Windows 10: Problem with my mouse pointer

Discus and support Problem with my mouse pointer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mouse pointer sticks and its very hard and irritating to use my laptop without it. The same thing happens whether I'm using my touchpad or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristopherTalia, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Problem with my mouse pointer

My mouse pointer sticks and its very hard and irritating to use my laptop without it. The same thing happens whether I'm using my touchpad or the mouse. How can I fix this problem, so that I can use my mouse and or touchpad without having the pointer stick on me every 3 seconds?

:)

ChristopherTalia, Jul 28, 2018

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Problem with my mouse pointer

Mouse pointer gone

Very concerning indeed. As a first step I would want to know how you are magnifying your mouse pointer. I assume you are going to Settings, Ease of Access, Mouse, and from there you are changing the pointer size.

I followed these steps and I was able to make my mouse pointer larger. So I know it works for some PCs. Just not yours.

Normally I suggest updated mouse drivers but in your case you already tried a different mouse so I would go in a different direction to troubleshoot your issue. First I would clean boot your PC. See if that step resolves your issue.

Clean boot your PC

How to perform a clean boot in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: The steps apply for Windows 10 as well.

The goal of this step is to see if some other software is running on your PC that conflicts with your mouse. If this step resolves the issue the goal is to try to find the software that is conflicting and disable it, remove it, or update it so it no longer
    conflicts. Don't forget to reverse the steps of the clean boot when you are done trying this step.

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Problem with my mouse pointer

1. Problem with my mouse pointer - Similar Threads - Problem mouse pointer

2. Mouse pointer problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer problems: My mouse pointer disappeared out of nowhere and I was able to make the mouse pointer come back on the screen but now it's stuck in the middle and I don't know how to get out the middle...
  3. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  4. Mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  5. MY MOUSE POINTER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY MOUSE POINTER: My mouse pointer is not visible. I used to update devices by click the device manager and then mice and pointer. After installing the pointer became visible and my computer experienced so slow process that I thought I need to restart it. After I restart, the mouse is not...
  6. Mouse pointer speed problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer speed problem: Hi, I'm having a problem with my mouse pointer speed which keep on changing everytime i turn on my laptop p.s im using a wireless 2.4GHz mouse Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-speed-problem/cdc78563-43f2-47a4-a568-be7c61c97d0b
  7. My mouse pointer

My mouse pointer: when I hover over stuff with my mouse pointer it clicks it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-pointer/bf1a5762-ba57-4bc8-98ff-a5424f148ed7
  8. Mouse Pointer Problem

Mouse Pointer Problem: My Lenovo Y500 laptop was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. All was well. Currently i'm on Windows 10 v.1803 (not sure of the "build" number). I use left-handed mouse pointers which i added to the Cursors folder some time ago. The large left-handed pointers are...
  9. boot menu problems with mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    boot menu problems with mouse pointer: I have a machine with three partitions of Win 10 Pro installed. When the menu comes up to choose which one, the mouse pointer is not displayed. If I move the mouse around I can eventually highlight a menu selection and boot into it. So the system is working, I just can't see...
  10. Problems with mouse pointer scheme

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with mouse pointer scheme: I recently upgraded to windows 10 which went well except my pointer "hid" behind popups. Everything worked, if my pointer went over a selection it would highlight the selection and I could select with no problem, I just couldn't see my pointer. I was using a custom pointer...