RAM, but the computer itself uses just 15,9 gb ram. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/16-gb-ram-installed-159-gb-usabble/ba15b38a-8903-479e-bcf0-d5b0ead7f442