Problem with my laptop keyboard

Discus and support Problem with my laptop keyboard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today I had a huge problem with my laptop keyboard. Basically, after finishing a Kali session that crashed (it was in Live boot on my USB key), when my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArthurMAQUET, Aug 10, 2018.

1. ArthurMAQUET Win User

Today I had a huge problem with my laptop keyboard. Basically, after finishing a Kali session that crashed (it was in Live boot on my USB key), when my computer restarted my keyboard no longer worked.

I tried to switch again to Linux since my keyboard was not working under windows, and still nothing. I figured the problem was probably with the BIOS, and even resetting it still doesn't work.

The weird thing is that my keyboard works perfectly when I'm in the BIOS but once I enter in my desktop, it doesn't work anymore. However, an external keyboard works very well.

Anyway, I tried many things and nothing works, I hope you can help me because a laptop without keyboard is a bit useless (knowing that my computer is not even 1 year old).

:)

ArthurMAQUET, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Frederik Long Win User

Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Nachappa C K Win User
    Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Black Panther Win User

Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! Problem with my laptop keyboard :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with my laptop keyboard - Similar Threads - Problem laptop keyboard

2. Distorted and Stretched Images on My Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted and Stretched Images on My Monitor: Yet again I have this same frickin' problem on my computer. I presume you were installing updates that I did not ask for and after that when I wanted to use my computer all the images acons and pictures are stretched and weird. Could you fix this please otherwise I will not...
  3. Why will utorrent not install on to my windows 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why will utorrent not install on to my windows 10 laptop?: Utorrent will not run on my laptop does any1 know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/why-will-utorrent-not-install-on-to-my-windows-10/80aaf0da-6166-4021-b285-e639215cfcca
  4. Windows 10 Home - Static / Fixed IP problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home - Static / Fixed IP problem: I am sure this issue has been reported already but I am not sure if a permanent fix was found, but hopefully someone can assist me here. I have my PC running Windows 10 - Home edition, it has a fixed static IP of 192.168.0.3 and a gateway of 192.168.0.1 (subnet mask of...
  5. Specific sites slow/unreachable on WiFi on my device

Specific sites slow/unreachable on WiFi on my device: I have been facing issues trying to connect to specific websites on my laptop with my wifi. Most work just fine. No issues when using a different internet connection (mobile hotspot) on my laptop for those websites. No issues when using a someone else's laptop on my wifi...
  6. Network problem

Network problem: Receiving message 'can't connect to this network" on laptop windows 10. Other devices are connected and fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/network-problem/27c3257b-6241-4aaf-a1cd-06984707735c
  7. Keyboard Issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Issues in Windows 10: United State INTL keyboard is automatically installing. After I deleted it, it also sticking around. I am using Windows 10 Version 1803 OS build 17134.112 [IMG] [ATTACH]...
  8. Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10: I'm having this weird problem since days now, I did not installed any new or recent windows updates or did anything different, just playing games and watching content on YouTube. Randomly freezing on my screen, icons on taskbar (sometimes all of them or just tiny ones at...
  9. Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung: Hi, I would like your help for a problem i am facing. I bought a MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard (7A36-003R) and I wanted to build a new pc but when i try to install Windows 10 x64 on Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 at the step where I select the M.2 disk to install it popups a...
  10. windows sin in problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows sin in problem.: im windows 10 user . I have a sin in problem. when my window is going start it display a message you have not sin in you account and sin in a temporary account has been sin in. I lost my all data which is on the desktop. Now what I should do?...